Shelby Cardozo

View Shelby Cardozo's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • National Bank Of Greece: It Ain't Over Until... No, It's Over [View article]
    Yeah NBG is interesting, I easily see this going to pennies or out of business very soon. I can see the joggers warming up as the run on Greek banks has already started even if people are denying it. If you like to throw money away, I'd go long NBG at the .50 cent range just for the off chance it manages to survive you can experiance what it feels like to be truly shocked.
    May 17, 2012. 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Deutsche Bank Is A Sell On PIIGS Exposure [View article]
    All the Europeon stocks are heading down, banks especially. Even though popular dividend stocks like STD are in markets outside Europe, they're still going to get pulled down in Europe. There is going to be zero good news in Europe for many months. Economically they're on the downward slope heading for a cliff and all the stocks, especially financials are going to go with them.
    May 17, 2012. 11:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: My Stock Pick Of 2012, An Update [View article]
    AT&T has horrible service and every day they manage to find new and exciting ways to overcharge their customers. This is great for shareholders, louzy for customers. Look for shared data plans to be the new big money maker in overages.
    May 12, 2012. 12:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: My Stock Pick Of 2012, An Update [View article]
    Problem is that it's always near its 52 week high. I like the stock but I have to wait for a pullback.
    May 11, 2012. 10:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Retirement: Where Should A Beginner Begin? (Part 3) [View article]
    Where should a beginer begin who's age 40? 35? I know it's hard to belive but there are many who are just starting at age 40. They're scared at the fact they don't have retirement yet. If your just starting out with less than 20 years to retirement, this strategy doesn't seem to provide the returns required. I might argue that greater risk is required. What are your thoughts for someone just starting, but needing more risk growth orientated, vs stable compounding?
    Apr 28, 2012. 07:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Continues Slide - When Will It Stop? [View article]
    I'll go ahead and say that the downward trend won't stop until the next earnings, I mean losses report.
    Apr 18, 2012. 10:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora's One Stop Solution For Advertisers [View article]
    Losses are increasing, no profits, stock price is almost half its IPO price. No one can identify a floor for this stock. Nor can they identify when the company will be profitable.
    Apr 17, 2012. 08:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What To Do When Your Stock Crashes [View article]
    Zero profits. Increasing costs. Ineffective advertising sales with little to no value. Stock is going nowhere but down.

I agree the potential exists for P to do some amazing things, but it all hinges on their ability to sell ads. In order for P to be successful they're going to do local ads better. They're going to have to do location based ads.

How about hearing a Lowes ad every time I pull into the Home Depot parking lot? Or hear about McDonalds new McChicken bites when I'm driving down I-5 letting me know that two exits ahead I can get my fill?

Pandora doesn't do any of this. They have too much ad inventory. So they're left with filler spam ads. Ads that offer no value and pay fractions of fractional pennies on the 1,000 pageviews.

It's a company half executed. Great product. Zero revenue in it's current form. P is going to have to change how they do ads.

I'm long P with a cost basis of 10.82, and I'll probably average down when it hits 5.00 and then again when it hits 2.30. At this point it's gambling money to me. I don't have the faith that P can make the conversion with their ad business model, but obviously if I can imagine it, then I guess there's a chance.
    Apr 10, 2012. 03:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's Transition Could Provide An Entry Point For Dividend Growth Investors [View article]
    Agreed.
    Mar 29, 2012. 01:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora Makes An Interesting, Somewhat Surprising Move [View article]
    Rocco,

Would you be a Netflix fan if they were free and had advertising? Still a fan of P, if Pandora was subscriber only? Seems to me that they're both the same company, beholden to content owners, only with slightly different business models.

I'm also long P as of last week, in an extremely small position.
    Mar 21, 2012. 08:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Use Weakness On Canadian Wireless Decision To Buy Rogers, Bell [View article]
    RCI:A, RCI:B or RCI what's the difference?
    Mar 15, 2012. 11:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Pandora Acting Like Apple' And Crushing Radio In The Process [View article]
    Hmm,

The real question is if Netflix was free but had advertisements, would Rocco buy it?
    Mar 13, 2012. 01:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Turning $100,000 Into Half A Million In 2012 [View article]
    Regarding Amazon,

Considering the increasing success of cash poor states to hold Amazon hostage to sales tax, I forsee a continued decline of the stock. Especially as 2013, 2014, and 2015 arrive and Amazon must begin paying sales tax in some of their largest customer states. How are they going to break out of the inevitable trend?
    Feb 2, 2012. 11:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks For A Somewhat Less Stressful 2012 [View article]
    What kind of entry points are you looking for with VZ, RCI, HCP, P? Or are you dollar cost averaging in?
    Dec 19, 2011. 11:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks To Spend $5,000 (Or Less) On [View article]
    Rocco, a lot of newbie investors are starting exactly as you describe. But that doesn't mean newbies aren't interested speculation or a more aggressive approach. With that said, I'd love to see you do a $5,000 2011 series of articles and see what you could grow with that.

Doubling an 10k imaginary portfolio with options is certainly one thing, but I'd love to see you do the same with 5k of trades as a newbie would. I'm sure there's plenty of readers whom be able to take the plunge. I know I'd be interested.

/challenge thrown