View Siddharth Dalal's Articles BY TICKER:
Genius Of The Tesla 70D: Sell More Cars, Use Fewer Batteries
- Tesla recently announced the 70D.
- This will help Tesla meet demand with lower battery usage.
- That means more batteries for storage and I will look at how big storage can potentially be.
- This may also provide a test bed for the Model X battery.
Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice
- My Netflix earnings predictions have been spot on twice in a row.
- Using my Netflix Model, I will attempt to estimate the next two quarters.
- I will also attempt to refine my model to more accurately predict revenue and share dilution, which caused my EPS predictions to be off by a cent.
- There are several other items that can affect Netflix earnings this quarter and I will discuss those and what potential impact they could have.
Understanding The Scale Of Tesla's Battery Pack Production
- In a previous article I explored the potential of electricity storage for Tesla and I hope to address many comments with this one.
- I will summarize the current state of Tesla's pack production.
- I will also demonstrate the enormous scale of the undertaking and why other companies are unlikely to catch up.
- I will attempt to explain how the Gigafactory will achieve cost savings.
Tesla's Not So Well Kept Secret Card
- Tesla makes the cheapest but still the best EV batteries out there.
- SolarCity installs Tesla batteries in two different setups.
- The Gigafactory output gives us clues about the availability of more batteries for energy storage.
- The energy storage industry is expected to grow very fast and Tesla will likely be a leader in batteries.
Tesla's Order Backlog And Why It Is Worth More Than Porsche
- Porsche has shown great growth in the last few years.
- However, Porsche's growth pales in comparison to Tesla.
- Tesla's Customer Deposits rose to a record $228M, implying exploding worldwide demand and constant backlog of several months.
In The Land Of Irrelevant Numbers, Tesla Gave Us A Goldmine
- Tesla Superchargers are a profit center, not a cost.
- Recently Tesla blogged about actual charging numbers which were painted as irrelevant to investors.
- I will use those numbers to expand on my previous calculations on supercharger profits.
JA Solar Beats, Invest On The Cheap With Options
- JA Solar reported earnings early this morning, with EPS of 23c on revenues of $366m.
- The stock trades at a discount compared to peers.
- Options provide a way to invest in the stock at discounted rates. Warning: they are thinly traded.
Tesla Earnings Call Decimates Most Bear Arguments
- Tesla reported good earnings numbers on Wednesday, and guidance was fantastic.
- In its Letter to Investors and Earnings Call, it negated the most important bear thesis of slowing North American demand.
- Customer deposits also rose significantly, indicating robust worldwide demand for Model S and Model X. I'll attempt to estimate Model S backlog.
- Gigafactory is on track, and updates were very promising.
Fleet Economics And The Underestimation Of Chinese Tesla Demand
- Recent news from China about Tesla's demand has not yet made it to the international media and this article presents a rare opportunity to act on Tesla before everyone else.
- Tesla has already started getting incentives from Chinese cities like Shanghai. Tesla has unexpectedly large fleet sales in China.
- Based on these items Chinese demand for Tesla is being underestimated.
- I will also attempt to calculate savings to fleets by switching to Tesla's.
The Tesla Big Picture For Investors
- There has been a lot of recent news from Tesla that has been heavily covered such as their China launch and some not heavily covered such as their Lathrop facility.
- There is also rampant poor speculation and misinformation spreading around about Tesla demand and I will attempt to estimate Tesla Q1 sales before earnings.
- Based on news and Tesla statements, I will create a timeline for Tesla going forward to give investors the big picture of Tesla's future.
How Good Is The 2014 Outlook For Netflix? An Updated Look In Numbers
- I was spot on with my Netflix earnings predictions for this quarter and this article is an update to my Netflix Model based on Q1 results.
- I will model Netflix's subscriber growth and estimate revenue and profits per subscriber.
- Based on that I will attempt to estimate Netflix's numbers going forward for the rest of the year.
GM's Ignition Vs. Tesla's Titanium And 'Befuddling' Peak Deliveries
- Tesla's titanium underbody should be a minor cost and is a major publicity win for Tesla.
- GM's ongoing recall woes could have a long term detrimental impact on the company.
- The close proximity of these events are a long-term negative for the auto dealer lobby and positive for the direct sales model.
- Tesla should beat this quarter's guidance based on available sales data. Have Model S deliveries in the US really peaked?
Tesla's Game Of The States
- Tesla is battling many states for direct sales leading to improvement in its brand awareness.
- The Gigafactory is a bargaining chip with Texas and Arizona for direct sales and a battle Tesla might win.
- These heavily covered battles are a long term positive for the brand and auto dealers are just accelerating their own demise.
- A lot of positive news is expected out of Tesla near term and the stock has taken a beating on no news indicating a possible recovery.
- Just How Profitable Can Tesla's Supercharging Be?
- When Is Tesla Going To $1000?
- Tesla Guidance, Analyzing Model S Demand And Customer Deposits
- 7 Things To Look For During Tesla Earnings
- How Promising Is The 2014 Outlook For Netflix? A Look In Numbers
- Impact Of Chinese Pricing On Tesla's Growth
- Looking Beyond Tesla As An Auto Company
- Tata Motors: Growth At A Discount
- Tesla Superchargers: The Charging Chicken And Egg Problem
- Predicting Pandora's Earnings
- Chinese Solar Manufacturer Pick
- Superchargers As A Profit Center For Tesla
- Why Bears Are So Wrong About Tesla
- American Solar Pick: SunPower Vs. SolarCity Vs. First Solar
- The American Power Grid And The Economics And Greenness Of Tesla's Luxury Electric Vehicles
- Looking At Tesla's Most Overlooked Number: Customer Deposits
- Shipping Container Dividends: Textainer Group Holdings Vs. TAL International Group
- Social Media Darling Stocks Compared - Twitter Vs. LinkedIn Vs. Facebook Using Google As A Benchmark
- An Analysis Of Pandora After Earnings