Simon Trinh

View Simon Trinh's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gold And SIlver Prices Will Continue To Rally In September And October [View article]
    Thank you apberus for that very clear and concise answer. Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Sep 3 03:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with fishfryer. Thanks for taking time to comment on my article and I would love to hear more about your experiences in the market.
    Sep 1 12:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    India's economy is looking very gloomy these days, and the resulting drop in the value of its currency is making it expensive for locals to indulge their taste for metals. Higher metals prices usually leads to a fall in demand so the danger here is exactly what you pointed out: will Chinese buying make up for this lack of demand? Honestly I don't think so. Chinese buyers tend to buy in high volumes when prices fall not when they rise. But as long as supply falls by more than the demand--which I think will happen--prices should rise which is favorable for both gold investors and producers.
    Aug 31 11:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cloud Peak Energy Is Unloved And Drastically Undervalued [View article]
    Great article, you're young so keep up the good work and you'll have many hiring managers asking for your application shortly!
    Aug 16 04:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Prices To Rise Despite Continued Slowdown In China [View article]

Appreciate the compliment, it keeps me writing in a 'crappy' resource market!
    Jul 12 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Prices To Rise Despite Continued Slowdown In China [View article]
    I agree with you, I think the true devastating effects of the QE program won't be realized until it ends. By that time we'll see some unprecedented market reactions which may include spikes in inflation.
    Jul 12 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And Silver Prices Will Go Up By Late August 2013 [View article]
    Thanks for catching that typo.
    Jul 11 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And Silver Prices Will Go Up By Late August 2013 [View article]
    Oh, it should be decrease SUPPLY, sorry, I don't think it can be changed now
    Jul 11 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Falling Prices Not End Of The World [View article]
    Sorry I should clarify what I meant by the ambiguous comment "the demand for metals just isn't there".

What I meant was the demand for physical metal is not enough to turn around the weak gold sentiment, and clearly we're seeing that today--the price of gold, as I'm writing now, is $1,234/oz
    Jun 26 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Falling Prices Not End Of The World [View article]
    Hi Jason,

I'm curious which of these developing countries you're talking about. I'm asking because there are many other factors in these developing countries such as the government, the economy, and just having a history of starvation.

With regards to all your facts and figures on the all-in cost of gold, do you really believe costs in the mining sector increased by 300% in just over 8 years when global inflation has averaged just shy of 4% annually?

What do you think will happen to the price of gold then?

Prices are already reaching the $1200 level, so should we be expecting fear from miners and alot of M&A activity within the next several weeks if this downwards trend continue?
    Jun 26 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Falling Prices Not End Of The World [View article]
    Hi Rob Carter,

I might be concern if prices fall to $600 because the margins will be too thin for my liking. Having said that, your view of $1010 gold price is highly possible. We'll take a look back at these comments in a little bit.
    Jun 24 11:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Falling Prices Not End Of The World [View article]
    Hi glaserdx,

Thank you for your comment. I think the possibilities of increased M&A activity in the mining sector is very likely in 2013-2015. If you take a look at the mining sector, you see two things across the board for smaller mines:

1) lack of M&A activity
    2) difficulty in obtaining equity funding

These smaller mines are hanging on to their lives with very little left in the treasury. Some senior mining companies might take advantage of this and acquire these distressed mines since it won't be long before the smaller mines go out of business.
    Jun 24 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Falling Prices Not End Of The World [View article]
    Hi MacKay,

Thanks for your support, and I agree SLW is an awesome company--they'll be around for a while.
    Jun 23 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Falling Prices Not End Of The World [View article]
    Hi Qwertex,

Why not SLW? Falling silver prices will be good for the company. Let's not forget the only way SLW was able to lock down an average cost of silver at $4/oz was because silver prices were down below the $10 levels prior to 2006, and below $6 back in 2004. SLW will still be around at 10-13, I guarantee it, there average cost of silver is just so incredibly low.
    Jun 23 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold: Falling Prices Not End Of The World [View article]
    Hi Coins,

Totally agree with you there, let's not rule out anything in the short term.
    Jun 23 02:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment