Shmulik Karpf

View Shmulik Karpf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How I Would Navigate The Troubled World Of mREITs [View article]
    RS,
    I couldn't believe that it's your name on this bearish article.... You have been a great advocate of NLY when shares traded at $17... and now you're saying - no hope??

I, on the other hand, warned investors to stay away from REITS a year ago and received quite a lot of heat from you...:-)

It's fascinating how dynamic the market can be - isn't?
    Nov 20 01:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How You Can Make Money On Acquisition Rumors [View article]
    Glad I could help Joelkatz,
    All the best,
    Aug 17 03:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oracle - Unfriendly To Shareholders [View article]
    Thanks for your comment Ravee,
    I believe that Microsoft and Cisco beat Oracle very easily when it comes to dividend payouts and share buybacks.

Keep in mind that Oracle share buyback program is just barely sufficient to cover the massive dilution caused by its stock option warrants,

much success,
    Feb 13 08:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Oracle - Unfriendly To Shareholders [View article]
    anthonyp,
    That is not "double speak" - that is precisely my point - Oracle IS indeed a fantastic business. But not for its shareholders. Hence, I do not want to be a shareholder.

No need to be sarcastic,
    much success,
    Feb 13 08:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GM: How We Made 50% On This Turnaround Play [View article]
    GOOD ARTICLE
    Feb 12 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GM: How We Made 50% On This Turnaround Play [View article]
    Sorry about that, Doron...:)
    Jan 22 12:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    Thank you for your comment Professor K.

Yes, the market moves in trends. and that is when the "buy" or the "sell" screams are heard most visually.
    Nevertheless, If there is one thing I should be getting credit for - it is the imminent warnings I issued against mREITs back at the late of the summer when everyone was shouting "Buy for income" as if this is some miracle cure for something.

Having said that, yes, CIM might actually turn out to be a great play. but not at the price it was trading than,

Jan 4 02:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    Well yrbe, you know how it is like. You can't time the market, but you should always aspire to make informed calls on it.

Jan 4 02:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    Yes, I did. Thank you for correcting me on this,

Jan 4 02:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    Not everything is priced in. Uncertainty has its benefits,

Jan 4 01:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    I am truly happy for you,
    Jan 4 01:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    hi SkiDad,
    I cannot blame you for entering this position. Everyone and his brother was shouting "buy for NLY for income" and all that hype. I did my best to try and prevent other investors from falling in this trip.

Now, if I were you - I WOULD NOT sell my position and lock a loss. In time (2 -3 years) dividends will likely compensate you for your capital loss.

best,
    Jan 4 01:57 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Microsoft As It Could Double Its Dividend To A 7% Yield [View article]
    I agree that Microsoft is a great buy and that "it certainly could afford to double the dividend from 92 cents to $1.84 per year. "

The problem with Mr. Softy is that there is a big difference between what the company can afford, and what will actually be done.

Jan 3 08:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Earn 5.3% On Gold In 2 Months [View article]
    It is my mistake. Yes, I meant strike - $52.
    Oct 22 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital - The Slippery Slope Begins [View article]
    I am sorry you feel that way.
    Do you have any argument to support your statement or are you simply another "Annaly fan"?

much success,