Sneha Shah

View Sneha Shah's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Microsoft Windows Lies Between Scylla And Charybdis [View article]
    @buddy - please read computing OS market, I did not say mobile OS market
    Jan 1, 2014. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple In India - The 'Mercedes' Argument Does Not Make Sense [View article]
    @Han - you are right about that , completely missed it :)
    Jan 1, 2014. 08:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple In India - The 'Mercedes' Argument Does Not Make Sense [View article]
    @docnaka - Micromax,Karbonn,Spice... are some of the major low end vendors in India. All of them are private so I don't know about their profits or losses. However, they have been expanding rapidly in terms of revenues. Given that only Samsung and Apple make profits on phones globally, I would assume that these companies are loss making also but cannot say for sure.
    Jan 1, 2014. 08:53 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReneSola - More Fuel Left In The Tank [View article]
    Rama,

Not a good situaton if you have invested in the highs... .All solar stocks have corrected between 30-60% from theri recent 52 week highs and not a big surprise given the traditionally volatility ... Renesola has been hit more due to the $200 milloin writeoff of the first phase . the poly plant was a risk which unfortuantely came true..

However, I continue to believe in sol as a great long term bet mainly because of market share gains, margins are going to go up and upper segment of the solar market is going to be profitable as the moduleas are now...... I think the large correction provides a good time to enter some of the solar stocks.. I was getting a bit leery at the higher levels ( not because of valuatoin but because of the short tme in which they had ncrased)

Sneha
    Dec 12, 2013. 02:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ReneSola - More Fuel Left In The Tank [View article]
    dq was also trading at a very low valuation so if bankruptcy fears recede then the stock goes up .....

about sol you are right.
    Nov 21, 2013. 12:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReneSola - More Fuel Left In The Tank [View article]
    hsol only wafers no silicon
    Nov 21, 2013. 12:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReneSola - More Fuel Left In The Tank [View article]
    renesola sells a lot of wafers , makes its own poly both of which are los s making currently
    Nov 20, 2013. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReneSola - More Fuel Left In The Tank [View article]
    Dear Jan ,

some low quality solar is also doing well (LDK is still in the $1.5 level) . That said DQ has said that they have managed to reduce the poly cost and got some contracts. Does not seem a bankruptcy candidate now but still a risky bet considering that the government does not want to support small companies (see China Sunenergy CC). DQ is also dependent on purely poly which is perhaps a bit risky in my view.

Regards,
    Sneha
    Nov 20, 2013. 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Android Gains Even More On iOS [View article]
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for the comment. You are right about the unending hate mail.

Best Sneha
    Nov 19, 2013. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    toraji,

Thanks for reading my articles. I don't think the MS is on a roll. LT trends seemingly are not working out for them. The move to mobile is kiiling their core OS franchise. It will be difficult to hold on to their office revs if the OS market goes to Android and Apple.

MS sucess hinges on how they do in the mobile space just like Intel . However their performance in mobile is quite bad till now. Surface did not work out. I am not sure how Nokia will do under MS as well. I would wait to see how they do.till then taking your profits does not seem a bad idea. MS has given good returns in 2013 ytd
    Oct 28, 2013. 11:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Time To Take Profits As It Cedes Computing Market To Google [View article]
    Hi Michael,

Finally a sane comment which I can read in the sea of abuse. The strong stock market has made the market quite frothy and many of my longs earlier are turning into sell and sit on cash. MSFT is the other one. I think its a good time to sell stocks given the valuation looks quite high for the general market and a lot of stocks (Tesla, Netflix, First Solar) . Apple is not a short but time to take profits given all the stuff is incremental and marketshare is declining in all segmens.

Cheers,
    Sneha
    Oct 26, 2013. 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    Thanks Michael.... let's see how trends work out... I think the biggest variable for MSFT is how it performs in the mobile field. If it continues to lose there, then the whole OS/Office revs will decline.....
    btw I use a Windows 8 laptop now and it seems a bit difficult to use... can't see any use of the tiles till now
    Oct 25, 2013. 02:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    Disenchanted .... thank you for the appreciation. I just highlighted that a change in the long term CEO by a possible outsider could lead to short term "change management issues".... We could always get a better CEO and then I be happy to change my stance
    Oct 25, 2013. 02:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    Dear all,

This article was not meant as a short trading call on the quarterly earnings as such but more of a 1 year time frame call . I had advocated buying MSFT for around $27 ( see my link in the first article). I had written the main piece of the article a month ago but due to time constraints could not get around to publishing it. I think that the main points are still valid in terms of the long term trends that I am seeing.

Regards,