Sophocles Sophocleous

View Sophocles Sophocleous' Comments BY TICKER:
  • GameStop A Buy After 'Disappointing' Earnings [View article]
    Thanks for the article u made some great points. I too rode the GME train from $16 to the recent highs. Got back in, in the 30s. Any additional thoughts on this expansion with the 163 store purchase of Radio Shack stores?
    Mar 31, 2015. 03:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terex: Great Prospects, Better Target [View article]
    Thanks Francis! Yes, please shoot me over a message. Would love to hear more when u have more info.
    Mar 31, 2015. 03:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Arrow Electronics' Stock Is A Good Investment Opportunity [View article]
    Indeed. ARW pops up in my value models too.
    Mar 19, 2015. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Mr. DeSimone's Neighborhood Of Accounting Make Believe [View article]
    Thanks for this!
    Mar 18, 2015. 11:29 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: EZCORP Provides Q1 FY2015 Financial Results [View article]
    Conference call on Jan 27th. No mention of change in CEO which occurs on Feb 4th. Unacceptable. Would it have been so hard?
    Mar 16, 2015. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terex: Great Prospects, Better Target [View article]
    Thanks for this piece. As it has been 6 months since this report, I was wondering what your view is on TEX today?
    Mar 16, 2015. 06:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Projections Point To An Overvalued Stock Despite The Tasty London Burger [View article]
    Stan, could u elaborate please on what comments your friends have made?

As I mentioned in my article, I ate with a friend who said there were quite a few places around like SHAK. He enjoyed the burger but I don't think he was crazy about it or the concept's potential...
    Mar 13, 2015. 11:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree. You have to be careful and opportunistic. Going with the momentum. That's how I've made money shorting both TSLA and AMZN :) But as they are wall street darlings, you can't hold these shorts long term. You're in with the momentum and out.
    Mar 13, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The company will have to exceed current management outlook if investors are to make any money in it. Currently the stock is trading at 4x sales that will occur in 5 years if management achieves its goal and if sales per store are maintained... I don't see how that is attractive.
    Mar 12, 2015. 01:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, the market indeed likes the stock. That's why I haven't yet shorted the stock (as I stated in my conclusion). The opportunity for shorting will arise once momentum builds in that direction. Currently the trend is still sideways to up, hence I stand on the sidelines.
    Mar 12, 2015. 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    London is expensive.
    Mar 12, 2015. 10:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use O'Shaughnessy's Screen To Find Value [View article]
    Thanks. I think so too :) So simple, yet so effective.
    Feb 28, 2015. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use O'Shaughnessy's Screen To Find Value [View article]
    Don't know. But my experience with EM is that it will probably go local, if there are local firms that do this, just to take care of "friends" and related parties...
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Anthem Breach Proves Wisdom Of Owning UnitedHealth [View article]
    ANTM is a cheaper stock to hold. Valuation matters the most...
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • King Digital Entertainment: A Lot To Like [View article]
    Nice call. Had it on my watch list for a while but let it slip away.
    Feb 16, 2015. 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment