Scott Eymer

View Scott Eymer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Greenstar Purchase Highlights Waste Management's New Focus [View article]
    Congratulations on an excellent first article! Solid, worthwhile information well presented.
    Long WM.
    Feb 11, 2013. 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clorox: A Dividend Aristocrat Cleaning Up In 2013 [View article]
    waldipup,
    Exactly. Well said. Waiting for a pullback is prudent.
    Thanks for your comment.

Feb 6, 2013. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clorox: A Dividend Aristocrat Cleaning Up In 2013 [View article]
    cpa28761,
    I appreciate your comment and am always appreciative of your accounting insight.

Feb 5, 2013. 11:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clorox: A Dividend Aristocrat Cleaning Up In 2013 [View article]
    smr36,
    Thanks for your comment. No doubt, waiting for a pullback is the way to go.

Feb 5, 2013. 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clorox: A Dividend Aristocrat Cleaning Up In 2013 [View article]
    Ben,
    I appreciate your comments. Waiting for a pullback does seem prudent. I do think the company is in a position to service it's debt.

Feb 4, 2013. 11:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Anika Moore,
    Thanks for your comment.
    I, too, am anxious to see how the next several years play out for Johnson and Johnson!

Jan 28, 2013. 01:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Pts117,
    Thank you for your comment. I have a different view. No, all companies do not suffer from recalls.
    Fewer companies have to enter into a consent decree with the Food and Drug Administration and promise to overhaul operations at three manufacturing plants because of quality problems (link below)

The following quote from Ad Week sums up the long term negative association from product recalls. "Recalls are notoriously toxic for brands, [especially] if the error is squarely associated with the brand, not outsiders," said James Cockerille, director of strategy at FutureBrand North America. “Recalls flatten brand appeal and stifle positive word-of-mouth exchange.” link below

Moreover, many of these OTC products STILL have not returned to retailers shelves.

Jan 28, 2013. 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Uain53,
    Excellent point....thanks for sharing your experience and observations.

Jan 28, 2013. 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Patrick,
    Thanks for your comment. I am encouraged by the change in management--not only at the top of this company but also with some of the personnel changes that a new CEO brings. JNJ needed a shake up...to as you say, put the train back on the track....and get it moving in the right direction. New CEO Gorsky may very well be the right change agent for this company with so much going for it.

Jan 27, 2013. 12:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Conkjc,
    Thanks for your comment.
    I share your opinion about this sound and diversified company. Plus I look forward to the time when recalls and litigation is in the past...
    JNJ does need to reduce its payout ratio through increased earnings and stock buy backs.
    Jan 26, 2013. 10:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Elle_Navorski,
    Thanks for your comment. I appreciate the insight of your lesson....and agree with your conclusions.

Jan 26, 2013. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Ry The Kid,
    Thanks for your thoughts. I have similar parameters: as long as earnings continue to grow and dividends increase I will remain long on the stock.
    However, I DO care about what happens in the meantime. I fault the former CEO for lack of accountability in the manufacturing process which let to EXPENSIVE product recalls. There was a period over the last 5 years when JNJ just couldn't seem to get it right. I do believe those days are over and JNJ is back on track. Credit new leadership and renewed controls.
    Jan 26, 2013. 01:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Wokingfool,
    I share your sentiments...we've had to wait while the company got its act together. Solid brands and increasing dividends are good reasons to be long JNJ!
    Thanks for your comment.

Jan 25, 2013. 09:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: A Dividend 'King' With A Bright Future [View article]
    Muckdog,
    I think you are correct! Among other attributes JNJ is a great sales organization and will continue to launch innovative products we all want and need.
    Thanks for your comment.

Jan 25, 2013. 09:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Growing Dividends On My Holiday Wish List [View article]
    Dick, Thanks for the kind comment.
    As you know I am a small fish investor who has been at this for 30 years. It is a passion--not a profession. I have learned a lot and find joy in passing it on.
    --Scott