To screen ETFs by asset class, performance, yield and more, check out the
Author Following Options:
Follow this author
See their articles on your Seeking Alpha homepage and in your feed.
Real-time alerts on this author
Get their new articles emailed to you as they are published.
Daily digest on all my authors
Get all your favorite authors’ new articles emailed to you in one daily digest.
View as an RSS Feed
Oracle Foretells Huge Growth for Mellanox; SanDisk's Strong Status
the comment below shows how little you know about Sandisk...
The second executive is Dan Inbar, who is responsible for the entire OEM segment, which stands at the base of the successful business model of msystems, which was adopted with stunning success by SanDisk as well.
Jan 26, 2011. 02:43 PM
Link to Comment
PHK Carnage Continues: Who Smells Smoke?
Couple of questions/comments:
1. PHK really dropped big last week of Dec - so there was probably a lot of portfolio/tax loss selling going on. The writer's comments doesn't explain why suddenly there is a big move up in the last couple of days.
2. If PHK is trading at a premium why is this premium justified whereas JNK and others in the same space do not have the same premium. It could be due to the types of holdings under PHK compared to JNK and their relative potential for upside?
3. I am trying to understand how a portfolio of bonds yielding 4-6% gives a yield of 13%. That would mean a lot of asset sales (
) which would only serve in INCREASE the premium to NAV at which PHK trades. The premium has been fairly steady or is it that the rate of appreciation of the underlying bonds is greater than the rate of sales?
4. If Bernanke was to raise short terms rates 0.5%. What impact would the underlying bonds price be - what would be the premium impact?
5. I wonder if there is a arbitrage opportunity - buy the underlying bonds of PHK and short the fund. Someone who sold $80 million worth of PHK would have the means to construct such a portfolio?
Jan 7, 2010. 10:54 AM
Link to Comment
Xignite quote data
© 2015 Seeking Alpha