Scrying Biotech

View Scrying Biotech's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Butterfly Effect: Advanced Cell Technology Becomes Ocata Therapeutics (OCAT) [View article]
    Move to the sidelines! It doesn't matter what the reasons are. The company badly needed both the uplist and the equity raise. I believe the one is tied to the other. And if management could have made them happen then they would have.

Ocata Therapeutics is in suspension right now. And where uncertainty presents itself, the shareprice will erode. Wotten knows this and would have moved forward if he could have.

Stupid me. I should have endorsed following uplist and equity raise but trusted instead.
    Dec 23, 2014. 06:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyclacel Now An Exercise In Futility [View article]
    Thank you. And I appreciate that you were kind enough to admit a similar mistake. Frankly, I don't know why investors don't do this more often as I believe there's perhaps more to learn from a loss than from a success.
    Dec 20, 2014. 08:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyclacel Now An Exercise In Futility [View article]
    nbeen ~ I've invested/traded in many biotechs over the past three years and this was the most frustrating of all of them. I lost a good bit of money here and that's after having exited my position and returned after the implosion of Sunesis thinking that a run-up here was inevitable. Flawed thinking always leads to poor choices.

This experience has taught me many lessons along the way.

1. Take my own advise. In my first Cyclacel piece, I recommended selling 50% of my position after a 50% profit. I had two opportunities - one near a 92% gain a blew them both off thinking things would get dramatically better. They didn't!

2. Don't ignore institutional involvement including lack thereof. These larger funds have on staff clinical trial specialists. They didn't like sapacitabine and therefore, I shouldn't have liked it as much.

3. Look for bad financial arrangements and if found, don't stay involved indefinitely. The Aspire agreement, in my opinion, was used to the benefit of short sellers to make it easy for them to profit. This agreement was made in advance of the JMP equity raise, but the JMP offering didn't replace it as I thought it would. Instead, Aspire would buy shares on the cheap and sell during ascending periods always dragging the price back down. Apparently, Rombotis was college buddies with the CEO of Aspire.

There are many more lessons I learned but won't bore you anymore. Suffice it to say, I'm discouraged but not broken. If one can learn along the way, especially from one's mistakes, then the probability of consistent profit making is enhanced.

Thank you for your kindness.

Michael
    Dec 20, 2014. 02:49 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for this SnPJedi. I have mixed feelings bout the 8k as it certainly looks and feels like a sales brochure. This leads me to believe that they're still trolling for interest. Mentioning up-list in Q1 2015 as a goal is helpful.

I still recommend a side-line approach until this is resolved.
    Dec 20, 2014. 12:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'll make it official from my perspective - up-list and capital raise were integral parts of my investment thesis. Without them, I'd stay away from this until the matter is resolved.
    Dec 19, 2014. 08:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cyclacel Now An Exercise In Futility [View article]
    A little shovel of dirt to cover my misery. But, what's true is true.
    Dec 18, 2014. 07:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Brooklyn, oddly, tonight, it's listed on the NASDAQ after-hours board (-$0.05). It does appear that it's trading by day on the OTC and by night on NASDAQ. Ah, that Ocata....
    Dec 18, 2014. 12:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What? Is Wotton bound and gagged in a room somewhere? Oh, you're talking about something so monumental that he's been kept contractually from saying something about it. I see.

Well, allow me then to construct the PR.

Dear Shareholders,

On December 2nd, we informed you that we would be conducting a public offering of 10mm shares of our common stock and uplisting to the NASDAQ with a target date of Friday, December 11th. We are aware that both of these objectives have not currently been met and will be updating you on our progress as events dictate.

Paul Wotton

See, it's easy. That way, we'd at least know that they're not vacationing unaware on the warm beaches of Barcelona.
    Dec 16, 2014. 03:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I harbor no illusions about corporate management of public companies. I know they're sworn to protect and enhance shareholder value but by human nature will protect and enhance their own positions. I know they're busy people handling difficult situations. I know they're human and make mistakes. But....

How about a press release explaining what's happening here?
    Dec 15, 2014. 05:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes he is.
    Dec 15, 2014. 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    User 12282081 ~ I was unaware of any use of the phrase "butterfly effect" prior to coining it here. I now find it amusing, however, that it refers to chaos theory if only because that would be apt given Friday's chaotic ticker debacle and the company's chaotic history.

Some people are gifted with the ability to think creatively. Some are not.
    Dec 14, 2014. 01:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Esekla was proven wrong on Friday. The stock soared when people thought they were trading on the NASDAQ. He may be proven right on Tuesday but only because a) Friday's glitch and botch spooked investors away and b) the offering price is now $5 in part because management underestimated positive retail investors response.

I like Esekla, but he's been wrong more so than right. He also stated that the stock would underperform for years but (may have added) that he might initiate a position at the diluted low. He's wrong about the former and would be wise if he said the latter.

We'll see.
    Dec 13, 2014. 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Doug - at this point in time ;-)
    Dec 13, 2014. 08:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks very much for this thorough and reasonable response Doug. It's especially appreciated in light of my juvenile tendencies to play with others which I have with you on occasion.

Very cool man.....
    Dec 13, 2014. 08:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    aretailguy ~ I understand that's it's a stereotype and that there are many exceptions to my lump sum analysis of the demographics involved. We can, however, make certain assumptions based on stereotypic behaviors. Liberals, like myself for instance, tend to be more tolerant of aberrant behaviors as long as they do not breach agreed upon criminal boundaries where someone is harmed in the process of committing the act. We tend to emphasize responsibility to each other as opposed to responsibility solely for one's self. My own personal righteousness is less important than our collective right conduct.

Persons who identify themselves as conservative - especially religious conservatives, tend to see support for stem cell research as "playing God" and reflexively condemn such activity. This becomes especially true of those who see each individual as responsible for his own condition. "I'm rich because I worked hard to get here and so could anyone else who applied themselves accordingly." To reinforce this erroneous conclusion, all activities of man are seen through a moral lens of judgement. "That poor fella is poor because he must be morally bankrupt." I, on the other hand, am rich because God has blessed me to be so, therefore, I must stop this abomination of stem cell research, or at least, keep my money clear of such investments.

I think its an easy call to see the thought process behind a large swatch of political and religious motives that keep people from investing in stem cell companies. As a liberal and spiritual person, I have some reservations about this myself but am satisfied that the end result is a blessing to man and therefore from God.
    Dec 13, 2014. 01:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment