Shlomo Wiesen

View Shlomo Wiesen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ballmer's Last Big Move? Acquire Nokia's Mobile Phone Unit [View article]
    How will this impact Nokia's patents currently owned by Vringo?
    Sep 17, 2013. 02:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    I'm just waiting until September 25th, at which time we'l have heard from JJ.
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    Thanks for reading!
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    Obama seemed to make patent reform a big deal, but in the grand scheme of things it definitely seems like a pittance on his platter of issues. Again though, as I stated above, there is the chance that due to Obama's iffy performance and follow-through on most of the bigger name items on his agenda, he might seek to leave on a high note and knock something out of the park, and that could be through patent reform.
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    Look he doesnt have much leverage now, but Google has clout and Obama will listen.
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    I can't blame Google for that.
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    Agreed. I considered Syria but I didn't want to get too political. Although, considering Obama's murky foreign policy performance, one has to wonder if he will seek to stake his claim on something that he can actually tackle rather than nefarious foreign leaders. Something tells me Obama might start thinking that he would be able to sleep easier at night if he duels with patent trolls instead of the likes of Assad and Putin.
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    And good point with the Nokia protection
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    Thanks for pointing that out. My original draft started with a defense of why Vringo is not a patent troll, (due to Lang's history and involvement), but I cut it out bc it doesnt really serve a purpose here; Vringo investors know the truth and patent reform ppl refuse to hear it.
    Sep 15, 2013. 03:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Timeline Vs. Obama's Patent Troll Plan [View article]
    That's a great point that could easily be slotted into my article- Google's blatant support of Obama, buoyed by the recent privacy snafus involving both Google and the NSA.
    Sep 14, 2013. 02:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ADT - Undervalued Franchise Able To Defend Market Position [View article]
    Are you concerned about the Vringo's lawsuit against ADT?
    Sep 13, 2013. 04:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Slow And Steady Search Attack [View article]
    Thanks! I'm still waiting for some hard news on AAPL development with SIRI though.
    Sep 10, 2013. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Slow And Steady Search Attack [View article]
    I wouldn't necessarily base my purchase of AAPL shares around the idea of SIRI overtaking Google search. Rather I am pointing out a larger idea, of AAPL using an innocuous tool in order to place the framework for future entry, i.e. the iPod and ultimately iTunes. And if my grand conjecture is correct, then yes, SIRI --could-- compete with Google. Take it how you want it...
    Sep 10, 2013. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Slow And Steady Search Attack [View article]
    I too have wondered about the Google buyout of Motorola. The patents have tremendous R&D value, more than us pedestrian investors can decipher. I've always felt that Intel enjoys being the diplomatic tech giant, despite what people claim. Going back to your previous point, I do wonder what the AAPL boardroom response was to Google's buying Motorola. I think buying VRNG, (which in turn nets them 500 Nokia patents) would be a sly response for muchhhh less cost.
    Sep 10, 2013. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Slow And Steady Search Attack [View article]
    DuckDuckGo has been surging in recent months, and i'm honestly puzzled that i havent even heard a rumor of buyout talks with either MSFT, AAPL, or YHOO. Hell, GOOG should meet with them. Blekko is the other popular minority search engine but they feel a bit spammy to me. DDG is the real up and comer.
    Sep 10, 2013. 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment