Sneha Shah

View Sneha Shah's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why We Like The Most Hated But Cleanest Utility Stock, Exelon [View article]
    I think exc has been unfortunate on the macro front as its solar,wind and nuclear assets all got beaten by the low NG prices. I don't think any mgmt could have done much in these circumstances. In the world we live in, I don't think there are really safe high paying utilities,Mlps etc. The only way to protect is to diversify across companies and sectors.
    Jan 13 08:14 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Changing My Stance On Microsoft To Sell [View article]
    Dear all,

This article was not meant as a short trading call on the quarterly earnings as such but more of a 1 year time frame call . I had advocated buying MSFT for around $27 ( see my link in the first article). I had written the main piece of the article a month ago but due to time constraints could not get around to publishing it. I think that the main points are still valid in terms of the long term trends that I am seeing.

Regards,
    Sneha
    Oct 24 11:58 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry's Foxconn Partnership - A Match Made In Heaven Or Hell? [View article]
    @weisje - every investor has a different risk appetite and horizon. you are correct in saying that more money is made before the turnaround signs but it involves more risk as well.
    Jan 2 05:20 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The PC Industry's Powerful New Weapon Against Tablets Is About To Be Unleashed [View article]
    I don't think Intel and MSFT are catching up. Both companies generate a monstrous amount of free cash flow each year. Only their stock multiples have gone down.
    Apr 28 10:27 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple In India - The 'Mercedes' Argument Does Not Make Sense [View article]
    @Bobberry1 - Q5 pricing made it completely unsuitable to be a even a medium end phone. Please read my earlier article on Q5 pricing - http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jan 1 09:00 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple In India - The 'Mercedes' Argument Does Not Make Sense [View article]
    @docnaka - Micromax,Karbonn,Spice... are some of the major low end vendors in India. All of them are private so I don't know about their profits or losses. However, they have been expanding rapidly in terms of revenues. Given that only Samsung and Apple make profits on phones globally, I would assume that these companies are loss making also but cannot say for sure.
    Jan 1 08:53 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Intel Could Jump 2 Moore Generations Ahead And Capture The Mobile Chip Industry [View article]
    @redrut - thank you for the appreciation . Intel has already captured 5% of the tablet processor market in Q113 from 0% in Q412. Intel already runs very well on Android thanks to a deal between Google and Intel in 2011.

Both TSMC and Samsung are facing problems in going to lower geomtries. A number of sources have hinted at this fact. You can read today's Digitimes where is says that Samsung is having trouble in migrating to 28 nm.
    May 21 08:39 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 90% Of Green Energy Stocks Will Go Bankrupt... So Buy The Sector? [View article]
    this article is not only monstrously inaccurate but also totally out of date..
    Inaccuracies

1) JA Solar, Trina Solar are CHINESE COMPANIES NOT US COMPANIES

2) Europe used to fund CERs not the UN

3) Fossil fuels receive more subsidies than green energy . $500 billion in 2012

Out of Date

No mention of the fact that the CDM market has collapsed in Europe. I could go on and on about the article being inaccurate and being totally out of touch with reality

. the author does not reference the CDM market has collapsed with CET trading at all time lows
    Apr 19 12:22 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Or Nokia - Which Is A Better Turnaround Story? [View article]
    @green - will be interesting to know about the flaws that you are talking about
    Apr 4 10:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Peak Social Media Stock [View article]
    I will wait to see how the top managment handles difficult times before giving a judgement. If you notice I have written " management has yet to prove itself" . I have not written that the managment is not good.
    Jan 22 01:37 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • India: One Step Forward, One Step Backwards [View article]
    @Ben Gee - Pakistan continues to be an irritant ( Mumbai bomb blasts, LOC violations, terrorist attacks)
    China is building infrastructure in Tibet and placing missiles there. Aircraft and infantry have been placed there.
    In such a scenario reducing defence expenditure would be the height of stupidity. India is no Canada
    Jan 21 10:08 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • India: One Step Forward, One Step Backwards [View article]
    @Ben Gee - With 2 hostile neighbours with whom India has fought 4 wars in the last 65 years , don't think India can reduce their defence expenditure.
    Jan 21 05:21 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Attacks Competitors By Lowering Lumia Prices [View article]
    @marcap - its somewhat true what you say in that they had to lower it to stay in the game. I always felt that Nokia was suffering from the low end Androids, this discount should make it within reach of the low end buyers. I think that the 520 is a great phone at ~$180, the proposition at $120 is now infinitely better.
    Aug 14 01:00 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry's New Mistake - Q5 Pricing Makes It A Surefire Loser [View article]
    nokia 920 lowest price Rs 28000 -http://bit.ly/19eEKgx
    sony experia z price india Rs 31000 - http://bit.ly/19eEMoy
    Jul 22 11:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple To Stop Buying Processors From Samsung, But TSMC Might Not Deliver [View article]
    QCOM would be indirectly TSMC