This user currently has no profile.
Smead Capital Management is a registered investment advisor headquartered in Seattle, WA; founded in 2007. The company was formed to allow investors to benefit from long-term ownership of common stocks meeting the firm’s eight proprietary investment criteria. The firm manages a US Large Cap equity strategy in separate accounts and a mutual fund for advisors, family offices and institutions.
- Description: Mutual Fund Manager. Trading frequency: Infrequent
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, Mutual funds, REITs, Stocks - long
Smead Capital Management Smead Capital Management (SCM) is a value-oriented investment management firm based out of Seattle, WA. SCM was founded by William Smead in 2007 after he had managed money for over 14 years at predecessor firms. SCM currently focuses on managing large capitalization separate accounts as well as a proprietary ...More
mutual fund. The portfolio management process is defined by SCM's Eight Invesment Criteria: 1) Strong Balance Sheet – Preferably more cash than debt or the ability to pay off debt in two years out of free cash flow 2) Long History of Profits and Dividends (or stock buybacks) 3) History of Shareholder Friendliness - Making shareholder friendly choices with available capital 4) Strong Insider Ownership (preferably with recent purchases) 5) Easy to Understand – Business meets a sustainable economic need 6) High levels of free cash flow 7) Strong Moat – High levels of profitability maintained by barriers to entry 8) Low Price-to-Earnings Ratio (or price-to-sales/cash flow/book value) in comparison to the last five years
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
The Rolling Stones Understand Long-Duration Investing http://seekingalpha.com/a/1njdt Dec 23, 2014
Latest Comments more »
- There are two Belo companie... on Mixed results for digital newspaper business
- On Bill Miller, you better ... on Screaming 'Bear Market Rally'
- Excellent work, Doug. Add i... on Amazing Demographic Trends In The 50-And-Older ...
- These are examples of compa... on Stock Picking As Capital Becomes More Expensive
Latest comments on Smead Capital Management's Articles