Scott Eymer

View Scott Eymer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Valero: Double Digit Pullback Since March Creates A Classic Buying Opportunity [View article]
    benitus,
    Yes, it seems we share similar outlooks. I bet we have similar goals, too...like growing the value of our portfolios over the long haul.
    Good luck to you!
    Apr 12 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    benitus,
    The only comment I would make about VLO today is that I added to my position. I earnestly see the pullback as a buying opportunity. That is my view and I don't suggest anyone else do the same...I simply see this as a long-term holding that will help me meet my goals. Others may have different goals and objectives.
    I appreciate your comments---

Apr 12 03:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hamilton55,
    Thanks, I appreciate your perspective and comment.
    I agree the market 'tells us' what is happening...
    If only we were all capable of knowing exactly what it is telling us.
    Good luck to you as well.

Apr 12 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hamilton55,
    As I indicated in the article Valero estimates its cost to upgrade to new EPA regs at $300 million.

Apr 12 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tradestar,
    Thanks for your comment...you are entitled to your opinion about the quality of my articles and my knowledge base.
    However, what crude did today has nothing to do with the viability of this stock over the long term.

You mention Cramer saying this is not the time for refiners? Did you check out the very last link in my article? It is Cramer's TheStreet.com dated April 8, 2013 reiterating its BUY recommendation on Valero. So I am not sure where you are coming from. The link is here: http://bit.ly/YQQPmh

Anyway, thanks for the read and good luck.
    Apr 12 03:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'New' Kraft: Reinventing Itself And Paying A 4.1% Annual Dividend Yield [View article]
    Sunshine123,
    Great point. Thanks for your comment.
    I think you will find KRFT will expand their Taco Bell partnership as time goes forward and offer even more salsa and Taco Bell dips with greater distribution. I hope so! Kraft Brands/Taco Bell products here:

Apr 12 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ThinkWay,
    You may be right...time will tell. But so far I like what I am seeing out of new CEO Vernon. My hope is the three new $100+ million product launches mentioned in the article are just the start. I agree...KRFT needs to punch out many more new products and product extensions. In any event, Vernon has turned the culture away from the notion that 'innovation doesn't matter here' which is a great first step!
    I appreciate your comments.
    Apr 12 01:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Conure,
    Right you are...as indicated in the article these are not apples-to apples examples. Lower expectations are in order as one can't expect a 90%+ pop as with MRO in year one.

Apr 12 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Curtistocrat,
    Great point, I agree. Really helps to have recent examples of success to point to.
    Thanks for your insight.

Apr 11 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    raja,
    I think you may be right. $48 to $50 in May seems possible for the reasons you list....after all, just 5 weeks ago (March 5) the stock was at $48.
    I appreciate your comments
    Apr 11 05:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Conure,
    I appreciate your comments. Thanks,
    Apr 11 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    benitus,
    Thanks for your comment (and support). I did make an error and have asked SA to correct my mistake. The correct spin off name is CST Brands and the symbol is CST.
    I think buying this stock on the dip makes a lot of sense. The stock is trading down further (to $41.20) as I write.
    Apr 11 12:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    baseballman, thanks for your comment

Apr 11 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    PendragonY,
    Yup...since 1937...Kraft Mac and Cheese has been a staple at kitchen tables everywhere!

With a MILLION boxes sold everyday!

Mar 9 02:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dickie515,

It's a good thing we all have different tastes.

Kraft Mac and Cheese has 1,485,873 "likes" on Facebook.

Amazing!