Siddharth Dalal

View Siddharth Dalal's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    <<Now to improve my model for next Q.>>

But my gut says more downside coming.
    Oct 16 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    I have no PT. But possible further downside is coming. Their guidance is dismal. 0.44 EPS is BS. The price increase is irrelevant.
    Oct 16 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    <<I guess the author learned the hard way, that past doesn't predict the future when it comes to stock market.>>

- Everybody knows that. Now to improve my model for next Q.
    Oct 16 08:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    "Unfortunately, subscriber growth did slow down" - actually they added more domestic subs than they did last Q. They added twice as many international subs as last Q thanks to the expansion. So subscriber growth while not slowing down missed analyst expectations.

The content obligations are thanks to their spending on new series etc. or am I wrong about that?
    Oct 16 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    <<Nothing for kids, no live or fresh contents.>>

There is plenty for kids. I know some kids who have no cable and are plenty happy with Netflix. And Netflix Originals are only getting better. My own child is happy with Amazon Prime + Netflix DVDs. Hasn't missed cable since we got rid of most of it (have Internet + HBO) a while back.

You might want to google cord cutting trends. All those people are not quitting watching TV. They are just moving to online services.
    Oct 14 08:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    <<I admit the title lead me to wanting to knock him down a few pegs.>> - got you to click though :) And comment twice.
    Oct 14 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    <<DVDs are more profitable for NFLX than streaming. So why the end of DVD processing on Saturday?>>

To make them even more profitable. I'm not a fan of how Netflix is slowly killing their DVD business. I've mentioned that in both my previous articles.

<<Europe is in worse shape than the U.S. is.>>
    No matter how bad a shape countries are in, they are still buying iPhones and still paying for cable, right? In the US people are using Netflix and Prime to cut the cord and save money.

<<Or in that new Tesla D.>>
    One day! Probably the Model 3-85-D.

<<What is the purpose of boasting about how "accurately you predicted the stock twice" if you can't price the stock, as in a PT?>>

Haha, point me to someone who can do that with any stock reliably.
    Oct 14 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    <<Thanks, Siddhartha, for spending your valuable time and humbly providing an analytical approach to results this quarter.>>

welcome!
    Oct 14 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    This exact same comment comes up every time I write about Netflix that they cannot expand to more US subscribers. That the growth must slow down. But look at the chart in the article. It hasn't. Maybe it will some day. Maybe this quarter. But that is unlikely.

Yes international expansion is problematic for the short term. But if you are worried about domestic expansion ending, you should be glad that Netflix is doing something about International expansion. Because that will be the growth when domestic growth stops.

Either way trying to guess what the stock price does is a crap shoot.
    Oct 14 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    <<Again, if you're so on-the-mark like an "oracle", and possess such financial acuity on NFLX, shouldn't you have a position?>>

If I could predict the stock price as well as earnings, I would take a position. I already explained to you that I see more gains from beat up solars so even if I am accurate, I see better returns elsewhere.
    Oct 14 02:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    I'm not a trader. I generally hold on to things long term. Currently I have no capital to deploy and if I did, Netflix is not on my list (heavily massacred solar stocks are). This is not a recommendation to invest in Netflix, just an attempt to predict earnings.
    Oct 14 12:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • There Is Something In The 'D' Which Might Prompt Direct Competition [View article]
    Ah I see. So you comment on something you don't even bother to read. And make up rules for SA that don't even exist because you made a comment based on ignorance. Marketlost FTW.
    Oct 14 09:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    "You do know this is actually a violation of SA rules, correct?" - that is why SA puts a link to my personal web page at the top of all my articles. They just love breaking their own rules.

P.S. Which expert am I? The one from Motortrend or the one from the Porsche website? Or do you disagree with them or with me about the point I made?
    Oct 14 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix 2014 Outlook Update After Predicting Accurately Twice [View article]
    "The kind of stuff that can get played back to you." - and it probably will this quarter. But it will only help make my model better for the future. I'm already planning on splitting domestic streaming, international streaming and DVD and looking at them separately in more detail than usual after the impact of the current changes is known.
    Oct 14 08:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Greets Tesla Game Changer With Yawn [View article]
    Avg. German 2013 electricity price - http://bit.ly/1o7HqFu - 18.8c/kWh

Also solar is cheaper than US in Germany.
    Oct 13 10:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment