Seth Golden

View Seth Golden's Comments BY TICKER:
  • SodaStream Q1 2015 Recap [View article]
    Allow me to educate you on the matter if you would. WMT does turn down free in-store demos as it does not fit their retail format. They very, very rarely participate in demos. WMT will allow demos, but the environment is not suitable for such marketing. Keurig tried some a few times over the years with no return on the investment. SodaStream did some in 2014, with a loss on the investment.

It's been said this was a choice, the lost doors. That is what has been offered by management, but with a more knowledgeable understanding of slotting fees...I won't comment further on that.

I'm not suggesting a reduction by 1,700 WMT doors is anything, just lending some expert knowledge on the subject matter. If you think it is a bad thing then so be it. I'm simply stating the facts: And it isn't just the 1,700 WMT doors that you continue to focus on for some reason as you are overlooking the 300+ COST, Ralph's Giant Foods, KMART, John Lewis, Macy's etc. SodaStream is in Mom's Organic, with just horrible sales in this upscale small chain on the east coast. They have also been in doctor offices in the past. I'm not sure where one can find a more dedicated office than at your physician who believes in the product so much that he is willing to retail it to his/her patients...but then again that did not work either. So, if you think WFM should carry a greater weighting in your consideration, I'm simply suggesting you might want to consider a great deal more than something so minuscule in my opinion.
    May 24, 2015. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Whirlpool Despite The Drinks Machine [View article]
    Well said Dana!
    May 24, 2015. 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Does Keurig Kold Foreshadow For SodaStream? [View article]
    The Ultimate machine is not really for in-home use. It is for their SodaStream Professional commercial division. Probably around $400ish. Not pod based either. It's not really a factor given its positioning.
    May 22, 2015. 06:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Does Keurig Kold Foreshadow For SodaStream? [View article]
    I believe I have outlined those insights but if you have a specific question you'd like to offer maybe I can answer directly. I'm not familiar with a hot drinks maker?
    May 21, 2015. 07:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream Q1 2015 Recap [View article]

Most management teams are very pragmatic, if at first you don't succeed try another approach. With regards to demos, lumping in WMT to that subject matter is not appropriate as they do not commonly support such marketing efforts. A better inclusion would be BBBY.

Yes, SodaStream very much decided to limit eyes in the U.S. and they did do so in efforts to "try, try again". At this stage and with results being where they are in the Americas, the screwed aspect is very limited as results are either bottoming or have bottomed. As I have also said in the past, future results will not likely be the affect of one implemented strategy change but the confluence of a variety of strategy changes including product, packaging, operational efficacy, supply lines and overall distribution...not to mention severely depressed comps.

It doesn't matter if it be 1,700 WMT's or 400+ WFM locations nearby BBBY. I'm simply highlighting the fact that retailer name "be damned", he issue does not change as the competition by retailer proximity remains.

What is most important consideration I believe presently is the developments surrounding SodaStream and Keurig Kold. If Kold fails to garner the sales assumed by the masses, then SodaStream can do as they please in a category they own and with the basic execution they have outlined. The stock's performance in recent weeks is indicative of this sentiment. As long as the attachment rate improves they can move as slowly or as quickly as they want their business to move and the institutional investors will admire the lack of viable competition for the category, possibly improving the multiple as well.
    May 21, 2015. 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KeyBanc Revises Estimates For Keurig Kold [View article]
    None you have named have greater than a 2% Household penetration rate. Big names certainly, but not greater than 2% HPR. The Kitchenaid that is most popular with a 10% HPR is $199.99. Vitamix doesn't even register, less HPR than Ninja and Nutribullet, both with lesser price point. So again, none have mass market appeal at $299.99
    May 20, 2015. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream Q1 2015 Recap [View article]
    "When I say "prime the pump", I mean that the customers will tell their friends about it and they will drink it together. Their friends are more likely to be in the same target customer demographic and therefore more likely to buy. Also, other target customers at Whole Foods will notice people buying machines and flavors and CO2 bottles and they may even strike up a conversation with a SodaStream user. All of this validates SodaStream in the minds of those customers and makes them more likely to buy."

With all due respect, that would ideally be want you want to see, but that is hardly if ever the case of how it comes to be and regardless of what point of sale it occurs at. Whole Foods is another retailer and while it is focused on health & wellness they have a very small market share in the retail sector and only around 400 stores which are in close proximity to most BBBY stores. Which horse gets fed first. One hand can't steal from the other at this stage and that is why the scenario you outline is limited in my opinion. I don't disagree with your optimism, but insinuating limited eyes and demographics viewing your product is more advantageous than the masses which is offered by the likes of WMT, TGT, COST and others is somewhat concerning and not consistent with proven consumer data. Whole Foods may help, but in no way is it a game changer. From a pure sell-in stand point, they could never offer what WMT can, has and may again offer someday.
    May 20, 2015. 10:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KeyBanc Revises Estimates For Keurig Kold [View article]
    Sir, if you understood my employment, you would understand exactly what people, including Keurig, hire me to do and that is to express my visions. I don't disagree with your representations of the masses, mostly, but I would suggest understanding those whom you seek communication and/or engage. I wish you success and be well!
    May 20, 2015. 08:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KeyBanc Revises Estimates For Keurig Kold [View article]
    I would kindly offer the question is not the problem, but rather the comprehension. There are no shares of Kleurig to own. My imagination is validated in various mediums, so thank you for the disparaging comment of uselessness, but if one was to track the proliferation of articles on the subject matter they would be forced to acknowledge the accuracy for which I've forecasted the issues. That is probably why other media outlets secure my thoughts on the subject matter. Good luck and be well.
    May 20, 2015. 08:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KeyBanc Revises Estimates For Keurig Kold [View article]
    Constantly plugged in and constantly on are two different things. Like your computer of laptop, goes into sleep mode. Yes, around 2 minutes give or take 30 seconds or so.

Bonne O product can take up to 4 minutes to carbonate. So you see the issues with these products that seem to be high tech but the technology is actually backward technology in that it does not make our lives easier.
    May 20, 2015. 07:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KeyBanc Revises Estimates For Keurig Kold [View article]
    Not the first glass, just like Bevyz machine these thermodynamic cooling mechanisms take a while to boot. Think about an older car in the winter. You crank up the engine in the morning and let it get the motor revving before actually putting it in gear and reversing out of the driveway to work. It basically has to warm up to operate right.
    May 20, 2015. 06:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KeyBanc Revises Estimates For Keurig Kold [View article]
    Sorry a telephone is not a countertop small appliance but thank you for the effort. Again where there is no logic...run!
    May 20, 2015. 06:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • All-in-one beverage maker introduced in Brazil [View news story]
    Here is my previous article from last year discussing this product and its origins.
    May 20, 2015. 01:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • KeyBanc Revises Estimates For Keurig Kold [View article]
    Kindly inform me of a single small appliance sold anywhere in the world that has ever reached mass-market consumption above $299 per unit. Unfortunately, even microwave ovens mass-market price appeal stops at $149.
    May 19, 2015. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • KeyBanc Revises Estimates For Keurig Kold [View article]
    Unfortunately I would very much disagree with you as has been proven by most every company. The brand carries weight, but the product has to stand on its own so far as efficacy in the marketplace. Not an opinion.
    May 19, 2015. 02:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment