Shlomo Wiesen

View Shlomo Wiesen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Google's Slimming Search Audience: Social Media Vs. Personalization [View article]
    Haha, good question. It's a 'keep an eye on them' sort of thing.
    May 11 03:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Google+ is still data mining at its VERY worst."

Lol great line!
    Apr 12 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yea, I didn't cover mobile here but will in future articles.
    Apr 10 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the reply, good to engage with you on this.
    Apr 10 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I didn't talk about Google+ because those statistics are phantom numbers. Anyone with a gmail account was literally coerced into a Google+ account. Registrations and even active users don't matter- technically I am a daily Google+ user even though I don't use it for anything.

And no, I cannot quantify my statement that ppl are using social media for search, I could not find a suitable statistic. But the point was that ppl are using social media for search purposes, so by definition, logically speaking, that would seem to take away from search numbers. Fair point?
    Apr 10 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Well, they've been in the data center game for a long time, and have done it quite economically- read In The Plex by Steven Levy to get a great idea of how cheap Google was early on, and squeezed 5x the efficiency out of their data centers than other behemoths.
    Apr 10 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I mostly agree about NSA- im just saying it pushes ppl that direction, and you cannot ignore the incredible spike that DuckDuckGo experiences right after the PRISM leak...

The powerhouse of social media is here to stay and evolving into a head-on collision with search
    Apr 10 01:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    But who uses Google+ ?
    400 million ghost accounts
    Apr 10 01:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Emulating DuckDuckGo Search Results? [View instapost]
    nope
    Mar 31 03:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Emulating DuckDuckGo Search Results? [View instapost]
    For the record, I still think Google is a better engine than DDG, as DDG simply crawls other engines. But yea, the amount of data that Google has is alarming, leading people in droves to DDG and perhaps Disconnect.
    Mar 30 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Emulating DuckDuckGo Search Results? [View instapost]
    Wow...I had never heard of Disconnect before, but I love the concept. Though not as clean and easy as DDG, I'm going to try it out a bit. (Funny how they don't offer AOL or Ask in their search engine options- both have higher search market shares than DDG and Blekko)
    Mar 30 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    Google search results have now removed the underline, similar to DuckDuckGo's search results. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Mar 29 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's Wide Moat Widens Every Second [View article]
    They do if you ask them
    Mar 29 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google's Wide Moat Widens Every Second [View article]
    Society in general seems to care.
    Feb 28 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hey Google, A Search War Is About To Explode [View article]
    I agree about the knowledge graph, but also I think Marissa Mayer's peskiness will drive Yahoo back into battle for search king.
    Feb 28 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment