Shmulik Karpf

View Shmulik Karpf's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    Yes, I did. Thank you for correcting me on this,

Jan 4 02:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    Not everything is priced in. Uncertainty has its benefits,

Jan 4 01:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • mREITs In 2013 - Friend Or Foe To Dividend Payouts? [View article]
    I am truly happy for you,
    Jan 4 01:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Microsoft As It Could Double Its Dividend To A 7% Yield [View article]
    I agree that Microsoft is a great buy and that "it certainly could afford to double the dividend from 92 cents to $1.84 per year. "

The problem with Mr. Softy is that there is a big difference between what the company can afford, and what will actually be done.

Jan 3 08:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Make 22% A Year On Microsoft [View article]
    hi dkMazz,
    Yes, you need to call your broker and let him 'turn on the switch' on options in your account. You also need to remember that in most cases - a 20% deposit (of total equity obligation) is required.

Remember, you never receive a premium (cash upfront) from BUYING options, you only get this premium by SELLING them.

much success,
    Oct 11 03:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How We Made 25% On GDX In 3 Months [View article]
    Well, I probably would not have considered it back then in June, and I would not consider it now.
    Quite Frankly, I am not a big fan of leveraged ETFs. This one is really 'on steroids' with a leverage of X3. It has been my experience that this types of funds/ETFs drink up commissions and have high maintenance (due to the carry over between months). I try to avoid them altogether.

When I wish to be aggressive in a trade, I will normally go with options,

Much success,
    Sep 25 06:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage REITs Investors, Beware! [View article]
    Mr. Porter,
    We can argue about your first two points, but I definitely cannot stand your ending sentence. You see, no writer can own/be personally involved in ANTTHING he writes about, it is simply way beyond our financial capabilities. I'm sure you can understand that,

much success,
    Sep 13 02:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage REITs Investors, Beware! [View article]
    This is a simple fallacy.
    By that time, prices will already have gone down to reflect the changing environment.

You must predict this scenario PRIOR to the interest signal.
    Sep 13 01:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage REITs Investors, Beware! [View article]
    Nope, no questions.
    Enjoy your new Fridge and stove benzina,
    Sep 13 01:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How We Locked 10% On Annaly [View article]
    thejumpingsheep,

The NLY short I recommended was closed long ago... it was published here - http://seekingalpha.co...

Too bad you are not focused on making money but on making a laugh instead... I recommend you stop by the nearest store and buy yourself a comics book.

Jul 10 01:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons To Trim Apple And Buy Microsoft [View article]
    I couldn't agree more with the author.
    It is a good time for a switch.

Jun 28 03:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Make Big Profits By Trading King Coal [View article]
    hi maddynuke,
    I agree with your logic and that is exactly why I like to short CNX: it is smaller (geographically and in market cape) and it produces almost no metallurgical (high premium) coal needed for steel production, only the cheap, dirty stuff.

I think there is some misunderstanding/confu... here...
    thanks for your post,
    Jun 26 02:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Ford, Even If You Are A Long-Term Investor [View article]
    Rocco,
    As a short term option play, well, I can understand you losing your patience.

Actually, of the 2 American giants I would go with GM and not Ford. I recommended this pick 6 months ago, and we are up more than 10% on this trade. The new GM is much more ripe for success than Ford.

much success,
    May 10 02:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Staying Short On Groupon [View article]
    Thank you all for your comments.
    One comment in particular stood out and that is why cover 50% of my position.
    Well, the answer to that is pretty simple, it is called risk management and that is my style of trading. Every experience trader is well accustomed to this type of trading.
    Harry, I obviously agree with your valuations of the company, but we can both evaluate as much as we want and the market can give it its own high valuation. This will make us both suffer immensely while maintaining our short position on the stock.
    Yes, you can also sell call options on the stock and receive the premium. This will lower your over-all cost.

Much success in your trading,
    Apr 17 09:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How We Made 28% In 58 Days [View article]
    Hi Alan, thanks for the credit.
    Just to clarify- this is not merely a follow- up on my call. It is a change in the original trading instructions.
    Any trade could end up being a losing trade or a winning trade, but I was prohibited (by SA editorial team) to simply write follow ups on my articles. I tried convincing them, it didn't work.
    Therefore, the rule as to whether or not a follow- up article will appear is not its eventual outcome (win or loss).
    My trade on CHS closed, at a loss, without any deviation from the original trading instructions.
    BTW, my CHS trade is my only losing trade on SA,
    All the best and keep following,
    Apr 16 02:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment