Seeking Delta

View Seeking Delta's Comments BY TICKER:
  • January 2011: The Best and Worst of the S&P 500 [View article]
    Yahoo has PSA at ~109 which is the issue. My macro showed 25.20 for Jan 31 like above but 101.42 for Jan open.

It is definitely not down 75% YTD. I missed that one.
    Feb 5, 2011. 09:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 5 Cheapest Global Equity Markets [View article]
    From the 1st paragraph:

"It should come as no huge surprise that the five cheapest global markets - as ranked by P/E, P/S and P/B - are all located in developed Europe. In fact, they are the PIIGS with Hungary swapped for Ireland. How about PHIGS (figs)?"
    Jan 31, 2011. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Corporate Tax Cuts Needed? [View article]
    Even if the 35% rate is flat across all companies, deductions and credits render this fact useless. You really have to look at the effective rate.
    Jan 31, 2011. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Corporate Tax Cuts Needed? [View article]
    You should really read the recent post by Prof. Damodaran of NYU. From the article, "Here is where I think our excessively complicated tax code has an effect. There is much higher variance across the tax rates paid by companies in the US, as companies in some sectors are given tax deductions and credits and others are not. I will wager that US companies spend more on tax lawyers and consultants than companies elsewhere."
    aswathdamodaran.blogsp...
    Jan 31, 2011. 12:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Corporate Tax Cuts Needed? [View article]
    The highest corporate tax rate is 35%. It is not a flat rate and the effective rate varies from company to company.

www.npr.org/2011/01/29...
    Jan 30, 2011. 10:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • World Market Valuation Heat Map and What It Means for Investors [View article]
    Thanks.
    Jan 28, 2011. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Outlook: 10 Reasons to Expect a Correction [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback. I was trying to keep it similar to the Investor Sentiment charts I do. When investor sentiment is most bullish I tend to be most bearish. Same with options, when call options are highest (like now) I tend to be bearish. These are contrary indicators and I am displaying as such.

Again, thanks for the feedback and I may change the labeling to make this more clear.
    Jan 21, 2011. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Outlook: 10 Reasons to Expect a Correction [View article]
    Higher ratio means more puts which is more bearish as I have labeled. From a contrarian perspective however, this would be more bullish. I have labeled as implied by option action not as the contrary indicator that I believe it too be.

It's a little confusing and I had to double check it a few times when I was making the chart to make sure I had it correct.

Thanks for the comment.
    Jan 21, 2011. 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Revisiting the Best and Worst of the S&P 500 in 2010 [View article]
    I have seen that study also....or a similar one in MarketWatch. I don't think a contrarian and momentum strategy necessarily have to be mutually exclusive. They both have merit and can work over the medium/short term. In the long-term though my money is on financially solid but beaten down names.
    Jan 19, 2011. 01:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Contrarian ETF Portfolio Strategy for 2011 [View article]
    Nice article. I should have an article analyzing the benefits of re-balancing an EFT portfolio finished today. I will plan on linking to your piece.
    Jan 18, 2011. 05:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Revisiting the Best and Worst of the S&P 500 in 2010 [View article]
    SVU hard to pass up yielding 4.7% and CFO of $6.54 per share.

I also liked DF but didn't make a move an now it's up 14.8% YTD.
    Jan 18, 2011. 04:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Active Management With Passive Investment Products [View article]
    Any thoughts on using the Modigliani-Modigliani or M^2 method to measure risk. It is similar to the Sharpe calculation but has the advantage of displaying the result as a "risk-adjusted" return instead of the unit-less result of the Sharpe calculation.

I am a fan of the measurement just wondering if any one uses with clients and if it leads to better understanding on their part.
    Jan 17, 2011. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Corporate Profit Margins Ripe for Mean Reversion [View article]
    You are correct but unfortunately I cannot update. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Jan 16, 2011. 02:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Robert Shiller's S&P 500 Forecast for 2020: Is He Overly Optimistic? [View article]
    Why do people think these long-term forecasts make no sense? Earnings and more so the P/E multiple tend to be mean reverting.....as such a 10 year forecast should be easier to make and more accurate than a 1-2 yr forecast.
    Jan 5, 2011. 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NeuroMetrix Embarks on New Strategic Direction [View article]
    Stock trading below NNWC. Current Price is $.59. NCAV = $.98/share NNWC = $.82 and Net Cash = $.65. Average Operating Cash burn rate over last 4 quarters is $.14/share but is being offset by new investments. Need to drive into the new strategy further to see if can reverse the negative operating cash flow trend.
    Jan 4, 2011. 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment