Scrying Biotech

View Scrying Biotech's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Nektar Therapeutics Has More To Give [View article]
    Trading was lethargic due to the company failing to issue a timely press release that included information on benefit to Nektar.
    Aug 21 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nektar Therapeutics Harnesses The Power Of AstraZeneca To Move Movantik [View article]
    Funny, I wasn't even aware of that news. It's not in my feed. Therefore we have two issues. 1. Lack of awareness. 2. It's already baked into the rise.

Probably a little of both. I bought more shares this morning.

Thanks for the news though.

Michael
    Aug 21 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Is Going To Finally Stop Herbalife? [View article]
    "Pointing to evidence that Herbalife's products are consumed does not defeat the obvious statistical evidence that the vast majority of people who pursue the Herbalife business opportunity fail".

I think I read somewhere that 95% of restaurant startups fail. That's business, isn't it?
    Aug 20 07:35 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Regado Biosciences' Revolixys Kit: Assessing The Risks Of Allergic Reactions [View article]
    Curve Tech Investing ~

I love this article. I read it for the 1st time this morning and found the logical approach to a progression of severity in allergic reactions informative.

Great work!

Michael
    Aug 18 04:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Afrezza Is The New Apple Computer [View instapost]
    There's no revenue generation from an instablog post. Think cautionsvestor. Think!
    Aug 16 05:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The FDA Gives Itself Room To Move On Amarin's Appeal [View article]
    John, I'm having trouble understanding this perhaps because I'm at the end of my day. So, the conclusion then is that a higher presence of pure EPA is helpful in avoiding coronary plaque and therefore, heart disease, yes?
    Aug 12 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The FDA Gives Itself Room To Move On Amarin's Appeal [View article]
    BoundBrook67 - you've found me out. Not something I've ever tried to hide, or necessarily well hidden, but kudos to you! As for being hopeful, I am. Not because I believe the FDA will admit their wrong but because the larger picture dictates they make things right.
    Aug 11 11:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The FDA Gives Itself Room To Move On Amarin's Appeal [View article]
    Thank you Omni!
    Aug 11 11:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The FDA Gives Itself Room To Move On Amarin's Appeal [View article]
    SlimmHere and SharkDude - First, thank you SD for responding to the question and SH for asking it. I would tend to give Jenkins a little more credit here than SD. Having said that, I do understand the pessimism implied.

Thanks to you both.
    Aug 11 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The FDA Gives Itself Room To Move On Amarin's Appeal [View article]
    John Cappello - well done. And thank you for the contribution.
    Aug 11 11:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    rxd2 ~ thanks for commenting on the article.

I agree with your assessment on growth through Movantik approval. I'll hold my shares till at least a few days prior and possibly through the September 16th PDUFA date. BAX-855 numbers should be outstanding.

I don't think holding between 9/16 and late November is necessarily due to investors having short attention spans. The market is momentum driven. There's a definite lull during that time span. Since I believe in Nektar's products and fortunes, I could hold through NKTR-102 results without hesitancy or worry. But, it might be smarter to take profits and wait for the logical pull-back.

Then again, Nektar could surprise with a marketing agreement, earlier than expected NKTR-102 numbers or any other of a myriad of announcements that might make me regret having done so. Who knows?

I'm really impressed with the caution Nektar management has acted upon with respect to NKTR-181. I love everything they're doing to insure a positive outcome because, let's fact it, it's the second most lucrative asset they now possess and one that could bring in billions of proprietary revenue.

I guess I'm revealing myself here as less inclined to be motivated by patient well being and more aligned with investor profit. I do, however, believe that the two are not necessarily at odds with each other where investors are concerned even if they are at loggerheads where pharmaceutical companies are concerned.

Thanks again for your being here and I'm especially gratified by your professional appreciation of my work.

Michael
    Aug 8 11:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Regado Biosciences Is A Buy After Recent Setback [View article]
    Philip ~ I also think there are appearances here to keep up. How ethical would it be to take advantage of a situation in which almost all of your shareholders before the halt lost substantial amounts of money?
    Aug 8 02:42 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nektar President Howard Robin Is Listening To You [View article]
    Then dilute! I've advocated for awhile now that just after positive (BEACON) results the cimpnay should do a massive equity raise for all the reasons you mentioned. Investors in biotech companies aren't always interested in the fundamentals of a business proposition - not that they shouldn't be, but rather in the promise of the company's future.

Nektar has a chance to be great. I say, seize it!

Thanks for the insight. You're one of the best in the SA community. Your critique is always welcome.
    Aug 5 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nektar President Howard Robin Is Listening To You [View article]
    rxd2 - you nailed it. Your comment would make a punchy article. Thank you!
    Aug 5 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can The Regulators Afford Missing Herbalife? [View article]
    Here's the problem for those seeking a quick regulatory solution here. The motives of people tied to legal censure are as monetarily driven as are those of the company in question.

In other words, HLF's best legal defense is that this is a witch hunt where the goal isn't to purge the world of evil but rather, to line the pockets of the righteous inquisitors.

Clean hands people. Clean hands. You can't make a just claim without clean hands.
    Aug 4 07:58 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment