Shareholders Unite

View Shareholders Unite's Comments BY TICKER:
  • InterOil: Misconstrued Deal Announcement Presents Extraordinary Buying Opportunity [View article]
    I think you missed a bit, Alan. But then again, you do make a habit of that, Phil's shares, the GC report.

You're in good company with Feeltheheat aka Bostonkenmore, he missed the liquids, the dolomite, argued that IOC's licenses where heavily explored (as if that proves anything, but it's baloney anyway) and for the last 6 years he argued the shares are worth nothing..
    May 28, 2013. 11:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    #1 was answered in the article
    #2 you say "where are the billions?" then a little later you say " Nothing has been agreed to" so as usual, you're contradicting yourself
    #3 Just read the PR, it's in there
    #4 IOC wouldn't give Exxon exclusivity if they were not reasonably sure they offered the best deal, read the Westlake report.

Now, that wasn't too hard..

And you're still running away from all the nonsense you argued over the years, no wonder you get upset when someone reminds you..
    May 28, 2013. 10:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Europe's Catch-22 Situation Finally Losing Its Edge? [View article]
    Yes, we're aware that after climate deniers, there are now austerity deniers. I'll stick to the IMF in the meantime..
    May 28, 2013. 07:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Some interesting observations here:
    May 28, 2013. 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Boston. I remember when you enthusiastically quoted Jaxson from VI arguing IOC's shares were worth between $0 and $4. When was that, 2006, I believe?
    May 28, 2013. 02:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft With Intel's Haswell A Winning Combination? [View article]
    Well, how about Asus Padphone. Personally, I very much like it's Transformer since I don't really do anything fancy on a laptop (write and surf), I don't need a zillion floating point calculations and 14h battery life and a sublime screen and lightweight/portability works for me. But to each his/her own. Form factors will co-exist.
    May 20, 2013. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft With Intel's Haswell A Winning Combination? [View article]
    Yes, there are things that a PC does better still, but with Moore's law I'm not sure for how long.

The logical conclusion of shrinking chips is that your mobile phone is going to be your computer in the future, hook it up to a keyboard and a screen, and voila..
    May 20, 2013. 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft With Intel's Haswell A Winning Combination? [View article]
    There is no contradiction here. They (MSFT) were left hanging UNTIL Intel's processors can compete with ARM energy wise. Then I ask the question whether that change enables MSFT to compete better in the tablet/hybrid space.

The answer is yes, but I also argue that since for most practical purposes, all processors have so improved that any of the newest generation enables consumers to do most they want, which is why the experience matters more than the processor.

Capice?
    May 20, 2013. 06:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft With Intel's Haswell A Winning Combination? [View article]
    You clearly haven't read the article, but that's not stopping you to waffle about it. Now read it again. No I did not argue that Haswell is a low impact product, yes I agree that MSFT has been "hanging in the breeze" by Intel and that is now being redressed. What I do argue is that, apart from the enterprise space, the processor matters a great deal less than the overall experience.

I guess you called yourself evildog for a reason, oh well..
    May 20, 2013. 05:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft With Intel's Haswell A Winning Combination? [View article]
    I was already writing on the assumption that the new Haswell iCore processors would provide enough progress in energy use and reduced form factor as to level the playing field, so the new Atom processor doesn't really add much, if anything from that perspective.
    May 20, 2013. 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft With Intel's Haswell A Winning Combination? [View article]
    Yes, I didn't make sufficiently explicit that I was writing about the consumer market as of course the enterprise market isn't rolling over anytime soon and Wintel's position there seems assured there, even if Apple has made significant inroads with innovative uses (in healthcare, education, field workers, etc.)
    May 20, 2013. 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft With Intel's Haswell A Winning Combination? [View article]
    Huh? I think I readily admit that Intel has made great strides in power usage.

Re point A. Wintel based tablets/hybrids will still be more expensive than comparable ARM/Android ones

Re point B. Video runs good enough on the latest ARM based tablets even with super HD screens, but yes, Intel based ones might skip the need for a GPU to to that. However, other video needs (gaming) might not, so this is a moot point.

Re point C. You might want to read the article before you criticize..

["The user could either buy a rather underpowered Atom CPU based tablet/hybrid that was as sleek and energy efficient as most of the competition, or a much less energy efficient iCore based tablet/hybrid that is thick, heavy, doesn't last all day but is fully powered in terms of processor needs. With the new Haswell processors, that trade-off has become distinctly reduced, perhaps it even disappears completely."]

My point is simply that processors from both ARM camp and the new Intel ones are good enough for tablets and hybrids, that is, the processor is less important, the experience is what counts most, and there Microsoft is still wanting.
    May 20, 2013. 03:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Microsoft With Intel's Haswell A Winning Combination? [View article]
    Yes, I largely concur with that, INTC will benefit almost in any scenario bar them receiving no traction, which seems improbable to me. Whether MSFT will ride on the back of INTC this time is quite another matter though..
    May 20, 2013. 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Myth Of Liquidity And Bubbles In Financial Markets [View article]
    Superb article, thanks for that.
    May 17, 2013. 08:46 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Stock Market Can Go Much Higher Before It's A Bubble [View article]
    I agree with that. I think, sooner or later, it's inevitable that wages start to rise in line with productivity increases. Low interest rates are no substitute for that.
    May 17, 2013. 07:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment