Shelby Cardozo

View Shelby Cardozo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • DIY Dividend Investors Club: Building A Sustainable Long-Term Dividend Portfolio (Part 1) [View article]
    Didn't KMB just begin a bounce off a 8% decline from a 10 day ago? I think you missed the KMB pullback. Though depending on interest rates, I think you have a solid chance of seeing another in the next 6 months.
    Sep 15, 2013. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • There Are No Good Reasons To Invest In Bank Of America Right Now [View article]
    I also bought on the way down from 8 dollars to 5 then rode it back up to 13 something and sold my entire position with the thought that I didn't see much upside in the near term and that I could use the profits towards things with a better return. I don't see much upside at this point. In the long, long term BAC will do well, but I think there are better prospects overall.
    Sep 13, 2013. 05:21 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Explosive action in BofA Article 77 hearing [View news story]
    Anything to drag this stock back down would be welcome by me. I need another opportunity to continue to trade this stock.
    Sep 13, 2013. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Southern Company: The Wait For Fair Valuation Is Over [View article]
    My only concerns for SO and bringing it to a full position to my portfolio is how rising interest rates are going to hurt the stock. Likewise, some concern over their ability to pay the dividend in the future has been raised by some, even though I suspect that given the history, SO will want to continue. If the general market continues to stagnate or correct down further I suspect SO will offer up more opportunities over the next 6 months.
    Sep 13, 2013. 01:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Team Alpha Retirement Portfolio: Dividend Investing In An Uncertain Market [View article]
    Bed bath and beyond of course
    Sep 9, 2013. 04:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Federal Reserve Is Pumping Funds Offshore And Not Into Domestic Loans [View article]
    Well, if I was a TBTF bank and the government was requiring equity levels to be at all time highs, I had better comply with the government. If the government was going to have to raise rates in a few years, well then it's better not to loan the money today if I can wait a few years to make more money later. Especially if in the meantime I can invest short term in other areas which will bring me better profits than loaning it out at historic lows. The banks are doing exactly what profitable companies should be doing. Thinking strategically.

Investors should be anticipating this and move accordingly.
    Sep 9, 2013. 02:05 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blaming Obamacare For Decline In Average Work Week Hours [View article]
    Underemployment at historic levels ... check ...
    Individuals on disability at historic levels ... check ...

Behold the great recovery?
    Sep 9, 2013. 02:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Team Alpha Retirement Portfolio: A Nail In The Coffin And A Stake Through The Heart [View article]
    There will be fed tightening eventually. No such thing as unlimited QE. Their last minutes even discussed raising rates in 2014 or 2015. They're already planting the seed and giving us the flour to bake it in. Will there be pullback, maybe recession, very likely, but given that we're at all time highs and stock prices equal to the 2008 highs, maybe it's reasonable.
    Sep 9, 2013. 01:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The zero interest rates and fed buying can't continue forever, and at a point it becomes beneficial to take the poison that you know vs the poison that you don't know. The effects of the bond and MBS buying along with low interest rates are potentially vs dangerous in the long term. The issue is, no one knows how bad or to what degree they should be kept low. We know that by far the worst of the crisis is over, we've made the intial part of a "soft landing" and are in our first bounce. Perhaps the bounce is on a downward trend.
    Sep 8, 2013. 03:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Mobile: No Credibility On The Street [View article]
    It's not too soon to say whether Intel will be able to gain market share in mobile and tablets. It's easy to say. One need only look to the last two years. In fact people have said. They've said that in terms of shipped mobile units with Intel inside, YoY, Intel has risen only slightly compared to the overall growth of the mobile market. This is also true for tablets.

In other words. The markets are still growing faster than Intel's market share in either space.

The technology while, interesting, hasn't translated to boxes coming off the shelves and while I fully expect things to improve, they are not improving at a speed which would indicate success.
    Sep 8, 2013. 11:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Banco Santander's Dividend Can't Last [View article]
    I don't think they've priced in any dividend cuts to be honest. I also know that the bank isn't going anywhere. They've been expertly managed through the European crisis. When Europe emerges and regains it's economic footing SAN will benefit greatly. The question remains, if SAN survived very well through the crisis and didn't cut the dividend why would they cut it later as the picture improves? Either things are getting worse, or better.

I don't think SAN is going to head back to the teens any time soon, but I think we have a well established trading range on which to collect dividends and make money. I'm long SAN and up 20% as of this writing.
    Sep 8, 2013. 11:03 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Typically I hand over a small portion of every paycheck in an effort to put my money to work right away. However, there is some significant uncertainty on my part of the economy. An irrational uptick in home prices, mortgage rates rising, a fed tapering, a massive increase in the number of unemployed Americans, debt ceiling, presidential election, massive increase in Americans on disability, rising interest rates. I don't see the economic growth to support all these downsides.

That said, I'll continue to look for solid low beta dividend stocks on sale. I think the next 6 months is going to be interesting.
    Sep 8, 2013. 10:54 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Retirees Need A Dividend ETF Or A Portfolio Of Individual Stocks - Part Two [View article]
    I'd love to see a CCC ETF.
    Sep 7, 2013. 11:02 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: The Time To Buy Is Now [View article]
    My first investments where into BAC in 2011 and I sold them in 2013 to pay off some debt. Was definitely worth it. I don't see BAC rocketing to the 20's anytime soon. The irrational exuberance regarding the economy has worn off and will continue to wear over the winter I suspect. Sure, for the long term BAC will be fine and do moderate growth, but I think the prices we have now are pretty stable.
    Sep 7, 2013. 10:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. auto sales recap [View news story]
    The US doesn't want to buy light vehicles. Just heavy duty trucks and SUVs right?
    Sep 4, 2013. 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment