Scott Eymer

View Scott Eymer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Anika Moore,
    Thanks for your comment.
    I, too, am anxious to see how the next several years play out for Johnson and Johnson!

Jan 28 01:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Pts117,
    Thank you for your comment. I have a different view. No, all companies do not suffer from recalls.
    Fewer companies have to enter into a consent decree with the Food and Drug Administration and promise to overhaul operations at three manufacturing plants because of quality problems (link below)

The following quote from Ad Week sums up the long term negative association from product recalls. "Recalls are notoriously toxic for brands, [especially] if the error is squarely associated with the brand, not outsiders," said James Cockerille, director of strategy at FutureBrand North America. “Recalls flatten brand appeal and stifle positive word-of-mouth exchange.” link below

Moreover, many of these OTC products STILL have not returned to retailers shelves.

Jan 28 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Uain53,
    Excellent point....thanks for sharing your experience and observations.

Jan 28 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Patrick,
    Thanks for your comment. I am encouraged by the change in management--not only at the top of this company but also with some of the personnel changes that a new CEO brings. JNJ needed a shake up...to as you say, put the train back on the track....and get it moving in the right direction. New CEO Gorsky may very well be the right change agent for this company with so much going for it.

Jan 27 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Conkjc,
    Thanks for your comment.
    I share your opinion about this sound and diversified company. Plus I look forward to the time when recalls and litigation is in the past...
    JNJ does need to reduce its payout ratio through increased earnings and stock buy backs.
    Jan 26 10:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Elle_Navorski,
    Thanks for your comment. I appreciate the insight of your lesson....and agree with your conclusions.

Jan 26 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Ry The Kid,
    Thanks for your thoughts. I have similar parameters: as long as earnings continue to grow and dividends increase I will remain long on the stock.
    However, I DO care about what happens in the meantime. I fault the former CEO for lack of accountability in the manufacturing process which let to EXPENSIVE product recalls. There was a period over the last 5 years when JNJ just couldn't seem to get it right. I do believe those days are over and JNJ is back on track. Credit new leadership and renewed controls.
    Jan 26 01:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Wokingfool,
    I share your sentiments...we've had to wait while the company got its act together. Solid brands and increasing dividends are good reasons to be long JNJ!
    Thanks for your comment.

Jan 25 09:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Muckdog,
    I think you are correct! Among other attributes JNJ is a great sales organization and will continue to launch innovative products we all want and need.
    Thanks for your comment.

Jan 25 09:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Growing Dividends On My Holiday Wish List [View article]
    Dick, Thanks for the kind comment.
    As you know I am a small fish investor who has been at this for 30 years. It is a passion--not a profession. I have learned a lot and find joy in passing it on.
    --Scott
    Dec 25 10:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Growing Dividends On My Holiday Wish List [View article]
    Golferdood,
    In a perfect world I'd prefer a 40% (or less) payout. But that sure would cut down on my investment options.
    Thanks for your comment--

Dec 21 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Growing Dividends On My Holiday Wish List [View article]
    Ksriniv,
    You are welcome. Thanks for your comment.
    Over the long haul KO & MCD should treat us all well.
    Dec 21 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Growing Dividends On My Holiday Wish List [View article]
    Good point, gfmn. Thanks for your comment and best of luck to you...
    Dec 20 11:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Growing Dividends On My Holiday Wish List [View article]
    My Opinion,
    As I indicated in the disclosure for this article I am long on all 5 names. Check out other articles I have written here and you will see I am long K, GIS, HNZ, CLX, PAYX, CPB, SYS, and RPM. In addition I hold JCI, WMT, CL, PG, KMB, JNJ, T, VZ, XOM to name a few. All are solid plays for DRIP investing.
    Be sure to always do your own independent research...as it sounds like you will from your previous comment.
    Dec 20 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Growing Dividends On My Holiday Wish List [View article]
    My Opinion,
    Thank you for your comment.
    We seem to be on the same path, I am conservative and thoughtful on my approach, too. I do a significant amount of independent research and continue to follow the companies I invest in.
    Best to you in the New Year!
    Dec 20 12:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment