Shiraz Lakhi

View Shiraz Lakhi's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How To Achieve 20% Plus Yield Using A Simple Strategy And Beating Smart Money [View article]
    I agree - the 'best case scenario' expressed in the entry/strike differential portrays hidden optimism (almost misleading, had it not been for the caveat), rather than reality... should not be in the excel diagrams. I respect the author though, he has done some exceptional (deep detail) articles for specific companies. Regarding options - for me, it's always been a no-brainer to sell/write near-term put options on stocks I want to own (recently example QCOM), as opposed to the more elaborate "long-term, beat the professionals" advocacy portrayed in these type of articles.
    Nov 19, 2014. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm: Offers Strong Value Buy Opportunity On Current Pullback [View article]
    Thank you for the positive/constructive comment - yes absolutely, the P/E compression analysis over time is something I have used extensively in my portfolio picks, and am looking at developing further in my stock screener / chart engine - with a 3-5 year look-back period - the screener will also include historical perspective - 5 year charts - on other key ratio's (Price/EBIT, Price/EBITDA, Price/FCF, Price/Book AND Price/Tangible-Book, EnterpriseValue/EBIT, EV/FCF). This will be a valuable feature/impetus for visual analysis of specific companies (similar to QCOM) with compressed P/x (or EV/x) ratio's across varying time periods.
    Oct 26, 2014. 07:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the positive feedback - I am humbled. Bought QCOM today / filled between 74.40-74.44 (additional pullback was a bonus) - time will tell if this pays off - quietly confident...
    Oct 22, 2014. 02:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pricing In Q4 - Apple Already Trading At 20% Premium Above Fundamental Value Ratios [View article]
    Don't get me wrong - I am not in any way playing Apple down, or advocating negativity. Apple has surprised time and again, is likely to continue doing so, and competitors are quietly humbled by the standards this brand sets across the industry. The point I want to get across is - at the current valuations relative to recent quarters, at least in the short term, the current stock price has likely priced in all expectations of record sales in Q4.
    Oct 20, 2014. 03:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple vs Netflix - Making A Case For What Could Emerge As The Perfect "Long AAPL/Short NFLX" Pair Trade... [View instapost]
    Forgive me if I sound flippant (sincerely not intended) - but with every investment there is a risk. Successful investor apply calculated risk to their investments, such as hedging during broader market uncertainty. In this case, of course if NFLX goes up and AAPL down, then the trade will produce a loss. The object, in the spirit of the article, is to place the probability of a successful trade (the edge) in our favor. Respectfully, Shiraz
    Jun 28, 2011. 05:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks With Low Price to Free-Cash-Flow and Strong Institutional Buying [View article]
    I could not agree more. Respectfully, Shiraz
    Jun 18, 2011. 05:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Absolutely - it is shooting up as we speak...
    Jun 18, 2011. 05:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, on this occasion NCT hit the mark. NCT shot up over 27% Friday. I maintain, the best fundamental indicator I know and use daily has to be the Free Cash Flow To Enterprise Value. Looking at "RUTH" and "TNAV" entries Monday, based on same principle.
    Jun 18, 2011. 05:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment