Shortzilla

View Shortzilla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Monster Energy - The Momo Train Is Letting Off Passengers, Time To Short [View article]
    I agree Henry...this thing was ready to go--really just a timing issue with posting. The thing is that I still like the short here, regardless of timing.
    Sep 13 04:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sep 13 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sep 13 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah we were a bit late in posting, but i still like the short even here....
    Sep 13 03:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Fish Rots From The Head Down, And Arm Holdings Is Starting To Smell [View article]
    Fair enough i missed that part...thank you.
    Sep 12 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    chipset, some of your arguments i agree with here, some I'm not certain about because of the fact that ARM is sort of a complex valuation case. but you might as well delete that 'Innovative Companies' link. thinking it actually might be a decent list to find some short candidates:

*The Innovation Premium is a measure of how much investors have bid up the stock price of a company above the value of its existing business based on expectations of future innovative results (new products, services and markets)
    Sep 12 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Put Some Magic In Your Portfolio With This Fast-Growing Telecom [View article]
    Maybe complaining yes, but to a novice investor, they see Bret's #4 ranking and probably just buy this stock blindly. I am just acknowledging that Bret should provide some more analysis on his opinion. The fact that his opinion differs from mine is fine, I would like to just see some more evidence to back up his story. That is all.
    Sep 6 12:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    HA that's pretty comical. That's two of three out of hundreds that aren't posted here. Plus the losses taken on those two losers was roughly 10% combined versus (thanks to stop losses) a current 63%+ gain on Life Partners.

I won't argue my track record, you can see it for yourself on our website. I will argue the fact that you continue to post nonsense articles to collect a check from Seeking Alpha, while failing to provide readers with any sort of analysis on the companies.

In fact, I'm not so sure you even wrote this story, maybe it was your robot?
    Sep 6 11:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Bret, I hate to keep picking on you, but you really need to start doing some research before you post these useless articles.

Have you noticed the short interest by any chance? Do you know why it might be at 60% of the float? Do you do any sort of research besides just posting what the company provides?
    Sep 6 11:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is This The End Of Life Partners Holdings? [View article]
    Nice article Harry---i'm surprised that this thing isn't at .50 by now. I can't seem to figure it out, and maybe it is true that Pardo is boosting the share price with offshore purchases.

I read his response to the Texas suit and his claims are that since they have 45 million in assets, including 10 million in cash and no debt, they are on solid financial ground.

Now if we look at the assets--6.3 million is in that settlements trust, and 11 million are premium advances, roughly 11 million in property, land and equipment and 12 million in cash.

So currently this stock is still trading at right around book value.

But who really knows the value of the settlements trust, and well if they are put out of business by Texas, I'm sure that the stock eventually is worthless.

And it looks like they spent over a million this quarter on legal fees to battle the SEC--now add to it trying to fight off texas and we're probably looking at over 2 million in expenses next quarter.

So then add a 2 million dividend on top of that and the cash balance dwindles to 8, assuming that legal expenses aren't more than i noted.

I guess if they are victorious against Texas (which I strongly doubt) then you still have a stock with serious questions trading for book value.

I would have to think that the current risks are at least worth a 50% discount to book or $1 per share.
    Aug 17 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EPAM Systems: Recent Cash Rich IPO Continues To Impress [View article]
    No i don't have a position yet--just an observation on your analysis.
    Aug 13 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EPAM Systems: Recent Cash Rich IPO Continues To Impress [View article]
    Sorry and no offense, but are you really basing your buy recommendation on the fact that sell side analysts have a target price above the current one? This is not what I would consider concrete and sound analysis.

Not a mention of revenue guidance cut due to loss of revs from biggest customer -Thomson Reuters?

No mention of upcoming lockup and 43% ownership of private equity fund?

C'mon man--these type of articles are pretty much useless.
    Aug 13 01:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Osiris Therapeutics, A Short-Seller's Dream [View article]
    Maybe not explicitly whispering in my ear and telling me, but I was aware of the pending review in Canada, noticed the uptick in price on stronger than average volume, and felt that something might be up-hence we exited the position.
    Jul 2 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Osiris Therapeutics, A Short-Seller's Dream [View article]
    Truman-you're right we got this one wrong...but also you'll see that i mentioned that i covered April 25th at $5.40 for a small loss. I noticed from the charts that the stock was likely going to get Canadian approval and i was right. Therefore while the stock has run up, I really haven't loss much at all. The fact that I acknowledged the risks ahead and got out should say something right?
    Jun 21 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stamps.com: Insider Selling, Counter-Intuitive Financial Trends Suggest Return To Sender [View article]
    Yeah i don't get it. It appears that maybe the USPS doesn't have the confidence in its own infrastructure to go at it alone maybe? Would rather hand off the lower cost mail options to others to cut down on customer service costs? I mean the USPS still gets paid, but there is no reason they shouldn't offer these other options for free as well.

Any insight Tim if to that is true? On past calls, STMP makes it seem as if they have done a bit of hand holding and guiding of the USPS in building their online presence. IF this is indeed true--what happens when the training wheels come off? What if some of the resources that might have gone to a closed branch (or hundreds) is used to beef up the online presence.

It only makes sense right?
    Jun 14 11:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment