Shelby Cardozo

View Shelby Cardozo's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Microsoft And 'One-Time Investing' [View article]
    Worst case scenario this would show why index investing would be superior? $VTI. I know single stock vs single market is a poor comparison but it's certainly a viewpoint worth considering.
    Apr 8, 2015. 01:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • EIA Petroleum Inventories [View news story]
    Indeed. Historically whenever oil falls, below levels seen as long term sustainable, storage goes up in order to sell higher later. During previous pullbacks, storage goes up on land, fills and then eventually ship storage fills. This hasn't happened yet, so it's hard to say we're near the end.
    Apr 8, 2015. 01:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • EIA Petroleum Inventories [View news story]
    There will be no leveling off till they've contracted all the ships and use them as storage also. Land storage is still filling, ship utilization hasn't even really started.
    Apr 8, 2015. 12:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Single Mother's Income - Dividend Growth Investing [View article]
    Your portfolio sounds a lot like my late to the game retirement portfolio. Looks like we have quite a few similar holdings. Best of luck!
    Apr 8, 2015. 12:23 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Tests Pricing Tiers, Avoids Buying Content [View article]
    Short interest has increased most definitely, but this is because T has become increasingly leveraged, has had lower EPS and faces significant competition. Add in risks due to the FCC and you now have more unknowns. What would be the catalyst for the shorts to run for the doors?
    Apr 8, 2015. 12:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T Tests Pricing Tiers, Avoids Buying Content [View article]
    It's interesting you talk about content. I think this was a smart move by Comcast, as telecommunications over time gets regulated for what they are, pipes. Content will flourish it's crown yet again as king. Content is king, always has been, always will be. Add into that any kind of technology disruption and T is a dead man walking. DirectTV, gosh, that's going to help. :(
    Apr 8, 2015. 10:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will BHP Billiton Become A 'What Was I Thinking' Stock? [View article]
    hugh01,

Thanks for the comments. Wonder if Buffet has bought commodities before?
    Apr 8, 2015. 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will BHP Billiton Become A 'What Was I Thinking' Stock? [View article]
    awayk,

Sounds like we're in similar boats, thanks for the feedback. I haven't yet subscribed to fast graphs, I haven't quite broken down yet, though I'm sure I will eventually. Valuation is important, equally so is understanding the parts that make up that valuation which is why I had to go back and look at all the parts that make up BBL to figure out what was making at the lower end of it's historical range. In any case, I'll be holding BBL for a long time and will hopefully add more as pricing permits. Thanks for the comment.
    Apr 7, 2015. 05:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil Prices Rose 6% Yesterday - What Does It Mean? [View article]
    I still haven't seen any capitulation by oil companies or banks or bondholders, so I'm wondering why is the bottom in? Is a few short months of pump and store enough to shake out the market? Was demand that much greater? I'm confused.
    Apr 7, 2015. 03:20 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will BHP Billiton Become A 'What Was I Thinking' Stock? [View article]
    SeatleView,

I think your assessment is dead on. If trading in and out is your cup of tea, I think this stock definitely provides the opportunity. I've got the same macro sense that you hint at and I wish you luck with your trades. Thanks for the comments.
    Apr 7, 2015. 03:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Will BHP Billiton Become A 'What Was I Thinking' Stock? [View article]
    txcounselor,

Agree'd on all accounts!
    Apr 7, 2015. 11:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7% Raise For The Dividend Growth 50 [View article]
    I know that 25k represents all of my retirement portfolio.
    Apr 7, 2015. 10:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will BHP Billiton Become A 'What Was I Thinking' Stock? [View article]
    txcounselor,

I wish you the best of luck with your investments. For me, I'm not so much worried about the paper capital loss, as historically on the 5 and 10 year charts, we're at the bottom of a cyclical sector. I doubt I'll find greener pastures in terms of single commodity exposure risk with XOM, though I do own a little of it. I think the oil story hasn't completely unraveled, while I think the iron, copper prices have been unraveling for much longer. Either way, I wish you luck.
    Apr 7, 2015. 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment