Shortzilla

View Shortzilla's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Stamps.com: Insider Selling, Counter-Intuitive Financial Trends Suggest Return To Sender [View article]
    Good write up, but I honestly think you missed the biggest risk of all: The USPS currently offers online shipment services with no monthly fee. While they don't currently offer all that you can get via Stamps.com such as media mail, first class mail, regular stamps, etc, this could change at the blink of an eye.

What's stopping the USPS from adding a few more selections on their site at the expense of Stamps.com (and others)? This in my mind could wipe out Stamps.com.

-SZ
    Jun 13, 2012. 10:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Qihoo's Browser Really Have 60% Market Share In China? [View instapost]
    Hi Matt--great analysis---if you have a chance shoot me an email at info@shortzilla.com. Just a couple of china related questions for you.

Thanks
    -SZ
    May 24, 2012. 10:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Osiris Therapeutics, A Short-Seller's Dream [View article]
    We covered April 25th at $5.40 for a small loss. Didn't really like the action we were seeing in the stock and felt that there might be upcoming Canada news that would go against us. We were right about that - and while I was wrong in assuming that Canada approval wouldn't get done-- it still could be a good short. Just staying on the sidelines for now.
    May 19, 2012. 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • USANA Health Sciences: Investors Need To Know The Truth About This MLM Company [View article]
    Uhh pio, that's where you are wrong my friend.

The 222,000 Associates account for 90% of overall revenues. So even though there are 64,000 preferred customers, the fraction of revenues they provide in comparison to associates is small.
    May 15, 2012. 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No you're the ignorant one.

I am in no way protecting a short.

I have done my research on this company and thus decided to go short.

There's a big difference.

I only provide the facts that I have researched and in my opinion believe that my short thesis is the right one.

Like many others before us and after us, there is obviously a difference of opinion. This is what makes the market go up and down.

I personally have not examined Nordic or Glaxo--maybe I should? But for the time being this is my case and I stand by it. I thank you for your opinion.
    May 14, 2012. 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Alan don't fall for the nonsense. Any time I see these yahoos come out of the woodwork-i know that I have a great short on my hands.

The whole Biomega fish oil comparison is ludicrous.

If I want to purchase pharmaceutical grade double molecular distillation fish oil I can hop over to Amazon and purchase a bottle containing 270 pills for $26 (of what appears to me to be identical to what is offered by USANA).

USANA is charging retail $23.94 ($19.95 is if you are a distributor enrolled in Autoship).

The Biomega from USANA contains 56 pills. Try to find the EPA and DHA content on the USANA site--I couldn't (http://bit.ly/JvL30K)

From my searches on Google I find (in a somewhat deceiving description of the product) that a 'daily dose' or two pills contains 1050mg of EPA and DHA. Guess what? If i took a daily dose of those Amazon pills then I'm getting 1000mg of DHA and EPA. It's the same thing.

And for my purchase of Biomega I get a product that based on the amount of pills received-should retail for about $5.70. (or ten cents a pill. (Based on the related product on Amazon $26/270 pills)

Therefore the USANA product is 320% overpriced.

Do we all understand that they HAVE to do this?
    May 14, 2012. 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Alan! Nope didn't buy the book. : )

Yes I think the legitimacy comes with transparency. There is none here and with many competitors such as HLF.

If the SEC Filings included associate turnover, and % Retail sales to non-associates and preferred customers then I would feel confident in the transparency. The problem is that these numbers in my opinion will never be provided-due to the fact that they would expose the company for what it truly is.
    May 12, 2012. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Star Scientific: Widely Shorted for Good Reason [View article]
    Martin, this is a great story. What are your opinons on the RJR case? Not sure if you are still following Star.
    Apr 15, 2012. 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Star Scientific [View article]
    The 'Zilla is on to this racket. Dr, could you please enlighten your followers as to what your compensation is from Star Scientific?
    Apr 15, 2012. 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Short Life Partners Holdings [View article]
    Yes very good timing. Looking good at this point. Let's hope the raid is on!
    Apr 11, 2012. 10:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Short Life Partners Holdings [View article]
    Great point Harry. You appear to be right in regards to cash. Either way, the company is in big trouble. Not sure how far $10 million will go- especially with the current state of the business.. And good luck trying to borrow anything will all of the legal problems.
    Apr 6, 2012. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Osiris Therapeutics, A Short-Seller's Dream [View article]
    Yes i have listened to the call. And I stand by my opinion. In fact I listened to the call again this evening. What is it that you see here that I have missed?

Osiris sounds like that girl you dumped in grade school that can't get the hint. Sanofi dropped Prochymal--Plain and simple. Sure it was done via a press release-but likely in my mind Sanofi probably sees a drug that is never going to get approval.

Sure, Osiris has come out defending itself, claiming that it will move forward without Sanofi as a partner, or some other suitor. If Sanofi didn't want it, who will? Please tell me.

With Sanofi out of the picture, Osiris is now a cash burning machine with no big brother to prop it up.
    Mar 31, 2012. 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where To Find Shorts [View article]
    Thanks Ed, as opposed to Valueplay, i liked the article. Question: what is your experience in shorting OTC BB companies? I've tried several times through my broker but to no avail. Cheers CS
    Mar 29, 2012. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Furiex Pharmaceutical's Coming Events Could Boost Stock Price [View article]
    Hey Roy, nice article. I had a few questions for you. If you get a chance, mind emailing me at info@shortzilla.com? Thanks! CS
    Mar 28, 2012. 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cytori Is A Compelling Short Sale Opportunity [View article]
    nice analysis...taking a further look for Shortzilla subscribers.
    Mar 19, 2012. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment