Sesame Stock Picker

View Sesame Stock Picker's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What To Make Of American Airlines' Record Quarter [View article]
    The oil price has not dropped further. However, it remains very low compared to past prices so cost savings continue! That is why they are making more money along with other good management procedures.
    Apr 25, 2015. 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Seagate Likely To Underperform [View article]
    I made the same analysis as you back in 2012 to my great profit. But my current analysis shows much cash flow occurring that is of benefit to both STX and WDC. Consumer desires for cloud memory are becoming exponential and both these companies will benefit in my opinion. Also the 'hyper' competition that you state exists is more like a convolution of maintaining a profitable price structure. Have you considered these factors in your analysis?
    Apr 21, 2015. 12:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seagate: Contrarian Pick With Solid Fundamentals [View article]
    Sandisk (SNDK) one of the major sellers of SSD has greatly decreased in share price and has lowered revenue estimates for the year. Dan, do you think that STX and WDC are grabbing a large amount of their market share?
    Apr 17, 2015. 12:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seagate: Contrarian Pick With Solid Fundamentals [View article]
    Dan, thank you for your analysis. I agree that STX is a great buy right now. All the other analysts seem to think storage purchases will decrease because PC sales are lower, actually just the opposite is occurring as everyone is storing more pictures and more data! Data centers are buying data storage in large bulk quantities. SSD is too expensive for data centers to use except for the 2-3% upfront direct links. That 97% of the data storage market is for STX and WDC to grab! I can do the math on where the profits are going be for the next 5 years! Those profits are going to the Hard Drive manufactures regardless of PC sales.
    Apr 17, 2015. 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Airlines: More Upside After Solid Investor Update [View article]
    The question I have is why all the big brokerage houses downgrade airlines stocks last month based on a 1% lower revenue. Expense drops more than make up for a small drop in revenue so to me this is a buying opportunity. Is this an attempt by them to manipulate?
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • No Excuses: Falling Gasoline Prices Are Impacting Tesla's Sales [View article]
    CMI is transforming the trucking industry. Fuel is a major concern for a trucking company (labor and depreciation are others). Switching to LNG is a major cost driver for reducing trucking industry expenses.
    Dec 27, 2014. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    KNDI, BYD and a several others represent competition...
    Dec 27, 2014. 12:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Airline Stocks: Fuel Hedging As The Invisible Partner [View article]
    ? Why no upside? P/E is going much lower with increased earning. I expect AAL will go to at least $85 per share next year. (now at about $50)
    Dec 14, 2014. 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • You're Looking At The Wrong Numbers [View article]
    Three comments:
    1. The Intellectual Property owned by IBM is incredible! They have more patents then most countries do. These patents give IBM tremendous value and is the primary reason that I own IBM. It is amazing to me that most financial analysis does not take this into account when valuing IBM.
    2. The human value of IBM researchers is also of tremendous value.
    3. I do not favor buy backs if a company puts themselves and stockholders in risk of bankruptcy. To some extent borrowing money does put IBM at risk and I consider that to be a down side of the financial engineering that IBM management is engaged it. However, considering the uptrend in the current economy I consider this risk very, very small at this time. Continued review is recommended of this risk if you are long in IBM stock ...

Disclosure: Long IBM
    Nov 22, 2014. 10:28 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The good news keeps coming for Gilead [View news story]
    Consider it a great buy opportunity!
    Sep 26, 2014. 11:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences (GILD) Presents at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference (Transcript) [View article]
    Looks like a good stock to own. (disclosure, I own some)
    Sep 9, 2014. 05:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bull Case For IBM: A Revision Of The DCF, A Look At ROIC [View article]
    I see no discussion of the value of IBM's intellectual property. My understanding is that IBM has obtained more patents than any other US company over the past 15 years! Many of these patents are significantly in high tech application areas. How much do you think these are worth? Are they included in IBM's current valuation? Are they over or undervalued if they are included? What about trade secrets that have NOT been patented?

PS. I am long in the 'Ittsy Bittsy Machine Company' (NYSE:IBM)

Also wonder about AI and NANO tech automations and how far advanced IBM is in these areas/
    Aug 18, 2014. 10:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gilead Is The Most Exciting Growth Opportunity In 2014 [View article]
    S&P, were they the ones who down graded the United States last year? Brilliant move on their part (NOT). Sarcasm - for those who don't look too deep.
    Aug 18, 2014. 07:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Different Case For Valuing Kandi [View article]
    Not even close to a momentum picture of KNDI. Current vehicle production is scheduled to increase greatly. Rental method of use will provide much more income than indicated plus China is providing a cash bounty incentive to manufactures. Also China is allowing a sales tax free condition as well. Note that I am long on KNDI and other car manufacturing related industries in China.
    Aug 14, 2014. 07:17 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kandi Technologies' 10-Q Reveals Phantom Sales Growth And Other Serious Concerns [View article]
    Same thing happened with CXDC a couple of weeks ago. That stock has yet to recover from the disruptive claims. I expect that CXDC will double sometime next year. I am willing to wait. I am disappointed with the stimulated short articles that have been published as it disrupts an orderly market and allows manipulators to profit.
    Jul 23, 2014. 06:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment