Shareholders Unite

View Shareholders Unite's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    I'm not familiar with Canada, to be honest. With Europe, quite a bit. It's mostly the euro and it ain't pretty:
    Aug 21 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    No, I actually hadn't noticed that but thanks. I don't have a problem with them having no bio, but let them have a go at writing coherent articles themselves, it's a little more difficult than just criticize the work of others, although I don't really have a problem with that either.
    Aug 21 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    ["How very snarky. New Rule ,you should understand how bad inflation really is before pontificating as if it's totally harmless. You essentially passed off a 97% loss of the value"]

Since you introduced this terrible loss into the discussion, the onus is on you to show what kind of damage it has created.

It's 97% over a century, that's what? 2-3% inflation a year.

Again, what damage does that do?
    Aug 21 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    You were the one throwing Zimbabwe into the equation, not me..
    Aug 21 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    ["Since demand-side theory can't explain enough the natural fact of savings you found very quickly the guilty one's - the savers who don't spend enough. They are "evil" just because of one simple reason: Because they don't fit in as demad-side economic theory teaches!"]

No, it's not just about savings. It's about S-I. Look at the graph in the figure what happened to that in 2008...

And I have no difficulty explaining why that happened: a $9T hole in balance sheets..
    Aug 21 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    If that was true we would have hyperinflation by now. You might want to familiarize with his writing in 2009-10 when many more people argued that and he rubbished it.
    Aug 21 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    You have no idea what I read or don't read. I'm actually an admirer of Hayek, more especially his 1945 article on the distributed nature of knowledge, but his business cycle theory, nope, sorry.
    Aug 21 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    I don't think your rephrasal made things better, apart from the sense in which it tells us much more about you than about Keynes.
    Aug 20 11:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    Nope.
    Aug 20 10:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    [This shift is noticeable in many articles and comments.
    I would like to remind all of you that tax cuts (whether for rich or poor) were always justified by the consumerism and deficit spending fraction to boost consumer demand."]

No, there is a difference. The poor spend 100 (or 110%, as in the decade before the crisis) of their income, much of the rich save a large proportion of their income. This matters especially in a situation where demand is the problem, like in a balance sheet recession.

I also happen to believe that it's relative, not absolute pay that matters. If you cut all top salaries by half but leave the rank order unchanged, there will hardly be any effect on incentives. There is a host of behavioral economics literature on this.
    Aug 20 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    I'm empirical, I'm much less interested what label or dead economist suits my views, even less whether these are in accordance with any of them. That doesn't mean that there isn't a great deal of insight to be gained from studying dead economists though, but I see them as a source of ideas.
    Aug 20 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    ["Since inequality is back on the political agenda it is interesting how demand-side economists (Keynesians and Kurgmanians) started to twist the truth and made tax cuts for individuals (for the evil rich entrepreneurs) to look like an invention of supply-side economics."]

Can you believe it? I actually disagree with Krugman about inequality:
    Aug 20 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    Hello Netblue, well, I'm afraid I don't have the answer to that one..
    Aug 20 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    ["SU, I disagree with your "Low Inflation" comment.Fed rates are not indicative of real inflation. The Fed has engineered a 97% depreciation in our paper currency during its century of incompetence and fraud"]

I've already had my 2c worth about inflation measures

And as far as that "engineered" 97% depreciation, what damage has that done? 97% sounds dramatic but over a century it's what, 2% a year or so, perhaps 3%. Terrible, terrible..
    Aug 20 09:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    This is odd, certainly if this criticism is coming from the political right. Since when is it suspect in the US to monetize one's considerable talents at least moderately? I think you realize that someone of his stature and capabilities could make ten times what he's making today.

Enjoyed the discussion so far, but this doesn't make any sense.
    Aug 20 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment