Shelby Cardozo

View Shelby Cardozo's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Challenging Environment To Continue For McDonald's [View article]
    Funny, I see all the bad news and came to a different conclusion. Sure, McDonalds is on the ropes, even maybe on the mat. But McDonalds isn't knocked out, it's down. It will get back up, just going to take some time. The yield will support the stock as it falls, the balance sheet is unleveraged. I'm going to be using this weakness to average into a full position this year.

Jan 22, 2015. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Challenging Environment To Continue For McDonald's [View article]
    Earnings were impacted by same store sales, but also by currency.
    Jan 22, 2015. 11:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Short Term Opportunities For Medium Term Growth [View article]
    Silverbug2,

I haven't looked at it in detail, but their purchase of additional wireless assets reflects a premise I believe exists is that their focus is in wireless growth as that is where the margin in. (run on sentence is long). :(
    Jan 22, 2015. 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Short Term Opportunities For Medium Term Growth [View article]
    Siwanoy,

Are you referring to Googles partnership with Space X for microsatellites?
    Jan 21, 2015. 07:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Short Term Opportunities For Medium Term Growth [View article]
    peapaw,

Thanks for the comments. I've been looking at adding VZ, looking for similar events to unfold for VZ.
    Jan 21, 2015. 05:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Short Term Opportunities For Medium Term Growth [View article]
    richjoy403,

Excellent points! Thanks for the comment.
    Jan 21, 2015. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Short Term Opportunities For Medium Term Growth [View article]
    djsulli,

Same here, thanks for the comment!
    Jan 21, 2015. 02:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Short Term Opportunities For Medium Term Growth [View article]
    Siwanoy,

As much as I would personally like a local governments build out of high speed broadband, I suspect the courts prevent any kind of federal government infringing on the rights of local governments that have already restricted the local build outs.

Generally, the fixed line broadband though over time will become a null issue, the same way copper has to some degree. The wireless is where the revenue growth and margins are. Which is part of the central thesis to T I suspect.
    Jan 21, 2015. 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Short Term Opportunities For Medium Term Growth [View article]
    newguy40,

Thanks for the comments. If T breaks the level of support I'll be adding more myself.
    Jan 21, 2015. 01:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Short Term Opportunities For Medium Term Growth [View article]
    Thanks billinsd!
    Jan 21, 2015. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pacific Rubiales: An Intriguing South American Oil Play [View article]
    Ouch, stock has been hammered.
    Jan 15, 2015. 01:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Averaging Down: Up To My Knees In Oil [View article]
    GetRealHere,

I also own a little VDE, it's a close mirror to XLE. I choose individuals as well because I want more exposure to those particular companies.
    Jan 12, 2015. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Averaging Down: Up To My Knees In Oil [View article]
    JerryofNC,

I agree. Sometimes it's just hard to pull the trigger on JNJ. Sometimes I think I should just set aside the cash, pull the trigger and forget about it, just so I can say it's done and I did it.

In my heart I just want to buy JNJ at the price it was in 2010, 2011, and 2012. Argubly I could have purchased some in 2012, but I think I had most my money tied up in financials.
    Jan 12, 2015. 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Averaging Down: Up To My Knees In Oil [View article]
    JerryofNC,

I agree, this year, the next two quaters are going to be interesting. Even once they past, it's going to take a year for the results of those quarters to shake out. That said, I think a $40 oil price is statistically the floor. We shall see.
    Jan 12, 2015. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Averaging Down: Up To My Knees In Oil [View article]
    Limed,

I hope no one got the impression they were blown off. Just that I think my investing style is that such I enjoy buying the expensive stocks when they're bargins. Obviously, some stocks enjoy a perpetual premium and never go on sale. I just haven't found a way to convince myself to buy the "expensive stocks" when they're fully valued.

The average American has so little for retirement you are right on that note. I think that is a huge problem that will likely cause more headaches for me in the big picture vs which stock did I pick 30 years ago.
    Jan 12, 2015. 02:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment