Sean Sullivan

View Sean Sullivan's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Groupon Now Worth Buying? [View article]
    I think you are probably right. We will just have to see how it turns out.
    Oct 4 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't You Dare Buy General Motors Stock [View article]
    Thanks for taking the time to thoroughly look over what I had written. The numbers I used are drawn straight from the Chevy website and are the numbers they used. Those seemed like the most logical to use as a base comparison.
    Sep 24 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't You Dare Buy General Motors Stock [View article]
    tcbracing, even using your numbers for cost per mile it would require you to drive 230,000 miles in order to break even with a car like the Volt compared to a Cruze. Before someone would reach that point they would need a new battery, so my comment is still valid that you would most likely never break even with a Volt.
    Sep 20 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't You Dare Buy General Motors Stock [View article]
    Jolt1, I completely agree with your statement, as I stated above "A recent article in Reuters pointed out that GM has lost $49,000 for every Chevy Volt sold thus far. While the statistic might be accurate, GM contends that it is an unfair evaluation as the price of production will be spread out over the life of the car. This is a true statement, but glosses over the fact that the Volt has been an immense failure."
    Sep 19 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walt Disney: Still A Good Investment [View article]
    ted davis, in terms of length, yes the sections are about the same. In terms of significance they are not as the factors contributing to growth are far stronger than the negative factors.
    Sep 19 12:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walt Disney: Still A Good Investment [View article]
    Hey scott trader, great point about Disney's rental content. Disney is one of those companies, like Apple, that people have a good impression of for years.
    Sep 19 07:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Rotten Apple [View article]
    Hey solucky, thanks for your response. All four of those are good points.
    Sep 12 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Rotten Apple [View article]
    Hey MrFinetime, thanks for your thorough response. I appreciate your contrasting opinion. I won't address everything but let me just say a couple things. My point about earnings was just that they had already disappointed the market once and could potentially do it again. As far as Apple's cool factor, let's keep in mind that they are only loyal fans because Apple products have historically been so much better. With companies like Samsung catching up in quality and uniqueness that monopoly on "cool" is likely to change.
    Sep 12 01:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment