Shareholders Unite

View Shareholders Unite's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    I don't think your rephrasal made things better, apart from the sense in which it tells us much more about you than about Keynes.
    Aug 20 11:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    Nope.
    Aug 20 10:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    [This shift is noticeable in many articles and comments.
    I would like to remind all of you that tax cuts (whether for rich or poor) were always justified by the consumerism and deficit spending fraction to boost consumer demand."]

No, there is a difference. The poor spend 100 (or 110%, as in the decade before the crisis) of their income, much of the rich save a large proportion of their income. This matters especially in a situation where demand is the problem, like in a balance sheet recession.

I also happen to believe that it's relative, not absolute pay that matters. If you cut all top salaries by half but leave the rank order unchanged, there will hardly be any effect on incentives. There is a host of behavioral economics literature on this.
    Aug 20 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    I'm empirical, I'm much less interested what label or dead economist suits my views, even less whether these are in accordance with any of them. That doesn't mean that there isn't a great deal of insight to be gained from studying dead economists though, but I see them as a source of ideas.
    Aug 20 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    ["Since inequality is back on the political agenda it is interesting how demand-side economists (Keynesians and Kurgmanians) started to twist the truth and made tax cuts for individuals (for the evil rich entrepreneurs) to look like an invention of supply-side economics."]

Can you believe it? I actually disagree with Krugman about inequality:
    Aug 20 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    Hello Netblue, well, I'm afraid I don't have the answer to that one..
    Aug 20 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    ["SU, I disagree with your "Low Inflation" comment.Fed rates are not indicative of real inflation. The Fed has engineered a 97% depreciation in our paper currency during its century of incompetence and fraud"]

I've already had my 2c worth about inflation measures

And as far as that "engineered" 97% depreciation, what damage has that done? 97% sounds dramatic but over a century it's what, 2% a year or so, perhaps 3%. Terrible, terrible..
    Aug 20 09:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    This is odd, certainly if this criticism is coming from the political right. Since when is it suspect in the US to monetize one's considerable talents at least moderately? I think you realize that someone of his stature and capabilities could make ten times what he's making today.

Enjoyed the discussion so far, but this doesn't make any sense.
    Aug 20 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    I'm sorry but I'm not easily given over to bibles that are able to explain everything and discard anything else as nonsense without further ado, golfin. In fact, I'm deeply suspicious of that.
    Aug 20 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar + Storage Is Close To An Inflection Point [View article]
    I'm sorry to have dissapointed you, leviek. I'm sure there is a good many other stuff that I forgot to analyse or include in the article.. One can only please some people some of the times..

Fuel cells aren't without critics either, by the way:
    Aug 20 09:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    Yes, but I never claimed exclusivity. I haven't even made up my mind about secular stagnation (I haven't got through the entire Vox ebook yet).

ABTC has more problems explaining the existence of large and persistent output gaps though..
    Aug 20 07:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Secular Stagnation Effects On Financial Markets [View article]
    ["secular stagnation = socialism = Cuba = pervasive economic malaise"]

Interesting contribution and rather revealing thought process..
    Aug 20 06:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar + Storage Is Close To An Inflection Point [View article]
    ["The Ontario government which continues to pay large subsidies for renewable s at the determent of the energy consumer and has among the highest rates in North America needs to figure this out!!!"]

Ontario doesn't strike me as a place with too much sunshine, and the Deutsche Bank quote is followed by a host of countries which don't include Canada..
    Aug 20 04:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Supply-Side Versus Keynesian Economics [View article]
    Krugman doesn't strike me as someone who is especially motivated by money, but even that is besides the point. Whether dogma or not, his simple use of ISLM modeling got a whole lot of stuff right in the aftermath of the crisis and he deserves at least a modicum of respect for that (as even some political opponents, like David Frumm have acknowledged) when so many people made all kinds of alarmist predictions that haven't materialized.
    Aug 20 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Solar + Storage Is Close To An Inflection Point [View article]
    ["The "investment implication" section, however, fails to mention a highly important sector: power conversion equipment makers. Take a look at IPWR
    (which I own along with your favorite JKS). SMA, ABB, etc. will also benefit."]

Thanks. Funny enough I'm writing about some of that at the moment, so stay tuned..
    Aug 20 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment