Shlomo Wiesen

View Shlomo Wiesen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Google's Wide Moat Widens Every Second [View article]
    Thanks for mentioning my article. I don't necessarily disagree that Google is a major player and that their personalized style of search is attractive to you and others. But that same notion, 'personalization' is what scares people away (NSA, Prism) into maybe trying DuckDuckGo or other alternatives.
    Feb 27 05:41 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hey Google, A Search War Is About To Explode [View article]
    Great points. I had initially included Amazon in my list but felt it was too e-commercy for the gist of my social search hypothesis.
    Feb 26 06:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AudioCodes: Google, WhatsUpp? [View article]
    AC buyout rumors?
    I dont think its a game changer, if Goog buys AC.

Whats app took the crown, and bouyed by their CEO's promise not to put ads on it, means theres no way or reason to think that Whats app will feel heat from a competitor such as Google
    Feb 21 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AudioCodes: Google, WhatsUpp? [View article]
    How can you compare Audio Codes to Whats App and Viber- the latter two are brand names and used by everyone, while the former is simply great technology, but offers no immediate customer base, a la the hundreds of millions of whats app users.
    Feb 21 07:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Forever Elusive Alpha [View article]
    Interesting fact about the last 5 years of Berkshire
    Feb 12 01:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    Yep. And similar logic to there being 400 million Google+ users...bc it comes automatically with email. I think if Apple were to delve into search, which they will, Google will lose.
    Jan 27 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    But in terms of profit, Search is still 86% of it, and the needle hasnt moved too much
    Jan 23 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    Fair points across the board.

I disagree about Motorola - I think Google Glass is a flop and the Nexus phones havent captured enough market share yet
    Jan 23 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CVM Insider Buying [View instapost]
    I wouldn't speculate that much. The CEO irks me, in a shady way.
    Jan 21 03:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    You have a point there, but at least DDG claims it won't be shared...for now
    Jan 21 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    Even after the NSA scandal? Doesn't seem likely
    Jan 20 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    I agree completely. Just saying that Bing is somewhat of a thorn in Google's side.
    Jan 19 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    But if you're swimming in money, and the public doesn't trust you because of NSA, then perhaps...?
    Jan 19 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    But they arent collecting it- the NSA can't come to DDG and say "start collecting this data"
    Jan 18 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Google Scared Of DuckDuckGo? [View article]
    Yes but from the PR perspective that doesn't work. Now they are making encrypted the DEFAULT setting, whereas before it was not.
    Jan 18 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment