Shortzilla

View Shortzilla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Navigating The Labyrinth That Is Herbalife [View article]
    There are packaging and handling charges and then there are shipping charges. Both are levied on retail sales figures. Why?

A distributor pays 7% to Herbalife for the company to package its goods. But the 7% is extremely misleading. No one buys at retail. As pointed out, Herbalife is essentially charging up to 14% (based on the actual purchase price) for Herbalife to box up the goods. Does this seem fair to you?

You seem to be missing the point that that 7% (based on retail) is just for 'packaging and handling'. There is a completely separate shipping charge - which is also based on the retail price.

All that we are trying to point out is that the packaging, shipping and handling revenues for Herbalife seem to be extremely high.

Ackman had a slide in his presentation yesterday, which compared Herbalife's shipping and handling revenues in comparison to Avon. I suggest you go take a look.
    Dec 21, 2012. 11:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fraud Is Unlikely At New Oriental Education [View article]
    Thanks for response Adam. I read your reasons and the report. I guess my point is that the timing just seems a bit suspicious. I'll look into it a bit further.
    Oct 12, 2012. 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fraud Is Unlikely At New Oriental Education [View article]
    I'm a newcomer to the EDU story, but let me ask just one question. EDU forms a special committee in July to investigate the Muddy Waters allegations and then all of a sudden a research outfit with no prior research pops up and writes a report saying that EDU is clean? Smells fishy to me. Adam, why are you assuming that these guys have no connections to EDU?
    Oct 12, 2012. 09:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Workday (WDAY) has raised its IPO price range to $24-$26 from a prior $21-$24. That gives the company, which is looking to sell 22.75M shares, a market cap of $3.85B-$4.17B. The IPO is expected to price on Thursday night, and begin trading on Friday. (S-1) (more[View news story]
    What about Servicenow (NOW)? Current Cap = $4.5 Billion
    Oct 9, 2012. 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Dot Still A Buy [View article]
    Well, looks like my suspicions were well founded:

Oct 8, 2012. 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Dot Still A Buy [View article]
    Nice story--with great detail. I'm neither long nor short the stock, but if I were long, I'd want to be rock solid certain that the Walmart revenues were secure--that's a HUGE risk. Have you done any digging on that? Thanks.
    Sep 20, 2012. 05:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monster Energy - The Momo Train Is Letting Off Passengers, Time To Short [View article]
    I agree Henry...this thing was ready to go--really just a timing issue with posting. The thing is that I still like the short here, regardless of timing.
    Sep 13, 2012. 04:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sep 13, 2012. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sep 13, 2012. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah we were a bit late in posting, but i still like the short even here....
    Sep 13, 2012. 03:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Fish Rots From The Head Down, And Arm Holdings Is Starting To Smell [View article]
    Fair enough i missed that part...thank you.
    Sep 12, 2012. 07:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    chipset, some of your arguments i agree with here, some I'm not certain about because of the fact that ARM is sort of a complex valuation case. but you might as well delete that 'Innovative Companies' link. thinking it actually might be a decent list to find some short candidates:

*The Innovation Premium is a measure of how much investors have bid up the stock price of a company above the value of its existing business based on expectations of future innovative results (new products, services and markets)
    Sep 12, 2012. 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Put Some Magic In Your Portfolio With This Fast-Growing Telecom [View article]
    Maybe complaining yes, but to a novice investor, they see Bret's #4 ranking and probably just buy this stock blindly. I am just acknowledging that Bret should provide some more analysis on his opinion. The fact that his opinion differs from mine is fine, I would like to just see some more evidence to back up his story. That is all.
    Sep 6, 2012. 12:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    HA that's pretty comical. That's two of three out of hundreds that aren't posted here. Plus the losses taken on those two losers was roughly 10% combined versus (thanks to stop losses) a current 63%+ gain on Life Partners.

I won't argue my track record, you can see it for yourself on our website. I will argue the fact that you continue to post nonsense articles to collect a check from Seeking Alpha, while failing to provide readers with any sort of analysis on the companies.

In fact, I'm not so sure you even wrote this story, maybe it was your robot?
    Sep 6, 2012. 11:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Bret, I hate to keep picking on you, but you really need to start doing some research before you post these useless articles.

Have you noticed the short interest by any chance? Do you know why it might be at 60% of the float? Do you do any sort of research besides just posting what the company provides?
    Sep 6, 2012. 11:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment