Sneha Shah

View Sneha Shah's Comments BY TICKER:
  • ReneSola - More Fuel Left In The Tank [View article]
    hsol only wafers no silicon
    Nov 21, 2013. 12:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReneSola - More Fuel Left In The Tank [View article]
    renesola sells a lot of wafers , makes its own poly both of which are los s making currently
    Nov 20, 2013. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ReneSola - More Fuel Left In The Tank [View article]
    Dear Jan ,

some low quality solar is also doing well (LDK is still in the $1.5 level) . That said DQ has said that they have managed to reduce the poly cost and got some contracts. Does not seem a bankruptcy candidate now but still a risky bet considering that the government does not want to support small companies (see China Sunenergy CC). DQ is also dependent on purely poly which is perhaps a bit risky in my view.

Regards,
    Sneha
    Nov 20, 2013. 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Android Gains Even More On iOS [View article]
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for the comment. You are right about the unending hate mail.

Best Sneha
    Nov 19, 2013. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    toraji,

Thanks for reading my articles. I don't think the MS is on a roll. LT trends seemingly are not working out for them. The move to mobile is kiiling their core OS franchise. It will be difficult to hold on to their office revs if the OS market goes to Android and Apple.

MS sucess hinges on how they do in the mobile space just like Intel . However their performance in mobile is quite bad till now. Surface did not work out. I am not sure how Nokia will do under MS as well. I would wait to see how they do.till then taking your profits does not seem a bad idea. MS has given good returns in 2013 ytd
    Oct 28, 2013. 11:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Time To Take Profits As It Cedes Computing Market To Google [View article]
    Hi Michael,

Finally a sane comment which I can read in the sea of abuse. The strong stock market has made the market quite frothy and many of my longs earlier are turning into sell and sit on cash. MSFT is the other one. I think its a good time to sell stocks given the valuation looks quite high for the general market and a lot of stocks (Tesla, Netflix, First Solar) . Apple is not a short but time to take profits given all the stuff is incremental and marketshare is declining in all segmens.

Cheers,
    Sneha
    Oct 26, 2013. 12:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    Thanks Michael.... let's see how trends work out... I think the biggest variable for MSFT is how it performs in the mobile field. If it continues to lose there, then the whole OS/Office revs will decline.....
    btw I use a Windows 8 laptop now and it seems a bit difficult to use... can't see any use of the tiles till now
    Oct 25, 2013. 02:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    Disenchanted .... thank you for the appreciation. I just highlighted that a change in the long term CEO by a possible outsider could lead to short term "change management issues".... We could always get a better CEO and then I be happy to change my stance
    Oct 25, 2013. 02:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    Dear all,

This article was not meant as a short trading call on the quarterly earnings as such but more of a 1 year time frame call . I had advocated buying MSFT for around $27 ( see my link in the first article). I had written the main piece of the article a month ago but due to time constraints could not get around to publishing it. I think that the main points are still valid in terms of the long term trends that I am seeing.

Regards,
    Sneha
    Oct 24, 2013. 11:58 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy ICICI Bank As Blood Flows On Indian Streets [View article]
    1 P/E seriously?
    Sep 3, 2013. 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy ICICI Bank As Blood Flows On Indian Streets [View article]
    ibn does not have material dollar debt....
    Sep 2, 2013. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Renesola: How This Little Known Company Has Become One Of The Biggest Solar Shippers [View article]
    I did not miss it, but I am not willing to give too much weight to far looking price data
    Sep 2, 2013. 03:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy ICICI Bank As Blood Flows On Indian Streets [View article]
    decent bet but faces management issues near term plus too dependent on wholesale funding
    Sep 1, 2013. 11:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy ICICI Bank As Blood Flows On Indian Streets [View article]
    Mitch - I think the real estate prices will have to see a correction.... this is indicative of a bubble where income levels and assets prices are totally decoupled
    Sep 1, 2013. 01:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy ICICI Bank As Blood Flows On Indian Streets [View article]
    I share your concerns. But as I said the time to buy is when there is blood on the streets and not when everything is rosy as in 2008.
    Sep 1, 2013. 08:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment