Shaun Rein

View Shaun Rein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Starbucks Succeeds In China [View article]
    I wish I too had bought SBUX. I have never actually owned any SBUX stock but it certainly is a good one. The growth will continue in China at a very strong pace.
    Mar 1, 2012. 01:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Starbucks Succeeds In China [View article]
    Appreciate the kind comments, Thank you. Indeed, Starbucks really does an excellent job of training its employees here in China... and retaining. It really is quite amazing the level of service across so many points of sale here. They deserve kudos for that.
    Mar 1, 2012. 01:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks To Own And Stocks To Avoid To Profit From China's Growth - An Interview With China Expert Shaun Rein, Part 1 [View article]
    Yes, I would take most numbers coming out of China with a grain of salt... that is why my firm estimates consumption to account for 42% while folks like Krugman keep saying 35% or less... they just underestimate the size of the underground economy.
    Dec 27, 2011. 06:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Indeed Joshua, in general the chamber's positions on China vis a vis tariffs and the RMB rate are at direct odds with your own.
    Dec 21, 2011. 07:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    You have poised similar questions to me before Joshua on the Linked In Groups area... where have I ever said tariffs are good? In general, I believe in a free market economy. If anything, you are the one who has repeatedly said to increase tariffs on Chinese made products into the US. If I recall, you were an active support of Donald Trump and his call for a 25% tariff on Chinese products.

So yes, I am for free trade and you are not.
    Dec 21, 2011. 07:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    This person ng164300 is a case in point of the type who is either 1) influenced by fear mongers or 2) is a fear monger. I never heard of any big attack by Chinese government or individual hackers into American colleges. Could someone give me a link where that occurred. Thanks.
    Dec 21, 2011. 05:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Appreciate the kind comments punk900, thank you.
    Dec 21, 2011. 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Thank you pick1998_2 for the comments. I hope indeed that optimistic and rational minds can prevail. The key is the the world economy to get better. if it does not soon, and I am one who does not think it will, then people and governments will look for scapegoats and then the situation can quickly spiral out of control.
    Dec 21, 2011. 05:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Ben Gee is correct. It was a move by China to counter countless others by the US... the worry is that the US will then counter, then China, and then we have a trade war.
    Dec 21, 2011. 05:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Thanks tkchoi55 for pointing out what Goldman is doing -- indeed, Chinese women are a powerful economic force here that are often underestimated. Marketers would be making a big mistake if they continue to do that.
    Dec 21, 2011. 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Thanks Totoro. I hope you enjoy my book -- it is very different from Paul's. I think Paul's was excellent and accurate... for factories 10 years ago.There are still many factories like that in China but prices have gotten so high that those factories for the most part have shut or moved to other countries. A big part of my book tracks that, and shows the top notch factories that have been built up in last 5 years since Paul did most of his research. Look forward to hearing your comments on the book after you read.
    Dec 15, 2011. 01:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Agreed Ben Gee. Hopefully we can get calm leaders both in China and the US moving forward.
    Dec 14, 2011. 04:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Hopefully the read of it will be just as fun and titillating. Of course, I would be remiss, if I did not make clear I did not do anything my wife would not be ok with.
    Dec 14, 2011. 04:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    The change is occurring must faster than many realize, daily trading, which is going to severely disrupt supply chains -- and America's consumption way of life -- unless companies can stay ahead of the curve. I am not sure all sectors will be able to move to cheaper locales, as Nike has done...
    Dec 14, 2011. 04:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Appreciate the kind comments afikoman. Indeed, I don't understand most of the rhetoric against China's manufacturing sector - it provided good quality, cheap products for everyday Americans... and did not steal jobs. I don't see a clamoring by Americans to work in clothing mills anymore...
    Dec 14, 2011. 04:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment