Shankar N

View Shankar N's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gold And S&P 500: A Portfolio For All Markets [View article]
    Thanks for your Comments remurraymd. I think writing options is a great idea to increase the returns of the portfolio.

If you ever want to take some money out of your portfolio to invest in a new stock or a bond, do you sell a particular stock or you sell uniformly across the board?
    Aug 22 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And S&P 500: A Portfolio For All Markets [View article]
    Agree mhench. My risk appetite is a bit lower and I will be worried if gold starts eating into the gains once the bull market is over. If I have equal number of SPY and GLD I believe I will get decent returns in the longer run and some losses every now and then. As I am only planning to use this investment to buy stocks I think I will be ok with less returns.
    Aug 22 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And S&P 500: A Portfolio For All Markets [View article]
    Submitted the correction and its published. Apologies.
    Aug 22 12:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And S&P 500: A Portfolio For All Markets [View article]
    Thanks for noticing. I think I missed a year. Excel, my bad.
    Aug 22 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: The Supply-Demand Equilibrium [View article]
    Thanks Chandragupta. I agree with your viewpoint that people who buy Jewellery think of it as an investment. We can in a way merge the Jewellery demand and investment demand together.

But for classification purpose and for ease of use the World gold council classifies them separately so that as soon as you look at the numbers for Jewellery you are thinking about consumers while investment demand comes from ETF's, Gold bars & Coins and other OTC investors. Once the classification is done this way its easier for you look at them separately or together as you suggested.
    Aug 21 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: The Supply-Demand Equilibrium [View article]
    Thanks for your comments. The supply and demand information was taken from World Gold Council's 2011 Full year report. http://bit.ly/QWqmuH
    Aug 21 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Novartis Well Positioned, But Will It Deliver? [View article]
    Thanks for the encouragement SSnape.
    Aug 6 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Pfizer A Good Buy? [View article]
    I agree dag. Its a good idea to buy into dips if you have already decided to add the stock. But this would work only for long term investors isn't it?

I still think its better to start buying whenever the stock falls into your buying range.
    Jul 27 02:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Pfizer A Good Buy? [View article]
    Thanks for the info and links pbanik. AZN looks cheap at 7 times earnings. But I would like to dig into their numbers and current pipeline before taking a decision.
    Jul 27 02:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Pfizer A Good Buy? [View article]
    Thanks lungman. You summed it up precisely in three sentences. Your comments are informative. Since I am working on top drug majors I think I am going to consult you more often.
    Jul 27 02:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment