Scrying Biotech

View Scrying Biotech's Comments BY TICKER:
  • NovaBay Pharmaceuticals Seeks To Change The Paradigm Of Eye Care From Practitioner To Patient [View article]
    MG, you can SYDH all you want, just answer me this. What happens when NovaBay reports a half-million dollars in sales Q1? And a million in Q2? What happens to the stock price? You can't see the forest through the trees, can you?
    Apr 27, 2015. 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Matt24d, I can tell you that I've had a limit order for 7,700 shares at $0.63 for two straight trading days that finally filled today at $0.6251. That, and the low volume, tells me that very few people are selling their shares and most are holding for big returns. I've set a sell target of $1.85 and believe we'll get there quickly. I think Pioneer feels the same way a will reward themselves for taking part in that badly needed financing when the moment arises. To which I say: good for them!

Take care man...
    Apr 27, 2015. 10:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dissecting StemCells Latest Capital Raise [View article]
    JMY Investments, thank you for taking the time and energy to educate your audience on the various finance mechanisms available to biotech enterprises. This is an under-appreciated aspect of our due diligence and your input is valuable.
    Apr 27, 2015. 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MedGuy103, nobody has sold squat right now. Understanding form filings isn't a strength of mine, but if insiders are preparing to sell their shares - good for them! What you're implying, however, is that they're going to sell soon and at a loss. That's purely speculative on your part.

I too believe they're going to sell - for a huge profit, but that's purely speculative on my part.

I think management is aware that this is a huge gamble and for all the reasons I've articulated. They're also aware that once people see the revenue curve in Q1 from the previous quarters, that the stock will rally. Can they sustain the upward push? Well, that's the question I've raised here. I don't think they know the answer yet, but I believe they're going to be pleasantly surprised. You apparently don't and that's okay.

Take care man....
    Apr 26, 2015. 06:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trevena's Q4 2014 Results Conference Call - What We Learned [View article]
    mstar991, it is persons such as yourself who keep driving me forward.

ESPR is one I flat out goofed on. And knowing what a 300% hold feels like, I can tell you that a 400% hold must feel even better. Are you staying in? Are you taking profits? Are you hedging in any way?

I want to thank you for the info on Alta Partners. I'll copy it to my Trevena file for future articulation. It brings to mind an aspect of the trading on Trevena I left out of my manic overflow. Institutions are happily lapping up the shares retail investors grow tired of holding.

It was an odd week - last week. There are many savvy bloggers who believe that money will continue flowing out of the sector. That makes it essential to pick the winners.

Good luck!
    Apr 26, 2015. 06:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trevena's Q4 2014 Results Conference Call - What We Learned [View article]
    fo = for - tickets = tickers
    Apr 26, 2015. 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trevena's Q4 2014 Results Conference Call - What We Learned [View article]
    jlothan, I had an opinion about Cytokinetics which proved to be true at the time. I predicted a stumble in the first Phase 2 Omecamtive Mercarbil study. I also predicted that Amgen would spin it into a Phase 3. Since I haven't followed the stock fo many months since, I have no opinion at this time. Recognize that most biotech stocks oscillate over time making it imperative that we revisit them rather than discarding them with prejudice.

My mind is presently occupied by a particularly beautiful woman so I'll not be assessing those tickets any time soon. Good luck!
    Apr 26, 2015. 06:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trevena's Q4 2014 Results Conference Call - What We Learned [View article]
    mstar991 ~ Thank you very much! When I first noticed a comment on this thread I thought for sure it was going to be someone noticing the stumbling share price. As this represents the end of a long week, I'm glad for that wasn't the case being known for my bluntness.

Presently, I'm in a go with the flow mode on my small self-driven biotech portfolio that has existing positions that I've taken profit from in Amarin (AMRN); Synergy (SGYP); and Trevena (TRVN). I'll be initiating a position in NovaBay (NBY) this coming week. Trevena is by far my largest at this point in time supplanting Synergy.

What I can tell you is that (and these are my impressions only and not investment advise) Amarin is the best long-term play as the buildup to REDUCE-IT results will slowly evolve over the coming years. Look to the past history and cut that amount in half due to the issuance of additional shares but the price could easily eclipse $15 in late 2016. I would stay away from it with new dollars until the NCE court case is resolved. That should take place by no later than July of this year. Should the verdict be favorable, my existing position will rally 30 - 40% and then regress with profit taking. I'll be in that group. If the verdict runs against Amarin, a sell-off will occur as investor confidence will be shaken once again. I could see a fall to $1.60 and a recovery over a year's time to double today's price (the $15 target assumes a positive verdict).

I have my third largest position in Synergy but have already taken profit at the 50% climb I alerted investors to one week before it happened. I'm not adding to that because I see the fully diluted market cap as sufficient to prohibit a big surge in the price on favorable Phase 3 CIC results. There are those who fervently disagree with me. That said, as you can see from my Amarin caveat - I don't play binary events without some degree of safety which for me is profit taking. For others it involves selling options on their shares. Synergy will be in big trouble if either half of the trial fails to reach statistical significance. If all is well, it's wait for the other P3 CIC in Q3. Then the price will likely surge upwards in anticipation of a buyout. I'll sell during that period of time.

Trevena is not without risk. Their trials are in lucrative spaces but also in therapeutic landscapes known to have troubling outcomes (AHF) and adverse events - acute pain. That said, I'm all in and adding. If the 2nd TRV030 trial reads out well, I'm anticipating a surge in the stock price. Note the trading pattern around Trevena. It's not attracting a lot of retail interest. The Yahoo message board is a vacant space. Rather, it's speculators who buy anticipating a pop that doesn't occur and then leaving disappointed. To bad! That trend will continue for a month or two longer, then....

NovaBay is interesting enough for me to buy now. Shares from their equity raise registered and the Maxim Group then shorted the hell out of them leading to a 30% drop in the share price. Sales of Avenova, their lead commercial product are going to be reported as record setting for Q1. That should move the price to above a dollar from its current position in no time unless something unforeseen and of a negative nature occurs. I can't picture it though.

I made a good percentage on CYTR - up 74.75% since my November article on my website. SA insisted on changes I was unwilling to make. And MediciNova continues to intrigue me because of its low market-cap and glittering disease targets - MS, ALS and NASH. Sadly, it's the worst run, most poorly financed company in biotech. If they'd get it together and do a $40M equity raise and staff the company to aggressively fund their clinical trials, they's be a half billion dollar market cap easy.

Hope this long winded monologue helps.

Michael
    Apr 25, 2015. 06:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    All I can say to that is: I hope so! Please drive down the price just a little more.
    Apr 24, 2015. 10:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I can assure you they're not going to sell for $0.63.
    Apr 24, 2015. 04:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synergy Pharmaceuticals: Don't Be An April Fool [View article]
    Joel2040, I wouldn't be surprised at all if your article received Must Read (formerly Pro) status.
    Apr 24, 2015. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synergy Pharmaceuticals: Don't Be An April Fool [View article]
    marydugan, I'm hoping Joel2040 and company are right as I've kept better than half of my dwindling position intact.

You've quickly become a favorite of mine because your comments are balanced and accurate.

Good luck with your trades and congrats on your Momenta profits. And keep looking ahead.

Michael
    Apr 24, 2015. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synergy Pharmaceuticals: Don't Be An April Fool [View article]
    I can't wait for your article. You seen to have a logical approach that should resonate well with your readers.
    Apr 23, 2015. 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    eyedoc, extremely interesting and confirmation of the ideas expressed in my article. I'm going to let the dust settle for a bit before initiating a position, but you've confirmed the approach I thought they'd be taking.

Thank you. And sorry for the earlier typo. Thankfully, Matt made the same keypad error.
    Apr 23, 2015. 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mylan Chooses Its Own Adventure [View article]
    Chris, did you compile the transaction table yourself? If so, were there any useful online tools to expedite the process. And finally, could I republish that table noting you as the source in a SA article where it could be of use?

I dig your style man!