Siddharth Dalal

View Siddharth Dalal's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or SolarCity? [View article]
    Yes. Never. Unless you live in an extremely dusty environment. Nothing happens to a roof warranty. Panels increase the life of the roof.
    May 6, 2015. 11:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    Reporting second hand misleading comments as usual. This rumor was debunked on the Tesla conference call.
    May 6, 2015. 10:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    Ron, you're the one bad mouthing the competition that is taking over your business and calling me biased. Hilarious.

You are also bad mouthing the safety of the Tesla battery for no apparent reason. You couldn't get any to sell So you have to malign it trying to make the products you sell sound better.

It's like car dealers bad mouthing Tesla while all the evidence shows that Tesla cars are better than anything they have to offer.

The Tesla roadster had been on the road since 2008. No BMS failures. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
    May 6, 2015. 10:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    "SolarCity has made us and our contractors (now numbering in the thousands) rich by helping to promote awareness about solar"

Well then quit criticizing them. They are now bigger than you, growing faster than you and will probably fulfil your dream.
    May 6, 2015. 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    "We are one of the oldest names in the PV sorage industry and have sold storage based systems nationwide since the late 90s." - I see then why are you bashing SolarCity? You should have nothing but praise for the company that is fulfilling your dream - putting Solar on every rooftop.

"Since the beginning our customer's safety came first. Li-ion batteries in my professional opinion have not yet reached the level of safety that is necessary for widespread residential applications due to their potential for catastrophic thermal runaway."
    - you have no idea about Tesla or their batteries then or your myopic vision of the past is preventing you from seeing it.

"There have been enough deaths and injuries associated with this technology" and yet you recommend a generator over the Tesla battery. Hypocrisy at best.
    May 6, 2015. 08:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    @Solarbroker4 - so nobody should buy anything if they could possibly have issues. Nobody should buy a generator.
    May 6, 2015. 05:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    "There's JuiceBox, GE, Samsung SDI, LG Chem, Saft Group, Stem, Sonnenbatterie just to name a few."
    Price on these?
    Warranty on these?
    Availability?

We already know the price from SolarCity for the Tesla battery.

And with SCTY installing the batteries, customer knows who to go to for problems - SCTY. Who do they go to when they have a problem with one of these other batteries?
    May 6, 2015. 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    @Gordon - 10 years from now, you'd have already saved a lot of money. If you keep waiting, you'll never get a system at all.
    May 6, 2015. 04:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    @solarbroker4 "Why would they actually boost resale value ? I would not buy a house with a used potentially volatile L-ion battery pack strapped to a wall. Especially since all older batteries are prone to a higher potential for failure as they age.

Instead, I would want to buy a home with a newer battery design that a safer non-flammable electrolyte in its cells."

- Is your profile totally fake? For someone who dreams about PVs on every roof, you should be the least likely to spread misinformation and make deceptive and misleading posts about PV companies, battery technology etc. If I read posts like yours, it would automatically take you out of the running to install PVs on my house.
    May 6, 2015. 04:20 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    @solarbroker4 - pasting roboanalysis is of no use. It is completely worthless for analysis of non-traditional business models.

Also the "increasing losses" you talk about can stop anytime that SCTY wants. They could put a break on their growth today and have 55M in contracted payments essentially forever. thats 220M/year and they'd have maintenance costs of almost nothing. Say 20M/yr. 200M*P/E of 15 = $3B. Now add back in the growth to give them a decent P/E for growing 100%/year, say P/E of 45 and you have valuation of $9B.
    May 6, 2015. 03:33 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or SolarCity? [View article]
    Currently my bill stands at about 12.3c/kWh, not the 11c when I did the analysis.

"you could give the $15k to your kids or charity and take the write off" - that doesnt compare to 10% returns for life :)

How much did the EV set you back? :) - It's a leased Leaf. Sets me back 250/month.

"Note: Here in Cal, my utility company "insiders" tell me a grid-tie connect charge is on the way in some form and amount. As I said, my guess is $100/month or so." - it might be 100/year, no way it is 100/month.

"What is your cost to have a company climb on your roof and clean the panels each month?" - $0 because that is unnecessary.
    May 6, 2015. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    @kbaran - thanks for the interesting comment. I think my installer got panels from civicsolar too!

As for not owned by SCTY, did you see how small a portion that was:
    From 2014 to 2015
    Solar energy system and components sales dropped from $34,474M to $12,708M

I'm thinking consumers might opt for the loan product more than direct sales and loan payments will be not much different than lease payments because the mypower loan is a long term loan.
    May 6, 2015. 03:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    Thanks for the information!
    May 6, 2015. 03:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or SolarCity? [View article]
    Consumption currently is about 14000kWh/yr. It used to be 12 before EV and putting in a humidifier (that thing is a power suck). We have net metering too. But the option to sell the power to dominion was more lucrative because I can depreciate my panels over the 5 year contract (in the meanwhile I buy green power from Dominion for 60% of consumption). After that, I can switch to net metering and quit buying green power. I want to offset my non-renewable, non-nuclear energy hence 60% :)
    May 6, 2015. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Unstoppable Force Of SolarCity Simplified [View article]
    Good Point. I'm wondering how fast they can scale up production. Because the ramp from 1GW -> 2GW on the installation side will be superfast. I'm assuming they'll still have to source a lot of panels from others because that factory cannot grow fast enough for SCTY.
    May 6, 2015. 02:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment