Sesame Stock Picker

View Sesame Stock Picker's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dazed And Confused By Growlife - Shares Are Worth A Small Fraction Of Their Current Price [View article]
    Bought in at .11 and added another couple thousand shares at .51; while PHOT is overvalued based on existing revenue the potential is in the billions of dollars long term. I am willing to risk a bit and can wait a few years to see it pay off. I am well diversified in other stocks and can take a risk for a great return in 3 to 5 years.
    Mar 25 02:34 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems' Guidance Exceeds Estimates: Further Upside Ahead [View article]
    Advill, I feel for your future pain. DDD is a proven leader, its management knows exactly what it is doing. 3D printers are a proven item with a proven record of product usage. I have been studying this market for 30 years. I did a report on this for my Manufacturing company 20 years ago. We bought several 3D printer device 15 years ago. They were used 24/7 by our engineers. DDD is making a profit and that profit along with sales has been consistently rising. People shorting at this time are going to get nothing. Sorry to burst your SHORT Bubble. Sesame
    Mar 2 06:12 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: 4-D Printing A Threat To Long-Term Margins? [View article]
    This 4D hype of this article is similar to the hype on Liquidmetal... I am a material scientist (retired) and have worked in designing with materials for over 35 years, changeable materials do exist, however I estimate they represent less than .001% of the material design market for materials. DDD currently makes a profit SSYS does not. I trust DDD management, I do not trust SSYS management. I will buy more DDD if the price drops, I will hold on to what I have. It is clear to me that there is an effort being made to discredit DDD at this time. I remember when similar efforts were made to discredit STX (Seagate) and I made a significant profit from that stock over the past two years. The successful research efforts to do metal 3-D printing is much more meaningful than so called 4-D print materials. The use of a much lower cost titanium powder (recently developed in England) in such efforts may be significant. DDD is much more capable in the area of metal 3D printing than SSYS.
    Feb 27 10:41 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Liquidmetal: LM 105 Breakthrough Bigger Than We May Now Think [View article]
    Beryllium Metal Alloys have four advantages over other metal alloys 1. they are electrically conductive, 2. they are relatively strong, 3. they are corrosion resistant, 4. they are ductile (5% -12% elongations depending on alloy and strength).

The web site giving minimal data about alloy LM-105 says it is strong and corrosion resistant. It also does not give the composition at all so it may contain very hazardous materials as well.
    Feb 25 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China XD Plastics: A Valuation For This Neglected 'True' Growth Stock [View article]
    I thank you for your evaluation. Since plastic manufacture is an industrial material that requires significant equipment usage I wonder how advanced that equipment is with this company. Costs can be very high with old equipment and that can reduce profits. Any idea on the status of the equipment for CXDC?
    Sesame
    Jan 14 11:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Contrary To What Analysts Say, IBM Is A Strong Buy [View article]
    IBM's intellectual property (IP) is worth many times more than the stock market's valuation of IBM. They continue to generate more patents than any other US company. The only thing holding me back is that the company has a negative real value (liabilities exceed assets). Even so I own ~$30,000 of IBM stock, (ie. about 5% of my portfolio).

Sesame
    Jan 14 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Now Hear This: It's Nuance's Time To Climb [View article]
    Nuan, End of year tax loss situation. Will wait before repurchase of stock. Sold 50% of mine last month. Used cash to buy ASTC. Did very well and will Hold ASTC until 2015+ or forever....
    Dec 23 12:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's A Stock Picker's Year [View article]
    I did not say I always was right. Great is being used as a relative term in that I did well when others did poorly because I was buying when they were selling. I have done better than the average when fear was running in the market. I have done well with stock picking but my timing leaves much to be desired. When not operating in a fear driven market I tend to buy too soon and sell too soon. But if the market drops 20 or 30 percent and I buy a general portfolio of my stock picks I have done 'great' during the next year.
    Nov 22 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's A Stock Picker's Year [View article]
    I have always done great buying when others are fearful. But then Warren Buffet is often coming in after I buy something after getting a much better deal from the management then I do because he has the leverage of much more assets than I do. This happened when i bought GE stock ahead of him and then he loaned GE management a large amount of money that they did not really need in returned for stock options plus interest payments that diluted the value of my shares.
    Nov 16 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Is Not The Best Pick In 3D Printing, Organovo Is [View article]
    Don't wait on ONVO, price will continue to go up as people realize the potential.
    Nov 15 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Is Not The Best Pick In 3D Printing, Organovo Is [View article]
    I am a metallurgical Engineer. I help research 3D printers about 15 years ago for my company and we did a large evaluation of the potential. We bought several from different companies and we used them for prototype weapon development. The potential is there. The materials used have improved substantially. The time to buy/invest is today. This are will be a growth industry for the foreseeable future, I have been waiting for 15 years for this point to arrive....
    Sesame
    Nov 15 09:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Is Not The Best Pick In 3D Printing, Organovo Is [View article]
    This is not an either or situation.... I bought both (DDD and ONVO); Wish I had bought more ONVO but my order that day got exceed in price and did not execute. Oh well live and learn, need to monitor the market better. The IBM rumor was never a large possibility. THE HP rumor is more of almost a sure thing. Intellectual property in this area is going to be very important (remember this technology has been around a LONG LONG time and some of the IP is expiring, this makes secondary patents and other follow on intellectual properties very important, DDD has a lot of these and ONVO is starting to develop many as well) Good luck to us longs in the 3D printing technologies....
    Nov 15 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why 3D Systems Is Not A Good Buy Right Now [View article]
    The IBM rumor was never a high likely hood. Now the HP rumor is taking over. 3D printing is a hot momentum move right now with an unbelievable potential for sales and new applications. In my opinion it would be foolish to sell at this point when the actual profits are just starting to roll in.
    Sesame...
    Nov 15 09:09 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today's Market: How To Continue Playing 3D Printing [View article]
    KonaW I think you may be correct about AMAVF, I bought some last week along with some ONVO and VJET. I also increased my DDD and XONE slightly. I do not own SSYS because I have been following them for 20 years and I do not trust the management or the managements style based on my past observations. (however, based on mergers I may decide to start investing with ssys again).

Sesame
    Nov 15 08:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has fired the head of its Chinese R&D unit, Jingwu Zhang, following an investigation into allegations of data fabrication in a 2010 scientific paper on multiple sclerosis (MS) that was published in Nature Medicine. Another scientist has resigned, while GSK has put another three on "administrative leave" pending a final review. SA author Derek Lowe has lots of questions, including "how many more things have been faked as well?" (PR[View news story]
    Remember Avandia?