Scott Eymer

View Scott Eymer's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Thomas Azzara,
    Hype it? I guess I could have. Instead I just laid out the facts as I see them.
    Thanks for the read and comment. Good luck to you.

May 2, 2013. 10:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    rejiii,
    Thanks for the read and comment. I agree on both points! Good luck to you!
    May 2, 2013. 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Sejd213,

Thanks for your comment! Good luck to you!

May 2, 2013. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    Hector V,
    You may be right! I clearly identified that this is a speculative play, and just like the term implies, it could go either way.

If you think this is just a place where Grandma shopped, you haven't been in a JCP store lately. I would venture to say it has been my experience that more young people (rather than older people) have been checking out the new inventory.

In any event, time will tell.
    Thanks for your comment and for reading the article.

Apr 30, 2013. 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    LibertyCampaign,

Thanks for your comment. I would think this stock will have a bumpy ride with plenty of up and down days.
    I bet there will be quite a focus on being ready for back to school and the holiday season.

Apr 28, 2013. 12:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    tampabay,
    I think shoppers and employees (and investors) are delighted the Ron Johnson era has come to an end. Now it is about what and how quickly Mike Ullman and his team can right the ship. No doubt about it, this is a speculative play, not for everyone. But I think there is money to be made over a short horizon...like by back to school or 4th quarter holiday season. We shall see.
    Thanks for your read and the comment!
    Apr 27, 2013. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    LibertyCampaign,
    Thanks for the read and your comment.
    Joe Fresh is contracted to be in 681 of 1104 J C Penney stores. Yours may not be one of the Joe Fresh locations.

Apr 27, 2013. 01:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    1guardian,
    Thanks for your comment and sharing your personal experience with JCP. You may be right...it could take a long time (or forever) to right this ship.
    My point in the article is that conditions are so bad and expectations so low (both priced into the stock) that even small improvements will increase the share price. Time will tell.
    Apr 26, 2013. 07:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    Karmike,
    Thanks for your contribution. Time will tell but I, too, see the stock doing fine in the long run.

Apr 26, 2013. 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    Jabbertherapy,
    Yeah, I resisted personal attacks on Johnson but did get a kick out of your analogy to an episode of 'hustle'. Suffice it to say I am glad this era is over...
    Thanks for your read and comment!
    Apr 26, 2013. 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    Heinz Doofenshmirtz,
    Thakns for your comment. You should do just fine with this investment.
    I love your final quote, which I have hanging on my wall...a reason to be long on JCP at these levels.

Apr 26, 2013. 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Valero: Double Digit Pullback Since March Creates A Classic Buying Opportunity [View article]
    double12months,
    My thoughts as well. Long term holding that should grow for a long time.
    Thanks for your comment.

Apr 24, 2013. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    APPallYing,
    My expectations are right in line with the average from 19 analysts (link below)....so $1.00 vs. a year ago EPS of 0.31

Will we see $41 PPS + in May? I have no idea...(I don't attempt to time the market) although I think it is possible. $41 PPS would be less than a 7% bump from where the stock trades right now. The spin off (May 1) should lift both tickers.

But the bottom line for me is over time (not necessarily in the month of May 2013) I expect solid returns from VLO (and CST).
    Apr 19, 2013. 12:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Kistylez01,
    I can't answer your question with absolute certainty. This is a great question for your broker. In the case of a stock split or dividend if your order was executed by the ex-dividend date (even if not by the settlement date) your purchase would include rights to the dividend. But I wouldn't advise you that the same is true for spin-off shares.
    Thanks for your question/comment.
    Apr 17, 2013. 07:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'New' Kraft: Reinventing Itself And Paying A 4.1% Annual Dividend Yield [View article]
    Sunshine123,
    Wow...that would be GREAT news. I think we will see a lot of successful new product introductions under the leadership of new CEO Vernon.
    Good luck to you!