Sinjjn Smythe

View Sinjjn Smythe's Comments BY TICKER:

• Is Exxon Mobil The Perfect Dividend Stock? Think Again [View article]
    Author, great article.
    Chevron is borrowing heavily to pay its dividend and has frozen its dividend.
    Show me a management team that has lost half its yearly revenue and was able to make a sizable profit, increased its dividend, bought shares back, invested in future growth and the stock only dropped about 24% and I will also buy it when goes to its yearly lows.
    Can you imagine the share price of AAPL if its revenue was halved. AAPL has a deeper problem in that its 200 Billion cash hoard is stuck offshore and can't be used to fund dividends, buybacks, or investments in US without triggering massive taxes. They are using debt to fund dividends.
    I'm waiting patiently for AAPL yearly tank, then I'm buying in.
    When GOOG starts paying a dividend I will buy on its early low.
    This is the perfect time to buy XOM at or near its yearly lows. I bought when it tanked a little while ago and just enjoyed my first dividends. I will keep this until they change management in 10-15 years.
    Nothing is ever perfect, but when a company's as great as XOM are at yearly lows and are profitable and increasing dividends and expanding future growth, BUY.
    I buy management and XOM has a world class team running it.
    Jun 24, 2015. 03:26 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Convenience store chains eye retailer-drugstore partnership threat [View news story]
    Author should have included AAPL for Apple watch health monitor which could greatly be impacted by this convenience store alliance. Heck, GOOG health search results will be greatly impacted by in store Minuteclinic. Yep, I'm gonna have to also sell my BRK.A which will greatly be impacted in its life insurance business. I'm gonna sell everything and buy VIX calls, because the volatility that this alliance will create in the markets will catch even Yellen offguard. Who knew... thanks Clark for your indepth analysis. Can you run for President, we need forward thinkers and visionaries like you in the WH. ;)
    Jun 20, 2015. 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Quirky Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Great, insightful article Charlie, thanks a bunch.
    Jun 6, 2015. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil Is Cheap [View article]
    AAPL, is a great company, but I was using it to highlight the difference which Buffet uses to identify dividend All-Stars. It really is subtle. Find company's whose dividend increases yearly and whose stock price stays range bound and who has a lot of cash and profits can easily fund dividend payouts and long term growth. AAPL stock prices gyrates up and down too much for Buffet dividend model.
    Jun 4, 2015. 09:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil Is Cheap [View article]
    One of the things that I'm finally understanding about what I heard Warren Buffet say years ago in regards to wanting dividend stocks whose price barely moves in good or bad times, but they keep raising their dividends and have solid balance sheets. I understand that with XOM now. Their stock price should be in toilet and they should be cash strapped and yet even though the price of oil has been halved they are still making a solid profit, expanding their business and have plenty of cash and keep increasing their dividend. Can you imagine if AAPL lost half its revenue for an entire year and its revenue recovery would be several years away where its stock price would be and what dividend would they be paying out?
    Jun 4, 2015. 08:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil Is Cheap [View article]
    Great insightful article. I bought XOM a few weeks back really low and keeping it long term.
    Jun 3, 2015. 05:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The No. 1 Stock In The World - Part 1 [View article]
    Great article. i just took my shorts profits on oil and put them in XOM at rock bottom prices. This is my ten plus year buy and hold with reinvestment of dividends on dips. Its just too attractive at this price with a solid management and lots of cash and still generates a lot of money. Wouldn't be surprised if they buy into solar or battery business for future growth as oil loses it dominate role in energy in decades to come.
    May 29, 2015. 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coupons For Tesla [View article]
    Great article, learned a lot. I will follow my dad's treasury buying. Back in I think it was 1980 or 1981 he bought 30 year treasuries at over 20%. His logic was Wall Street has too many smart guys that run the markets and those rates will come down under 10% in a few years. Every year like clock work they would send someone to convince my dad to sell his 30 year treasuries at over 20%. They finally got him to sell after 20 years when my mom got sick.
    Anyone buying more than 3 or 4 year bonds in this market is crazy. I will buy convertibles if and when there is a great opportunity on AAPL or XOM or GOOG. Anyways, great read.
    May 10, 2015. 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shareholder Friendly ExxonMobil's Integrated Model Is A Plus [View article]
    Great article. Took my oil futures options profits and bought XOM at their recent low. I'm one happy camper. Any company that could turn a profit and grow their business in this OPEC destructive business climate deserves a medal. OPEC destroyed 1 Trillion in their own profits to hold market share that they are still losing. Should compare XOM to OPEC.
    May 5, 2015. 10:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Crude Oil Prices Will Have To Fall Hard [View article]
    Michael,

Thanks for the Saudis insight.
    I said on another blog months ago that Israel should hit Iran hard since the Saudis and Egyptians have their flanks covered. No one in ME wants Iran to have even a computer let alone a working nuclear facility. heck the Arab uprising and all these Arab terrorists groups are funded and supported to forcibly remove the puppet dictators that Iran with help of Russian have put across Arab world. I hope Congress sends a clear message to Obama, Pelosi and Kerry not even negotiate on behalf of US without complete removal of all nuclear capabilities. Israel PM said it best just increase the sanctions that are working so well. Sanctions never started to have real bite until the world integrated digitally. Now, you can decimate a country with sanctions. Anyways, hows your article coming along.
    Mar 4, 2015. 01:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Crude Oil Prices Will Have To Fall Hard [View article]
    Pedro,

Thanks for your reply. I agree the oil glut will continue especially if Obama strikes deal to let Iran produce nuclear weapons, I mean peaceful nuclear armament. Iranians will let loose 2.4 million bpd according to latest figures.

As I said earlier Saudis admitted defeat to Shale Oil wildcatters when they announced they were satisfied with their objectives and where going into refinery business. Saudis yesterday raised oil by $1 in US and Asia to affirm my earlier defeat statement. Saudis are realizing a little too late that you can't pick a fight with someone who was in oil business when you were living in tents and riding camels. Not being mean just don't understand their logic or business model. Hey, let starve our golden egg laying goose, because we don't like their golden egg laying hens.

Today oil rig counts will be in the teens. Oil production will be a little below 4 million barrels. Heating and gasoline reserves will be down not by much. Market will go up and down sideways like last week. Got burned last week in trades, because of sideways up and down movements. Not much enough to piss me off because I know better than to trade on sideways action. I only trade on strong movements in opposite directions. I could care less about the news. Just have strong moves that move options double, triple or more in any direction in same day.

Anyone notice that their is a glut on all commodities? We are drowning in oil, gas, copper, iron ore, aluminum, wheat, rice, etc... Anyone familiar with that dynamic? What does it mean and how can I make that into profitable trades.

I have an idea to solve the massive glut of US Shale oil and roundly send the Saudis to the dustbin of Goldfinger wannabees.

Have US treasury buy up the entire 434 million barrels of stored US Shale oil at current market prices. Then put it in strategic oil reserve. Then sell it off when prices get to a $100. Brings stability to US oil and world markets. Teaches Saudis who is the real head of global oil business. Makes billions in profits for US tax payers. This is what Henry Paulson did to save the banking sector during the financial collapse of 2008. Henry saved Wall Street and made US tax payers a heck of a lot of money. Its now time to save the Oil sector from Saudis and bring in 100% profits.

What do you think Pedro or Michael? You guys have more economics background than I do.
    Mar 4, 2015. 08:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Crude Oil Prices Will Have To Fall Hard [View article]
    Pedro,

My guesstimate for Rigs counts tomorrow will be in the 30's. I think we are reaching the end of drastic rig count reductions. The drillers need to run full tilt to service their massive debt. With Saudis and especially their OPEC partners needing oil to not drop too much further oil should be range bound between $52 to $62 NYMEX.

What are your thoughts?
    Feb 26, 2015. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Crude Oil Prices Will Have To Fall Hard [View article]
    Michael,

Good points.

The thing is when things go really bad everyone including Chinese and Russians run to the dollar.
    2008 is a classic example of that. Even days before the collapse both China, Russia, Brazil and India where bragging about how they were gonna displace the dollar.
    The US is the only country that dealt head on with the mess and made money from it. Europe started taking savers money in failed banks in Greece to pay for their financial mess. Europe still has not dealt with the toxic loans nor has China, Russia or Japan. China has catastrophe written across its forehead with real estate, export, manufacturing and corruption messes on a biblical scale.
    What's interesting is that US financial numbers are up and everyone else in the world is down even with a strong dollar. That tells me the US can survive on just its domestic consumption. With large oil and gas production it can effectively whether the storms that others are creating for themselves. Time to invest in large infrastructure projects so that there are plenty of jobs and wealth is created on a national scale. need to also start paying down debt.
    This is fun I haven't had a conversation like this in a long time.
    Feb 26, 2015. 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Crude Oil Prices Will Have To Fall Hard [View article]
    Michael,

Sounds great. can't wait.
    Everyone realizes that this WH has no clue on Foreign Policy, but neither do the Russians or Chinese.
    The Russians on Monday in the Moscow Times were screaming that the US was destabilizing their nuclear deals with hypersonic missiles which they nor the Chinese have. Then you have the US deploying on aircraft carriers laser cannons rail guns which the Russians and Chinese are at least a decade behind.

As for energy Tesla might change the power market with their home batteries as they have with their electric cars and Space rockets.

I'm going to start studying the crude futures contracts to see if I can time my trades better.
    Feb 26, 2015. 10:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Crude Oil Prices Will Have To Fall Hard [View article]
    Michael looking forward to it as my major was Political Science.
    Feb 26, 2015. 07:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment