Six Prime Investing

View Six Prime Investing's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Diversification Is Important For Income Investing Too [View article]
    Hey Norman. This list is highly personalized to my tastes and I'm sure will differ drastically with each investor. I actually do not invest in any financials, and will probably cut REITs down to zero as well. You could combine MLPs and Oil and Gas to make one large section of Energy/Utilities/Basic Materials. I singled out MLPs to emphasize they should have a special designation due to their unique nature. Telecom to me is important as its own category. I focus heavily on them and consider them a distinct sector. And of course there are the sectors I own 1 or 2 stocks in. The most important factor is not to get too heavy in one sector. Thanks for the reply!
    Sep 15, 2011. 10:33 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whether Certain Telecommunication Stocks With Outsized Dividends Are Worth The Risk [View article]
    CTL looks very interesting. I just finished researching France Telecom (FTE) and the risks do not seem to be worth the extra 2% in divs. Also, foreign telecom usually adds 25% tax of the divs, lowering the yield by a quarter. I prefer VOD and T over TEF, saving myself the headache of Latin American currency swings. CTL certainly looks like a viable option.
    Sep 6, 2011. 03:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Mills Is A Top Choice For Risk-Averse Investors [View article]
    Great article. I keep waiting for the stock to dip but so far I have been disappointed.
    Feb 6, 2013. 11:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Wells Fargo Is Buffett's Largest Bank Investment [View article]
    "Wells Fargo is a bit of a different kind of investment for Warren Buffett than some of his other holdings."

Certainly agree with this statement. He picked a great one out of a difficult industry. Much easier to pick stables than financials, at least lately.

My friend works at Wells Fargo and always tells me it is the most solid financial company in the country.
    Jul 16, 2012. 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Investors Do Not Have To Worry About A Bubble [View article]
    Tim I agree completely.

And I do not think there is a bubble. In fact I think we are years from a dividend bubble, maybe even decades, and by then we all will have benefited plenty. There are so many non-dividend payers, risky, poorly valued stocks in the market that people have no business investing in. There is literally trillions of dollars just waiting to become "smarter" and move into these mega caps. I believe the new trend is dividends and all of your strategies are going to have a revival over the next 20 years.
    Jul 14, 2012. 12:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Markets: Building A Base [View article]
    This article presents a convincing case.

I too feel the same way about the market. It is going to take significantly damaging influences to bring the markets below this level of support.
    Jul 2, 2012. 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Warning Signs Of A Dividend Yield Trap [View article]
    Stockopedia, great article.

I especially agree with you on high beta stocks. I have noticed these are the companies likely to pay out great dividends while the cycle is going well, only to slash them when they hit hard times.
    Jul 2, 2012. 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Good News About Failure With Blue Chip Investing [View article]
    Nice reply David,

At least 80% of my investments are in these large cap blue chip companies and I believe it is the best way to invest at the current time. I also believe that trying to look for that 30-40 bagger is extremely difficult poking at small-cap stocks. The only two I have come across in my lifetime that were on my radar are Fastenal and Tractor Supply, but most others have performed poorly. It takes a special skill to pick the diamond in the rough.
    Jun 29, 2012. 09:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Dividend Investors Can Ignore Stock Prices [View article]
    I do not think income oriented investors can say they do not care about capital appreciation, only dividends. Capital appreciation allows more money to invest in other dividen companies. If you got American Movil from the Tel-Mex spin off and held onto it, you could scraped off 80% of your 10-1 gain and put it in several income stocks.

If you are completely satisfied with your current level of income then of course you do not care, but for the rest of us it matter.
    Jun 25, 2012. 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Rise And Fall Of The Trader Nation [View article]
    Thanks for the comment.

That is a question I cannot and do not want to answer. The only question I want to answer is, "Is this a great company that can bring in dividends and consistently grow in earnings over the next 20 years." I have no idea how "high" it can go, but I believe it will bring me value and steady income.
    Jun 21, 2012. 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple TV: To Infinity And Beyond [View article]
    Hacker, if you believe in it that strongly go for it and I hope it works out.
    Jun 19, 2012. 04:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Too Zune For A Requiem [View article]
    Evildog I am not sure what you are saying. He is making a case for MSFT by showing that this mega cap company is (or was) somehow under the radar. That is a pretty bold and innovative statement that makes a lot of sense. Yes win8 will probably sell nicely, but the impact to the company's bottom line is overhyped.
    Jun 19, 2012. 03:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple TV: To Infinity And Beyond [View article]
    "This is because TVs are slowly becoming commoditized, as tons of companies join the fray"

Great line. This may make it difficult for Apple's sales. Essentially as long as a TV presents a good picture, the average consumer only cares about size, sound and quality. They then look for the lowest price that satisfies those criteria. Branding is not so crucial. If Apple TV is too pricey it will cause problems.
    Jun 19, 2012. 02:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Walgreen Walks Away From U.S. With Alliance Boots Buy [View article]
    Great article. Just went long WAG today so I appreciate the info.
    Jun 19, 2012. 11:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Short TVIX: The Ultimate VIX Contango Trade [View article]
    I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to short the TVIX, but I always tell myself it's just not my game. However, there have been so many opportunities to make money doing it and I don't see any reason why that would stop now.
    Jun 19, 2012. 09:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment