Shelby Cardozo

View Shelby Cardozo's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 3 Dividend Aristocrats Near 52-Week Lows [View article]
    I covered PG in June, it's still pretty low at current.

June - http://bit.ly/1OR4aBV

Off the top of my head I think there was some PE problems. With the most recent quarter, I haven't dug into it, but one thing I wanted to do in June but didn't was to try and work out what would happen to PG if the dollar weakened. With the dollar being so strong the headwinds for PG are significant. Certainly I think management is aware, but little they can do. It's close to its 52 week low, close to it's 5 year yield highs, but still above its average PE if I recall. I own it, may add more, but want to buy it at a cheaper price.
    Aug 5, 2015. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The McDonald's Revolution Will Not Be Reported [View article]
    truckster,

I think you hit the nail on the head, look at the FCF, debt/equity ratios and try to imagine a global restaurant chain and the challenges it faces. I can't imagine all the latter but I can examine the former. I think we're okay for a quite a few years even with declines in comps.
    Aug 5, 2015. 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Aristocrats Near 52-Week Lows [View article]
    paz401,

As of June CVX represented 5.86% of my portfolio, XOM was 2.34%. Though the percentages are lower now due to portfolio contributions. I contribute a few hundred dollars every two weeks to the portfolio and acquire stocks every few weeks. Nearly 10% of the portfolio is related to the energy sector. There's an article about it here.

Aug 5, 2015. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The McDonald's Revolution Will Not Be Reported [View article]
    Robert Cleveland,

Stores full of customers, but comps are still down year over year. They're coming, just less of them. It is difficult sometimes to wrap my brain around the local perceptions and think both globally and nationally when I have never seen a MCD in China, India, or the middle east, let alone in Wisconsin.
    Aug 5, 2015. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The McDonald's Revolution Will Not Be Reported [View article]
    myliu888,

I'll wait for a pullback before adding, but suspect that the $100 barrier will be broken in the future.
    Aug 5, 2015. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The McDonald's Revolution Will Not Be Reported [View article]
    goorange44,

I'm right there with you, similar cost basis!
    Aug 5, 2015. 10:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The McDonald's Revolution Will Not Be Reported [View article]
    rcm438,

I enjoy the exercise and so lets travel down this path. Operation headwinds, brand in shambles, errant public perceptions, economic abnormalities related to wages, an erratic menu, healthcare, food and something called "occupancy costs". Lets assume these are all true, exactly as you say they are.

My next question then is, given the FCF, debt to equity and global assets under its belt, how long do you think MCD can continue on as they are right now?

I'm betting it can go on for many years, while still returning cash to shareholders, but I'm eager to hear your answer.
    Aug 5, 2015. 10:48 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The McDonald's Revolution Will Not Be Reported [View article]
    xbureaurat,

MCD will continue their dividend increases, but delay the increase announcement from September to November I believe. If it comes early great.
    Aug 5, 2015. 10:44 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Portfolio Business Plan 2015 - An Expansion Of The Bench [View article]
    Great article.
    Aug 5, 2015. 01:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Disney -2.3% as Q3 revenues fall short; profits up 11% [View news story]
    What about the 1.5 billion Disney just guaranteed to spend in Anaheim, or the unannounced multi billion add on at WDW. Lots of money going into the parks over the next few years.
    Aug 4, 2015. 11:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Aristocrats Near 52-Week Lows [View article]
    anonymoose,

Yeah PG was on last in the series. More downside ahead for PG as well I think. Though a lot of currency headwinds can be to blame along with the produce line issues.

Aug 4, 2015. 11:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Aristocrats Near 52-Week Lows [View article]
    gabby1945,

I agree with your assessment.
    Aug 4, 2015. 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Aristocrats Near 52-Week Lows [View article]
    Hmm, $65 for WMT, would be a P/E of around 13, not likely but possible. Hasn't happened in the last 5 years, but has happened for a short period of time in the last 10. I'll be there with ya at $65 if it happens again. :D
    Aug 4, 2015. 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Aristocrats Near 52-Week Lows [View article]
    riddix,

Sounds like we're in the same boat.
    Aug 4, 2015. 07:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dividend Aristocrats Near 52-Week Lows [View article]
    I'd like to say my tables ate my homework. Submitted correction for some reason, it also improperly formatted something else. Thanks.
    Aug 4, 2015. 07:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment