Shaun Rein

View Shaun Rein's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why China Needs to Keep Building [View article]
    Dear All,

Thank you for the excellent comments. As a FYI, I do not respond to many comments on SA because I don't like the anonymous nature of many of the discussions as it sometimes causes a lack of civility. I am however quite good at responding to comments via Linked In groups (where there is no anonymity). Debate there tends to be good. If you want to know which groups I participate in, feel free to send me a Linked In invite and I will accept.

Jul 6 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • China's Cooling Measures Pushing Consumers to Go High-End [View article]
    Dear All,

I am also writing a book on China's economy and will be active on Linked In during the writing process.111
    Jul 6 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • America Can't Escape China's Inflation [View article]
    Dear All,

I am also writing a book on China's economy and will be active on Linked In during the writing process.....
    Jul 6 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nouriel Roubini Is All Wrong About China [View article]
    Dear All,

Jul 6 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Wal-Mart Is Losing Market Share in China [View article]
    Dear All,

Jul 6 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who Says China Inflation Is Under Control? [View article]
    Dear All,

Jul 6 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sanctions Against North Korea are Wrong [View instapost]
    Thanks Graham and Dodd -- I 100% believe think there needs to be a serious change in how North Korea is governed. It is not right what is happening there.

The current strategies employed by the US are not working and a more creative, different appraoch needs to be used. The leadership is probably still driving around in his Mercedes and whatnot and the offspring gambling in Macau.
    Aug 5 08:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sanctions Against North Korea are Wrong [View instapost]
    Thanks Andrew for kind comments. I am actually surprised at the level of anger in comments towards the piece -- both on the Forbes' site and in blogs. I am not sure they fully understood what I wrote.

I believe in regime change or in changing the regime. Sanctions don't really hurt the leadership just the everyday person.
    Aug 5 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CNBC's Martin Soong Kind of Calls me a China Apologist [View instapost]
    Thanks for comment. I am definitely not an apologist but someone trying to present China objectively... both the good and bad. On the good side, China is definitely trending towards the better.
    Aug 3 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Sets Great Leaders Apart [View instapost]
    Thanks Michael for the kind comments.
    Apr 26 05:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Sets Great Leaders Apart [View instapost]
    I strive to be as good a leader as I can (and I listen to my own advice).
    Apr 6 10:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Sell to the Chinese in 2010 [View instapost]
    hi Thad, I think Baidu and Tencent are good companies to look at. Tencent is extremely well run.
    Jan 12 09:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jim Chanos Is Wrong: There Is No China Bubble [View article]
    Thanks.. Just one point. At some point, i do think the RMB needs to appreciate. That is when the world economy is stronger. I suggest the RMB do a one-time 5-10% appreciation.
    Jan 12 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jim Chanos Is Wrong: There Is No China Bubble [View article]
    Thanks Andrew for kind comments and insight into Dubai.
    Jan 11 10:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CNBC Shaun Rein Interview: Behind China's Wheel [View instapost]
    HI,

Here it is again.
    www.cnbc.com/id/158402...
    If that does not work, please send me an email and I will send that link to you directly.
    I tried to use the link button...

On Apr 20 10:47 AM Hedged In wrote:

> Shaun, can you republish the link? (I think you need to highlight
    > the link and use the link button).
    Apr 20 06:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment