Scott Eymer

View Scott Eymer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The 'New' Kraft: Reinventing Itself And Paying A 4.1% Annual Dividend Yield [View article]
    PendragonY,
    Yup...since 1937...Kraft Mac and Cheese has been a staple at kitchen tables everywhere!

With a MILLION boxes sold everyday!

Mar 9, 2013. 02:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dickie515,

It's a good thing we all have different tastes.

Kraft Mac and Cheese has 1,485,873 "likes" on Facebook.

Amazing!

Mar 9, 2013. 02:12 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    PendragonY,
    Yup...found the same thing...
    Thanks for jumping on this...

Mar 8, 2013. 07:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jdnrm08,
    I am not sure there is one...But I would expect it to be maybe eight to ten percent on a pullback. Who knows, it could be more.

Here is the risk of waiting, though. One never knows where the market is going...so a year from now, in retrospect, we may look back at today and today's closing price might have been a huge bargain.
    But the market doesn't grow straight up to the sky...so you may want to put this on a watch list and check the price action and be ready to buy at around $45 to $46.
    Hope this helps...thanks for your comment.

Mar 8, 2013. 06:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    wel9603,

I appreciate your comments. I think you are right on...I, too, stick with these billion-dollar icon brands. I love how they put a floor of security under the stock.

Mar 8, 2013. 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    smurf,
    Thanks for your comment.

Like you, I don't mind a relatively static pps as long as their is dividend security and a chance for dividend growth.
    As I mention to waldipup, below, most charts do not show KRFT as upside down in payout ratio. MSN and GOOGLE Finance show EPS of $3.29 and Yahoo shows EPS of $2.74 (ttm). Links below.
    No doubt the price is bumping along the high.

Good luck,
    Mar 8, 2013. 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    maxnsl,

Thanks for your comment. I hold both for the same reason as you.

Regarding your concern about the philosophy of Mr. Vernon and employee ownership...he made it very clear in the CAGNY and other comments that he wants to press this ownership far down into the organization. I hope is intentions are honorable and he wants line-worker level employees to have a stake in the company. That could really work to change culture.

Mar 8, 2013. 05:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Bob,
    Thanks!

Mar 8, 2013. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    waldipup,
    thanks for your comment. Good points...You are looking at the chart on SA to arrive at a PE of 50 and earnings of $0.94. I'd be cynical, too.

However the P/E on the stock is 18.08 and EPS are $3.29 on MSN and Google Finance (links below) and $2.75 on Yahoo.

Mar 8, 2013. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    BrodiesDay,
    Thanks for your comment.
    One never knows what the future holds...but I don't expect this stock to have superior share price movement.
    Investment suitability depends largely on our goals. For me, in retirement, a dividend in excess of 4% from a branded food company that may have some benefit of being 'recession proof' is attractive.
    Your goals may be different.
    I do understand how memory and experience plays a role in our decision making.
    Good luck to you-
    Mar 8, 2013. 12:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Jumpnjoey77,
    Thanks for catching this error, I will request a revision from the editors.

Mar 8, 2013. 12:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    FCI Research,
    Thanks for reading...and I appreciate your comments.

Mar 7, 2013. 10:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Golferdood,
    Thanks for the comment. It is a solid strategy to add to these positions on dips, in my opinion

Mar 7, 2013. 06:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Microsoft Will Dominate The Smartphone Space: Its Android OS Cash Cow [View article]
    Thanks, this article shed new light - for me at least- on some of MSFT opportunities.
    Insightful article ...good news for those of us that are long Mr. Softie.

Mar 1, 2013. 05:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kellogg: Poised For International Growth And Paying A 2.9% Annual Dividend Yield [View article]
    sneaker1404,
    Appreciate your comments.
    A simple solution to both drop the payout ratio and lower debt is for Kellogg to ramp up earnings! I am counting on their international initiatives to do just that.
    Mar 1, 2013. 12:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment