Scrying Biotech

View Scrying Biotech's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How Low Can This Market Go? [View article]
    Interesting name, Pollyanna. Coming from poly, meaning many and anna, meaning mercy. I live in many mercies knowing that what goes down must come up.
    Aug 25, 2015. 08:46 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Low Can This Market Go? [View article]
    It annoyed me.
    Aug 25, 2015. 07:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Low Can This Market Go? [View article]
    Some people live in fear.
    Aug 25, 2015. 07:32 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trevena Overreacts [View article]
    prx, that is actually one of the best questions I've encountered on any article or thread. If the results are mixed between the two groups of 100 patients, your question will be one analysts will no doubt ask.

As I contemplate this, I'm quite affected by bill13's analysis which can be summed up in this thought. "Too often the scientists are in charge of the business decisions which usually does not work out well for the shareholders."

Now, the reverse might also be the case, but my concern rests in the consequence of such a misstep. In other words, has Maxine Gowen deferred to the Chief Medical Officer in the construction of the trial protocol in this Phase 2b setting? Or, does she have a consensus model in place that prohibits her from making a final decision? In either case, will she continue to defer, or will she assert herself? And what will the consequence be if, for instance, the Chief Medical Officer is right next time?

I'm sincerely hoping that I'm wrong and that both groups beat morphine in both safety and efficacy. But, if I'm right, all of the uncertainties that attend to this misstep will weigh on the stock price. You see, I believe biotech retail investors are smarter than most managements give them credit for.

More trials to determine an effective dose range in Phase 3 would be a major setback. Let's hope that won't be necessary. In any case, CEO Gowen will have to do an extremely good job of communicating any decision in such a way as to engender confidence.

We'll see....
    Aug 21, 2015. 08:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trevena Overreacts [View article]
    jbem777, I'm not so sure.

1. Money has been flowing out of equities and biotechnology in particular.
    2. While institutional holdings have increased over the past quarter, Trevena hasn't caught on with retail investor leaving it thinly traded and subject to manipulation - the trading range over the past several months has reinforced this notion for me.
    3. If we take manipulation out of the equation, we might be left to the conclusion that investors agree more with my assessment than yours.

Recognize that I haven't sold a single share and don't intend to. I'd like to add but like so many others the demands of summer vacations have my reserves tapped where trading is concerned.

What's next is that data release which will either....

a) move the stock to a new level (your take)
    b) move the stock down (the view of a small cadre of TRV130 is an inferior drug)
    c) continue to struggle (my position based upon what I perceive to be a flawed overreaction to the earlier data set).

Good luck to all...
    Aug 20, 2015. 12:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tough To Believe But MannKind Is Making Progress [View article]
    Hakan
    Aug 18, 2015. 03:17 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    Please forgive me for misinterpreting and/or becoming a bit defensive. On a brighter note, I do think we all need to exercise a bit of patience here. Buyouts typically come just after FDA approval. This instance is unusual in that management has created incentives to be acquired but that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be able to execute on their intentions or do that on the timeline we might prefer.

Hang in there! And good luck to us.
    Aug 14, 2015. 07:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    thebestinvestor ~ "Speculation for a BO cost people $$" is perhaps the most irresponsible, nonsensical statement I've heard in some time.

Speculation is all that we do when involving ourselves in any investment opportunity. Ruminating on a buyout was a whimsical notion on my part that I placed clearly on the low-end of possibilities moving forward.

Please take ownership of your own decision making processes both in this venue of investment and in all your activities and relationships.

Michael
    Aug 14, 2015. 02:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trevena Overreacts [View article]
    jbem777 ~ an outstanding rebuttal. Thank you! I won't attempt to counter your arguments as my article already serves to do that.

We look forward together to September's data release and CEO Gowen's commentary on those numbers.

For the time being, the market is responding favorably to the Wedbush presentation. Having a great deal of my portfolio dedicated to Trevena, I'm grateful to see that.

Michael
    Aug 13, 2015. 05:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trevena Overreacts [View article]
    bill13 ~ perhaps you're unfamiliar with my writing style. When I hold an equity, and my long-position in Trevena (TRVN) is my largest in biotechnology, I cover the stock with a naked honesty that compels management of the company to higher levels of performance. Certainly mistakes have been made, the largest of which to date has been not addressing the nausea and vomiting issues in the Phase 2a bunionectomy study forthrightly in a press release. When will we ever learn that which we attempt to bury out of sight will be shouted from the mountaintops?

To arrive at the conclusion, however, that I'm somehow so disaffected that I would sell my shares, or encourage anyone not to buy shares, is erroneous. Trevena is a monster that will one day be measured in a much larger tier of capitalization. What we have today are growing pains.

You must also keep in mind that this, and every other article on Seeking Alpha, is an opinion piece and nothing more. Certainly, Mr. Market appears to disagree with my assessments as Trevena has risen in double digits over the past 2 or 3 days. I just as easily could have written a piece addressing the growing institutional support being reported on NASDAQ as the 6/30/15 numbers come in. Those will be finalized on or about August 18th.

Everybody makes mistakes Bill. The question is always whether or not we learn from them.

Michael
    Aug 13, 2015. 05:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Promising Biotechs Hobbled By First-Impression Issues [View article]
    Early Retiree, I loved that article. Makes me wonder if one day the most powerful computer used by said hedge funds will lock them out, move their money to new, undetectable accounts and proceed to make trillions all the while sending the managers emoticon messages like wink and haha.

Michael

P.S. I'm going to start buying TBPH. It's simply too low not to.
    Aug 11, 2015. 04:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Promising Biotechs Hobbled By First-Impression Issues [View article]
    AlessandroDiRoma, very nice analysis of ISIS. I think there's a definite flip side to having so many partnerships that go beyond impeding acquisition.

Thanks for your contribution.

Michael
    Aug 11, 2015. 02:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Promising Biotechs Hobbled By First-Impression Issues [View article]
    singlemalt 18, cogent criticism. And thank you for the contribution.

Michael
    Aug 11, 2015. 02:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Promising Biotechs Hobbled By First-Impression Issues [View article]
    CSYJ, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And I can appreciate your caution.

I have no problem at all with the name Baxalta specifically because it's singularly unique while simultaneously referencing the powerful Baxter heritage. In other words, it benefits from the association without creating confusion.

Michael
    Aug 11, 2015. 02:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is A Synergy Pharmaceuticals Buyout Already In Place? [View article]
    Terapin, thx 4 saying it 4 me.
    Aug 6, 2015. 06:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment