Shortzilla

View Shortzilla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Herbalife's Disclosures Don't Add Up - Again [View article]
    Yeah working on a few things--should be out soon.
    Feb 7 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife's Disclosures Don't Add Up - Again [View article]
    Nice work on this Matt! I think this new disclosure might have made a bad situation look even worse.
    Feb 7 10:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recognizing Pyramids - Without A Lawyer, An Economist, Or The FTC [View article]
    Bravo Robert. Great, great article.
    Jan 11 02:44 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife's Lieberman Report: Smoke And Mirrors [View article]
    If you are relying on Herbalife's cash flow, then you should probably revisit your investment strategy.
    Jan 7 02:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife's Lieberman Report: Smoke And Mirrors [View article]
    Thanks, the link is wrong. Here's the video: http://bit.ly/SgeLy9
    Jan 7 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pershing Gold: Not A Daytrade But A Long-Term Investment [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I'm just curious about one thing. I noticed that Barry Honig is also a director at Chromadex, another company you recently covered. Not doubting your research, but before I committed my own capital, would like to hear if you are connected to Honig in any way? Or maybe you are just following his lead?
    Jan 5 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did The CEO Of Herbalife Violate The Fair Disclosure Rule? [View article]
    Absolutely Doghouse...I didn't mention Weiser, but she can certainly be lumped in with Ramey.
    Dec 26 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Did The CEO Of Herbalife Violate The Fair Disclosure Rule? [View article]
    Yes and No.
    Dec 26 09:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navigating The Labyrinth That Is Herbalife [View article]
    No, i didn't, because i couldn't find the costs in any of the filings. But after reading Ackman's stuff, i can see they revealed in the SEC responses. Just add it to the list. There is no possible way they can dig out of this mess.
    Dec 22 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Navigating The Labyrinth That Is Herbalife [View article]
    There are packaging and handling charges and then there are shipping charges. Both are levied on retail sales figures. Why?

A distributor pays 7% to Herbalife for the company to package its goods. But the 7% is extremely misleading. No one buys at retail. As pointed out, Herbalife is essentially charging up to 14% (based on the actual purchase price) for Herbalife to box up the goods. Does this seem fair to you?

You seem to be missing the point that that 7% (based on retail) is just for 'packaging and handling'. There is a completely separate shipping charge - which is also based on the retail price.

All that we are trying to point out is that the packaging, shipping and handling revenues for Herbalife seem to be extremely high.

Ackman had a slide in his presentation yesterday, which compared Herbalife's shipping and handling revenues in comparison to Avon. I suggest you go take a look.
    Dec 21 11:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fraud Is Unlikely At New Oriental Education [View article]
    Thanks for response Adam. I read your reasons and the report. I guess my point is that the timing just seems a bit suspicious. I'll look into it a bit further.
    Oct 12 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fraud Is Unlikely At New Oriental Education [View article]
    I'm a newcomer to the EDU story, but let me ask just one question. EDU forms a special committee in July to investigate the Muddy Waters allegations and then all of a sudden a research outfit with no prior research pops up and writes a report saying that EDU is clean? Smells fishy to me. Adam, why are you assuming that these guys have no connections to EDU?
    Oct 12 09:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Workday (WDAY) has raised its IPO price range to $24-$26 from a prior $21-$24. That gives the company, which is looking to sell 22.75M shares, a market cap of $3.85B-$4.17B. The IPO is expected to price on Thursday night, and begin trading on Friday. (S-1) (more[View news story]
    What about Servicenow (NOW)? Current Cap = $4.5 Billion
    Oct 9 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Dot Still A Buy [View article]
    Well, looks like my suspicions were well founded:

Oct 8 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Dot Still A Buy [View article]
    Nice story--with great detail. I'm neither long nor short the stock, but if I were long, I'd want to be rock solid certain that the Walmart revenues were secure--that's a HUGE risk. Have you done any digging on that? Thanks.
    Sep 20 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment