Sinjjn Smythe

View Sinjjn Smythe's Comments BY TICKER:

• Perspectives On The VW Scandal [View article]
    Anyone know if they will keep that juicy dividend?
    Sep 26, 2015. 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Perspectives On The VW Scandal [View article]
    Only concern I have is the dividend. German go. will step in if us agencies get too gruesome. Will they have enough cash and future cash flow to fund the fallout and the dividend. If so, I'm buying, add a few puts out of the money and ride it out collecting that big juicy dividend.
    Sep 26, 2015. 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Volkswagen's ESG Imprint: Could The Scandal Have Been Expected? [View article]
    German government. will step in if US regulators get too gruesome. My only concern is the dividend. Will they keep it and do they have enough cash to adsorb not only the fallout cost fund that dividend?
    Sep 26, 2015. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil stock dividends "mostly" safe, Raymond James analysts say [View news story]
    My ex girlfriends Chinese nail tech says, eat more pork with your oil, ;)
    Seriously, if oil doesn't rise soon the bloodbath after next quarters financials will offer incredible bargains for those with pork rind constitutions. I see XOM and CVX bottoming this year in low 50's. AAPl is getting near the 95 I forecasted when it hit 135. That one was easy with China troubles I saw coming. Next up will be forex nightmare with USD gaining against Yuan. I will start buying AAPL AT 95. Probably drops to 70 if next quarter is ugly. Lots of buying opportunities coming.
    Aug 26, 2015. 12:33 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying IBM Hand Over Fist [View article]

Thanks for clarifying and elaborating.
    Aug 16, 2015. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying IBM Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Great article. Going to be buying IBM on next drop below 150 in steps down. I see China's woes in currency and stock and real estate bringing markets down hard globally. I'll pickup IBM below 120 in bulk.
    Aug 13, 2015. 12:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Buying IBM Hand Over Fist [View article]
    Great comments, very insightful. thanks.
    Aug 13, 2015. 12:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron Corporation, H2-15 Dividend Cut Highly Likely [View article]
    PBR has its benefactor in Brazilian government, which has vowed never to touch dividend. Anyone familiar with this setup? Very attractive with government backing its dividend.
    Aug 7, 2015. 06:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chevron Corporation, H2-15 Dividend Cut Highly Likely [View article]
    Good article, looking to add at these ridiculous 'sky is falling' predictions. Yield is 5.09! Soon it will reach 6 as these articles keep driving a great company's stock down.
    The end is near for OPEC.
    Already OPEC countries are raising gas pump prices. With OPEC fighting on their own multiple front wars against Iranian backed militias and their own created demons (Al Qaeda, ISIS, Taliban, etc...) turning on them even that Saudi 900 Billion reserve fund will run dry soon. A year ago I said it was moronic for OPEC to try to choke US and Russian oil from markets.
    Yeah, lets lose several trillion dollars in profits to destroy US shale oil. These guys are Gold Finger wannabes. At least Goldfinger did it with style and lost just like they are.
    I own XOM and buying more. Looking seriously at PBR. Anyone own it?
    Aug 7, 2015. 01:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Will The Chinese Stock Market Crash Affect Apple? [View article]
    I see AAPL hitting low 90's by end of summer. Too many commodities collapsing will hurt every country and especially global companies like AAPL. Buy when share prices drop hard. Everything that goes up must come down. Those owning AAPL show buy some Puts to protect their investment in the short term. Long term great stock to own.
    Jul 8, 2015. 11:43 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Exxon Mobil The Perfect Dividend Stock? Think Again [View article]
    Author, great article.
    Chevron is borrowing heavily to pay its dividend and has frozen its dividend.
    Show me a management team that has lost half its yearly revenue and was able to make a sizable profit, increased its dividend, bought shares back, invested in future growth and the stock only dropped about 24% and I will also buy it when goes to its yearly lows.
    Can you imagine the share price of AAPL if its revenue was halved. AAPL has a deeper problem in that its 200 Billion cash hoard is stuck offshore and can't be used to fund dividends, buybacks, or investments in US without triggering massive taxes. They are using debt to fund dividends.
    I'm waiting patiently for AAPL yearly tank, then I'm buying in.
    When GOOG starts paying a dividend I will buy on its early low.
    This is the perfect time to buy XOM at or near its yearly lows. I bought when it tanked a little while ago and just enjoyed my first dividends. I will keep this until they change management in 10-15 years.
    Nothing is ever perfect, but when a company's as great as XOM are at yearly lows and are profitable and increasing dividends and expanding future growth, BUY.
    I buy management and XOM has a world class team running it.
    Jun 24, 2015. 03:26 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Convenience store chains eye retailer-drugstore partnership threat [View news story]
    Author should have included AAPL for Apple watch health monitor which could greatly be impacted by this convenience store alliance. Heck, GOOG health search results will be greatly impacted by in store Minuteclinic. Yep, I'm gonna have to also sell my BRK.A which will greatly be impacted in its life insurance business. I'm gonna sell everything and buy VIX calls, because the volatility that this alliance will create in the markets will catch even Yellen offguard. Who knew... thanks Clark for your indepth analysis. Can you run for President, we need forward thinkers and visionaries like you in the WH. ;)
    Jun 20, 2015. 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Quirky Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Great, insightful article Charlie, thanks a bunch.
    Jun 6, 2015. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil Is Cheap [View article]
    AAPL, is a great company, but I was using it to highlight the difference which Buffet uses to identify dividend All-Stars. It really is subtle. Find company's whose dividend increases yearly and whose stock price stays range bound and who has a lot of cash and profits can easily fund dividend payouts and long term growth. AAPL stock prices gyrates up and down too much for Buffet dividend model.
    Jun 4, 2015. 09:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil Is Cheap [View article]
    One of the things that I'm finally understanding about what I heard Warren Buffet say years ago in regards to wanting dividend stocks whose price barely moves in good or bad times, but they keep raising their dividends and have solid balance sheets. I understand that with XOM now. Their stock price should be in toilet and they should be cash strapped and yet even though the price of oil has been halved they are still making a solid profit, expanding their business and have plenty of cash and keep increasing their dividend. Can you imagine if AAPL lost half its revenue for an entire year and its revenue recovery would be several years away where its stock price would be and what dividend would they be paying out?
    Jun 4, 2015. 08:32 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment