Shailesh Kumar

View Shailesh Kumar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Soon To Be An Energy Stock, Is Freeport-McMoRan A Good Value? [View article]
    This is concerning of course. There may be a strategic fit so the acquisition in itself may be okay, but who knows how they figured the price they should pay
    Jan 16, 2013. 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Soon To Be An Energy Stock, Is Freeport-McMoRan A Good Value? [View article]
    Arrgh, I did not even put the ticker for Southern Copper. Must have been added by the editor.
    Jan 16, 2013. 03:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gencor Is Cheap - For Good Reason [View article]
    It is a great rundown of the issues Vince.

Question for you: how undervalued do the shares have to be in your opinion to outweigh the management concerns?

I have followed the company for a long while and despite the optics it seems to me that holding significant amount of cash was justified in case the highway bill passes (which it did). Any new business will require significant capital outlays so cash adds flexibility. As a shareholder, I would be annoyed if the company paid dividends and then had no way (short of taking debt) to fund capital expenses on the passage of the highway bill, which by the way was expected and anticipated.

Now that the deed is done, it remains to be seen how the business performs and how the company manages its cash. I am willing to give them a rope for a couple more quarters.
    Jan 15, 2013. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dex One: A Potential 20-Bagger Stock [View article]
    You go James! And good luck. Hope the third time remains the charm
    Jan 6, 2013. 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dex One: A Potential 20-Bagger Stock [View article]
    hmm, looks like you are having trouble understanding that new business developments can change the investment outlook
    Jan 5, 2013. 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dex One: A Potential 20-Bagger Stock [View article]
    No, I am out. The company was doing fine alone. They had to go and mess it up courting SPMD
    Nov 18, 2012. 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Look For Significant Improvement In Dex One's Balance Sheet And Valuation Metrics [View article]
    No change in my outlook with the merger with SPMD and I am still long. I added more whenever stock fell below my original purchase price. I have now reduced my position to my initial stake

Details: http://bit.ly/RlgD5E

Guillermoleon: Don't get too worked up on the short term price movements
    Aug 25, 2012. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dex One: A Potential 20-Bagger Stock [View article]

Details: http://bit.ly/RlgD5E
    Aug 25, 2012. 08:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Homeowners Choice: 4.3% Dividend Yield, Massive Capital Appreciation Opportunity [View article]
    Given the risks, the time to get in was about 4 months ago, when we did. Got out at 22 last week.
    Jul 17, 2012. 06:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buffett Would Buy SuperMedia If He Knew About It [View article]
    Glen, good to see another DEXO long. I agree that these yellow pages companies are potentially the best value available in the market today
    Jun 26, 2012. 06:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry, don't get to visit seekingalpha so often now as most of the time the site does not load in my browser.

I am still holding and have not changed my position on the stock. Not adding any more as I have allocated as much as I wished to in here.

Please go to my website valuestockguide.com and send me an email from the contact form and we can take it from there.
    May 21, 2012. 11:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am still long and added some more in 80s :-)
    May 10, 2012. 10:13 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DEXO - Q1 Earning Preview [View instapost]
    They went aggressive on D&A, which is fine as the earnings are good enough to allow them to clean up the balance sheet a little more.

But since the change in the amortization schedule will stick on the remaining quarters, it is a significant signal from them to the community that the Q2 - Q4 earnings are going to be able to support this.

Also note there comment about revenue stabilizing.
    Apr 26, 2012. 06:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DEXO - Q1 Earning Preview [View instapost]
    James, great analysis. I feel the company should do a little better on the revenue line given that Q1 is generally better than the other quarters for Yellow Pages but I will defer to the company's guidance on that one. Hopefully the costs are down a little as well in line with the cost reduction targets for the year. We shall see what they report soon, won't we!
    Apr 25, 2012. 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Only a small percent of these bonds were issued as PIK. PIK carry an interest rate of 14% whereas regular bonds are at 12%.

Issuing a PIK instead of regular bond payments increases the future interest burden
    Apr 24, 2012. 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment