Sesame Stock Picker

View Sesame Stock Picker's Comments BY TICKER:
  • No Excuses: Falling Gasoline Prices Are Impacting Tesla's Sales [View article]
    CMI is transforming the trucking industry. Fuel is a major concern for a trucking company (labor and depreciation are others). Switching to LNG is a major cost driver for reducing trucking industry expenses.
    Dec 27, 2014. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    KNDI, BYD and a several others represent competition...
    Dec 27, 2014. 12:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Airline Stocks: Fuel Hedging As The Invisible Partner [View article]
    ? Why no upside? P/E is going much lower with increased earning. I expect AAL will go to at least $85 per share next year. (now at about $50)
    Dec 14, 2014. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You're Looking At The Wrong Numbers [View article]
    Three comments:
    1. The Intellectual Property owned by IBM is incredible! They have more patents then most countries do. These patents give IBM tremendous value and is the primary reason that I own IBM. It is amazing to me that most financial analysis does not take this into account when valuing IBM.
    2. The human value of IBM researchers is also of tremendous value.
    3. I do not favor buy backs if a company puts themselves and stockholders in risk of bankruptcy. To some extent borrowing money does put IBM at risk and I consider that to be a down side of the financial engineering that IBM management is engaged it. However, considering the uptrend in the current economy I consider this risk very, very small at this time. Continued review is recommended of this risk if you are long in IBM stock ...

Disclosure: Long IBM
    Nov 22, 2014. 10:28 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The good news keeps coming for Gilead [View news story]
    Consider it a great buy opportunity!
    Sep 26, 2014. 11:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences (GILD) Presents at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference (Transcript) [View article]
    Looks like a good stock to own. (disclosure, I own some)
    Sep 9, 2014. 05:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bull Case For IBM: A Revision Of The DCF, A Look At ROIC [View article]
    I see no discussion of the value of IBM's intellectual property. My understanding is that IBM has obtained more patents than any other US company over the past 15 years! Many of these patents are significantly in high tech application areas. How much do you think these are worth? Are they included in IBM's current valuation? Are they over or undervalued if they are included? What about trade secrets that have NOT been patented?

PS. I am long in the 'Ittsy Bittsy Machine Company' (NYSE:IBM)

Also wonder about AI and NANO tech automations and how far advanced IBM is in these areas/
    Aug 18, 2014. 10:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gilead Is The Most Exciting Growth Opportunity In 2014 [View article]
    S&P, were they the ones who down graded the United States last year? Brilliant move on their part (NOT). Sarcasm - for those who don't look too deep.
    Aug 18, 2014. 07:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Different Case For Valuing Kandi [View article]
    Not even close to a momentum picture of KNDI. Current vehicle production is scheduled to increase greatly. Rental method of use will provide much more income than indicated plus China is providing a cash bounty incentive to manufactures. Also China is allowing a sales tax free condition as well. Note that I am long on KNDI and other car manufacturing related industries in China.
    Aug 14, 2014. 07:17 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Technologies' 10-Q Reveals Phantom Sales Growth And Other Serious Concerns [View article]
    Same thing happened with CXDC a couple of weeks ago. That stock has yet to recover from the disruptive claims. I expect that CXDC will double sometime next year. I am willing to wait. I am disappointed with the stimulated short articles that have been published as it disrupts an orderly market and allows manipulators to profit.
    Jul 23, 2014. 06:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics: When The Numbers Don't Add Up, There's Over 80% Downside [View article]
    bleecker-street-research discloses that they are short in CXDC. Richard X Roe do you have any thing you would like to disclose? For the record I am currently long in CXDC. Thanks.
    Jul 11, 2014. 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks I did buy it cheaply again. Have already made a slight profit and hopefully will make a lot more when this stock goes back up passed $15 per share. Last year I bought in at $6 and sold at just over $11. Now I am buying in at just under $6.
    Jul 11, 2014. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Roe, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Automotive material usage is a trade off of cost, properties and esthetics. I do not believe that plastics/polymers will every replace 100% of metals so by your definition they can never be 'established' as to having BASIC Research and Development being real and existing.
    I am interested in your information about China XD use of German designed type extruders? I would like to know more about it and would appreciate it if you would provide more details. You do seem to have researched all of this quite a bit while I only know some things about US composite and polymers from working in the DOD industry for a lot of years.
    Jul 11, 2014. 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Looks like they have at least a half dozen bulk polymers for sale at that web site.
    Jul 11, 2014. 03:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting reply to my statement that the basics science of R&D Polymer (and Composites) in the Automotive Industry are established. A plastic/composite China based company would still need substantial capital investment in production capabilities plus laboratory facilities to monitor that production. You need smart people to monitor the production and to apply the knowledge. That is why you don't have a gross margin anywhere near zero. The above article was commenting about why R&D was so comparatively low so I provide a reasonable explanation for that situation. Not sure where you got the bit about off-the-shelf German equipment as I was talking about American Technology. I have heard about China representatives buying whole factories in the US then documented how they work followed by packing up the entire factory's hardware and shipping it back to China.
    Jul 10, 2014. 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment