Scrying Biotech

View Scrying Biotech's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2 Trepidatious Travails Tormenting Trevena's Tried And True [View article]
    rcaulfield ~ I'm glad you appreciated it. You're right about the use of anti-emetics both before and after administration of pain relief. There are, however, likely restrictions on prior/preemptive use in clinical studies because examining side-effects is an essential aspect of what we're trying to learn.

Quite frankly, investors are making too much out of this issue. I wrote about it in a follow-up article that was not designated "Pro" and was therefore published to my website. You can find it here: http://bit.ly/1eRt7AC

The above referenced article contains actionable information on why it is I believe this abdominoplasty trial will reveal a side-effect profile on par or better than morphine.

I hope you enjoy it.

Michael
    Aug 4, 2015. 07:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    MV, I wholeheartedly agree with every thought you've expressed. Please keep in mind that this article was written prior to the 2nd set of data being made public. At this point in time, I can't imagine that there won't be a buyout. And I'm approaching this next week with great expectation of an announcement to that effect.

It's good to be holding a winner! Have a good weekend.

Michael
    Jul 31, 2015. 05:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    Richard Henriksson, great comments and appreciate your thoughts. For me, I think it would depend upon the terms of the partnership. Equal to Ironwood's agreement with Allergan and the market would react neutral to negative. With a better split of revenues and a complete assumption of the development costs of dolcanatide plus regulatory and sales milestones, and the reaction would be quite positive.

Dilution without a partner would be catastrophic in the short-term but neutral in the long view.

Still glued to my Latest Portfolio Headlines view on Seeking Alpha hoping for a sale at $3bn and above.

Michael
    Jul 31, 2015. 04:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    MV, today's price action was somewhat predictable as money has been moving out of the sector and this 2nd data set was more risk reductive than catalyzing to the share price.

I also think that downward pressure could be applied by the buying and selling parties in order to reduce shareholder expectations thereby allowing for a buyout price closer to 14 than say 21 as many are dreaming of.

Think about it, if you could make $100m but only if the purchasing company was willing to pay no more than $3b, what would you do?
    Jul 30, 2015. 06:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    Advent13, plecanatide is the best chronic constipation treatment in the world. Congratulations!
    Jul 30, 2015. 06:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bulls And Bears: Valeant Pharmaceuticals (Video) [View article]
    Anita Bruinsma, very impressive stuff! I especially enjoyed your command of the presentation which simple without being simplistic, and informative without being boring.

Thank you!
    Jul 29, 2015. 04:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    MV, were those options gifted to all board members or just the 2 new guys? At 7.91 that's a promising sign, isn't it? I'd be concerned if they came at a severe discount to today's price.

Good get man!
    Jul 28, 2015. 08:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    Richard, on a personal note, I struggle with depression and a few other maladies associated with living and breathing and I have to tell you how much I appreciate what you just wrote. Striving for that balance always feels out of my reach. Thanks to you, and for a moment, it feels just out of reach.

Thank you!

Michael
    Jul 28, 2015. 05:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    MV, i think you're on to it. Soon!
    Jul 27, 2015. 08:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    Joel, always love to hear from you. Investors are a tough crowd to please because they've put their money and hopes on the line. I've learned to appreciate that.

For those of you unfamiliar with Joel's outstanding work on this equity, I highly recommend reading his Instablog posts.

Michael
    Jul 27, 2015. 06:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    Market Veritas, you're a tribute to the Seeking Alpha community and I appreciate your thoughtful approach.

I recognize that folks can have disagreements over valuation and neither have to be right or wrong. I'm not persuaded, however, by those richer numbers.

Some items I addressed in previous articles remain true today.

The CIC market place is getting crowded and expecting to match Linzess script numbers out of the gate is unrealistic. Not to mention the challenges that generic Linzesss will pose to space saturation.

Dolcanatide is a promising compound but a good ways off and millions of dollars away from realizing its promise.

Jacobs is highly incentivized to sell right away. $15 a share and $100m in his pocket sounds right to me.

Again, thanks for. your contribution to the discussion.
    Jul 27, 2015. 05:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    indiansfan407, when i write an article, i try to write it by giving voice to not only my opinion but the objective truth of a matter. Buyouts following successful registration studies are not unusual but certainly aren't the norm.

I believe Synergy will be acquired according to the observations within the article. That said, if Vegas ran a line on this (and they probably do) the house would be betting against an acquisition.

As the famous Chinese proverb concludes: We'll see.
    Jul 27, 2015. 05:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    jiri123, yes and thank you.
    Jul 27, 2015. 05:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Teva to buy Allergan Generics for $40.5B [View news story]
    Yes, they did.
    Jul 27, 2015. 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Teva to buy Allergan Generics for $40.5B [View news story]
    An extremely wise move by Allergan which will no doubt use that money to acquire complementary assets. All developmental biotechs will benefit from this decision by becoming prospective take-out candidates.

Exercising the TRV027 option with Trevena suddenly looks more promising as well.
    Jul 27, 2015. 07:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment