Scrying Biotech

View Scrying Biotech's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Synergy's Constipated Share Price Is Headed For A Cure [View article]
    rgerry, thank you for the insightful comments. I believe there's some misinterpretation regarding my 50% exit of appreciation. To be clear, Synergy is worth far more than that and if, as you say, Plencanatide proves out will be double or more today's price. Please reexamine the context of my comments and you'll see we don't disagree.

Everything you've stated I agree with.

Michael
    Mar 4, 2015. 07:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • After Hours Gainers / Losers [View news story]
    Yesterday's 10% gain was like the first tiny flame that starts a fire. Today's 5% pullback was like the smoke that envelopes that flame. Tomorrow we start to burn not without the smoke of uncertainty, at least for a few days. But soon enough, the fire will warm us.

Go Synergy!
    Mar 4, 2015. 06:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Biotechs Under $5 That Could Light Up In 2015 [View article]
    Goal Kick - pretty soon, the machines won't need us anymore except for our energy of course ;-)
    Mar 4, 2015. 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock [View article]
    I thought they ran it up on purpose. And those purposes were to avoid de-listing, finance through dilution and continue the obvious pattern of manipulation surrounding the stock sale and purchase agreement. Well done. Well done.

Terrible for investors though.
    Mar 4, 2015. 06:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Biotechs Under $5 That Could Light Up In 2015 [View article]
    Peter Davies,

Perhaps you're right. The notable difference other than the high acquisition costs, however, are that the biotech fund manager is the only one learning from the stock selection process. You're forever subject to his or her expertise.

If that's working for you - stick with it. Bret's shot gun approach similarly works for him. Though in only one of those two instances does the investor evolve through skill enrichment.

My approach differs substantially from the norm, but demands my involvement in the process. At the end of the day, I have no one to thank, and no one to blame, but myself. I like that.

Take care, and go Synergy!

Michael
    Mar 4, 2015. 04:49 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin's (AMRN) CEO John Thero on Q4 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    Good analysis. If you're talking about a larger market share of this first treatment population, you're right, and it is growing. That breakout, however, could happen at any time. And what an awakening that will be.
    Mar 3, 2015. 11:41 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospective New Investors Have To Wake Up To See Amarin Now [View article]
    Thanks Rick! I'm rabid Amarin right now. Enough so that if I can't put together $3-$4k on a single position in a given month, I just drop a thousand on Amarin. By Q4 2016, I should have $12-$20k or more depending on appreciation. In other words, it's fine for me if people wake up late on this one.
    Mar 3, 2015. 09:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospective New Investors Have To Wake Up To See Amarin Now [View article]
    The worst thing you can do as an investor is look back with regret. Instead, analyze your entry points, what drove you to select them, and what you overlooked if anything. That way, you'll do better moving forward.

Up $0.11 or 7% A.H. on heavy trading 159k shares 9% of the days volume.
    Mar 3, 2015. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin Q4 revenues up 64%, Vascepa sales up 17% sequentially [View news story]
    The handle says it all. null
    Mar 3, 2015. 05:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Athersys up 20% on Chugai deal [View news story]
    I'm not a holder of this equity, but that's a smart deal. Congratulations!
    Mar 2, 2015. 09:27 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Week In Review: Eddingpharm Pays $169 Million For China Rights To Omega-3 Drug [View article]
    Thank you for highlighting Amarin's deal with EddingPharm as part of your China pharmacology update. Investors would do well to visit the EddingPharm website http://bit.ly/1vQUWkF to understand the growing breadth of influence this company wields. And for an investment perspective, please visit my article found here: http://bit.ly/1M3m4AW
    Mar 2, 2015. 12:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospective New Investors Have To Wake Up To See Amarin Now [View article]
    N5719B ~ Great catch! And thank you for your contribution.

Michael
    Mar 2, 2015. 12:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospective New Investors Have To Wake Up To See Amarin Now [View article]
    There are thousands of professional opinions on either side of any debate. And yes, maybe some are being orchestrated to help quash registrational data to come. Investment, however, only cares that strong opinions are being voiced and Amarin becomes relevant again.

When that happens, and I believe it's happening now, the stock will rise.
    Mar 1, 2015. 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synergy's Constipated Share Price Is Headed For A Cure [View article]
    dscooby, please forgive me for not addressing your need for clarification sooner.

It means that if the first CIC Phase 3 returns statistically significant data fit for regulatory approval, the second Phase 3 in Q3 will be assumed to follow suit with equally attractive data.

At not time did I state or imply that "the company future is not sound". Sorry I wasn't clear enough there. Please understand that most of my thoughts center on investor sentiment towards the equity and are, at this juncture, dispassionate where the company is concerned.
    Feb 27, 2015. 11:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospective New Investors Have To Wake Up To See Amarin Now [View article]
    sts66 ~ always good to have your comments/questions which add clarity rather than cloud the issues.

I have a jaded opinion where the FDA and Amarin are concerned. Put bluntly, I think the GSK/larger pharmaceutical industry/FDA all colluded to crush Amarin. That said, Amarin management put the screw to shareholders by not being forthcoming. Biotech managements don't do that generally speaking, but Joey selling his shares with foreknowledge of the FDA's emphasis on those meaningless peripheral studies was ethically depraved.

I no longer put much store by the phrase: "already built into the price" because while I clearly understand what is meant by it, I've learned that the market reacts violently to any negative news. Now, I do agree that the price will recover quickly once the CRL is fully digested but that depends on how transparent Thero is regarding the contents of that document. Since I don't perceive him to be savvy conceptually speaking (but very savvy business management wise) I would expect him to him and haw until he finally gets the courage to simply spell it out - hence the bump back to a buck.

We'll see... Enjoy your weekend!

Michael