Sebastien Buttet

View Sebastien Buttet's Comments BY TICKER:
  • An Alternative For Measuring Market's Negative Sentiment: What We Found Is Scary [View article]
    sounds good, including lyrics.
    Sep 9, 2011. 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are one of a kind Rookie IRA! Poet and investor. A rare breed.

I read a few of your Instablogs and liked them. Have you thought of submitting your future posts as premium content? That way, more people could read them.

For educational purposes, what strikes did you use for the AAPL call bear spread?
    Sep 9, 2011. 10:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    A very nervous tic in the present case. I went short the Oct 11 SPY puts at the $92 strike.
    Sep 9, 2011. 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Joe - thank you for sharing your market thoughts.

We might get a Greek default anytime now. Take a look:
    www.businessinsider.co...
    Sep 9, 2011. 01:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hello I3 - I used the same IV for both strikes (36.4%). I used the $120 strike to calculate the IV.
    Sep 9, 2011. 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Rookie IRA - thank you for your comment.

I like your trade. I think you could even go naked on the $275 put if you have enough capital.

I wrote about put selling strategies in a previous post. Take a look:
    seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Sep 9, 2011. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting and I hope you are right! I am more negative than you at this juncture because I believe Europe's problems are serious. If they go, we go at least for a while.

If you are looking for the start of a move upward, coordinated action by central banks (Fed, ECB, BoJ, BoE) could kick-start a market 180.
    Sep 9, 2011. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Options Strategies To Overcome High Volatility [View article]
    Hello Rams 2100 - thank you for your comment. The put premium includes all future dividends up to expiration. That is why selling puts is akin collecting a dividend stream upfront.
    Sep 7, 2011. 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Talk Of A Bubble In Gold [View article]
    For a hedged play, buy gold in euro: long GLD, short FXE in the right proportions.
    Sep 6, 2011. 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Safe Havens In A Storm [View article]
    Hello Cam - for a hedged play consider a double short on TLT and TBT in the right proportions.

Take a look:
    seekingalpha.com/artic...
    Sep 6, 2011. 04:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Options Strategies To Overcome High Volatility [View article]
    Hello TCK - thank you for you comment.

The answer to your question depends on your investing style I suppose. I offered the LEAP strategy to readers because I suspect that many would be happy with a 6% return these days, even it means that capital is committed for 15 months (by the way - if you have enough capital to sell put naked with a 30% margin, then returns are even higher if you are willing to leverage up).
    Sep 5, 2011. 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Buy Hewlett Packard? A Resounding YES [View article]
    And if you pay attention to technicals, the stock traded 128 millions shares today 4 times the normal volume. Looks like capitulation day to me.
    Aug 19, 2011. 10:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Buy Hewlett Packard? A Resounding YES [View article]
    Hello yj - your strategy of waiting for a CEO replacement is sound. There is a negative Apotheker premium priced into HP; replacing the current CEO could be a solid catalyst for HP.
    Aug 19, 2011. 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Buy Hewlett Packard? A Resounding YES [View article]
    Very good fundamental analysis. On the technical side, volume today was 4 times the average daily volume with 128 million shares exchanged. Looks like capitulation to me.
    Aug 19, 2011. 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Buy Hewlett Packard? A Resounding YES [View article]
    Indeed. In addition, 128.5 million shares were exchanged today, more than 4 times the normal volume. I would call that capitulation.
    Aug 19, 2011. 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment