Sesame Stock Picker

View Sesame Stock Picker's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Bull Case For IBM: A Revision Of The DCF, A Look At ROIC [View article]
    I see no discussion of the value of IBM's intellectual property. My understanding is that IBM has obtained more patents than any other US company over the past 15 years! Many of these patents are significantly in high tech application areas. How much do you think these are worth? Are they included in IBM's current valuation? Are they over or undervalued if they are included? What about trade secrets that have NOT been patented?

PS. I am long in the 'Ittsy Bittsy Machine Company' (NYSE:IBM)

Also wonder about AI and NANO tech automations and how far advanced IBM is in these areas/
    Aug 18 10:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gilead Is The Most Exciting Growth Opportunity In 2014 [View article]
    S&P, were they the ones who down graded the United States last year? Brilliant move on their part (NOT). Sarcasm - for those who don't look too deep.
    Aug 18 07:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Different Case For Valuing Kandi [View article]
    Not even close to a momentum picture of KNDI. Current vehicle production is scheduled to increase greatly. Rental method of use will provide much more income than indicated plus China is providing a cash bounty incentive to manufactures. Also China is allowing a sales tax free condition as well. Note that I am long on KNDI and other car manufacturing related industries in China.
    Aug 14 07:17 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Technologies' 10-Q Reveals Phantom Sales Growth And Other Serious Concerns [View article]
    Same thing happened with CXDC a couple of weeks ago. That stock has yet to recover from the disruptive claims. I expect that CXDC will double sometime next year. I am willing to wait. I am disappointed with the stimulated short articles that have been published as it disrupts an orderly market and allows manipulators to profit.
    Jul 23 06:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics: When The Numbers Don't Add Up, There's Over 80% Downside [View article]
    bleecker-street-research discloses that they are short in CXDC. Richard X Roe do you have any thing you would like to disclose? For the record I am currently long in CXDC. Thanks.
    Jul 11 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks I did buy it cheaply again. Have already made a slight profit and hopefully will make a lot more when this stock goes back up passed $15 per share. Last year I bought in at $6 and sold at just over $11. Now I am buying in at just under $6.
    Jul 11 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Roe, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Automotive material usage is a trade off of cost, properties and esthetics. I do not believe that plastics/polymers will every replace 100% of metals so by your definition they can never be 'established' as to having BASIC Research and Development being real and existing.
    I am interested in your information about China XD use of German designed type extruders? I would like to know more about it and would appreciate it if you would provide more details. You do seem to have researched all of this quite a bit while I only know some things about US composite and polymers from working in the DOD industry for a lot of years.
    Jul 11 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Looks like they have at least a half dozen bulk polymers for sale at that web site.
    Jul 11 03:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting reply to my statement that the basics science of R&D Polymer (and Composites) in the Automotive Industry are established. A plastic/composite China based company would still need substantial capital investment in production capabilities plus laboratory facilities to monitor that production. You need smart people to monitor the production and to apply the knowledge. That is why you don't have a gross margin anywhere near zero. The above article was commenting about why R&D was so comparatively low so I provide a reasonable explanation for that situation. Not sure where you got the bit about off-the-shelf German equipment as I was talking about American Technology. I have heard about China representatives buying whole factories in the US then documented how they work followed by packing up the entire factory's hardware and shipping it back to China.
    Jul 10 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    CXDC operates under the wholly-owned subsidiary Harbin Xinda Macromolecule Material in China. Quite a bit of information is available at the following site: http://bit.ly/TV3rZA
    Jul 10 11:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Per CXDC web site the CFO CONTACT info is:

China XD Plastics Company Ltd.

Mr. Taylor Zhang,

T +1- 212-747-1118 (New York)

Maybe some of you would like to give him a call.
    Jul 10 10:49 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is some risk of fraud; this article is based on older data and author did not follow up on the call to the CFO. I find it odd the author only asked him one question about the interest on the loan and then asked no further questions when the CFO was contacted on the phone. I will consider this a buying opportunity. I admit there is risk of fraudulent accounts, the signing of large contracts on Christmas day every year could explain a lot of the financial irregularities.
    Jul 10 10:14 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not much need for Research and Development in the Automotive Plastic Industry. One well trained Polymer Engineer/Chemist with a couple of good text books and a bit of experience in the Automotive Industry from the United States provides everything needed. R&D is already paid for by US ingenuity over the last 60 years.
    Jul 10 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Tesla Fear Mongering Must Stop [View article]

Driver was injured.... in critical condition per following story.

Jul 9 08:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Portfolio Has 50% Upside And Will Outperform The Markets Again In 2014-2015 [View article]
    Hi, Just wanted to say that China stocks I have owned for awhile include KNDI, SEED, BIDU, YY, SINA and CXDC which have all done well for me the past two years. From your list I also own GOOGL, AAPL. Based on your portfolio I researched a bit and decided to purchase some EJ and QIHU. Thanks for the article. (PS. also bought a couple of hundred shares of GILD while researching this article)
    Jul 7 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment