Sophocles Sophocleous

View Sophocles Sophocleous' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Reliance Steel: Elevated Fear Of Cycle Ending Is An Opportunity [View article]
    Great article. Thanks!
    Jul 20, 2015. 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recent Buy: Reliance Steel & Aluminum [View article]
    RS buys the steel and produces the finished good in 24 hours (40% of sales). Therefore imports don't affect RS because of this turnaround time. I also own it. Let's hope some good results come out. Margins have room to improve which would raise overall valuation. I will be more happy with some positive guidance on this rather than current results.
    Jul 20, 2015. 08:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Now The Right Time To Buy Michael Kors? [View article]
    Are you still following KORS? Any view now?
    Jul 16, 2015. 10:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Arrow Electronics Is Not Offering A Wide Enough Margin Of Safety [View article]
    So true guys. Everyone wants to write about Apple. Not Arrow. Too many authors looking for clicks... And most not even investing...
    Jul 16, 2015. 10:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ACCO Brands: Fool's Gold [View article]
    Operating cash flow in the last twelve months was 174m. So even if they pay out the 50m in legal fees, then it's no big deal. Especially if they set aside for it. Furthermore, just because they have 800m in debt doesn't mean it is a large amount. It is currently very sustainable and is only 3.5x EBITDA. So I think you're a putting too much emphasis on these two events.
    Jul 15, 2015. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Jabil Circuit Poised For More Outperformance [View article]
    Came to same conclusion and picked some up back in April.

Unfortunately after hours activity yty has been extremely negative following yty's earnings. Citi thinks they are spending too much on CAPEX this year, and that with competitors doing the same, it will result in losing some market share and reduce margins. That appears to be the pessimistic view.
    Jun 18, 2015. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Pulling A Fast One On Google [View article]
    You Windows fanatics are just as bad as the Apple fans. Open your eyes, try everything and see the pros and cons of each.
    Jun 4, 2015. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Pulling A Fast One On Google [View article]
    You can't be serious or you haven't extensively used other phones. Android and iOS and better. No question about it. And their cloud is so behind its not even funny. Google: microsoft onedrive sync problems
    Jun 4, 2015. 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Pulling A Fast One On Google [View article]
    I used to be a big Microsoft fan. But anyone who opens their eyes discovers how MSFT has messed up. Lumia phone - got one for my wife. As someone who had android phones and an iphone, the Lumia system is terrible. Then when it comes to the OS. I am so sick and tired of fixing problems that arise due to MSFT mistakes. Example 1: upgrading to 8 cause numerous problems and conflicts on my Thinkpad. Example 2: Last week the loading circle appeared out of no where, despite nothing running. I just discovered it was OneDrive which I uninstalled. Note that I did nothing different on my machine. This problem came out of no where. Example 3: OneDrive sucks. It just doesn't work well at all. SugarSync (which I have been using for years - is light years ahead).

So first MSFT needs to fixed all its little and freaking annoying problems before venturing off on grand plans, because simply people won't buy into it. Personally I am so sick of problems such as noted above that I may even try a Mac, despite my love for Thinkpads. Yes, there are things that u can't do on the apple system (eg. the movie files) as I have experienced with my iphone, but at the end of the day, it works. And when u spend hours working, u don't need to spend even more hours fixing problems created by MSFT.
    Jun 4, 2015. 08:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Weak Aluminum Market, Union Spat Provide A Buying Opportunity For Century Aluminum [View article]
    According to Morningstar: "Aluminum demand and pricing are poised to recover from cyclical lows". Looking at the LME Aluminium price, looks like its at a 5 yr low. CENX has done better than aluminium price it appears.

See this too:

Quite pessimistic.

I think though that CENX looks like one for the watch list or if you get in then a small position as you may likely have to add. Technicals weak.
    May 29, 2015. 03:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Looks cheap. How correlated is profit to aluminium prices? Any views as to where profitability will be with lower prices? (Just thinking about the downside).
    May 28, 2015. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyer Beware: Your Screen Could Be Working Against You. [View article]
    Glad you liked it!
    May 28, 2015. 08:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Sanderson Farms Beat The Shorts? [View article]
    The problem with SA is that not all authors are really investing. A lot just write write write for the click click click. It's something SA should try to correct....
    May 22, 2015. 09:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyer Beware: Your Screen Could Be Working Against You. [View article]
    I've done some backtests where indeed, adding liquidity, does reduce your return by a few % pts however the overall conclusion is still the same.
    May 17, 2015. 04:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyer Beware: Your Screen Could Be Working Against You. [View article]
    Sometimes there are some opportunities in China, but the average investor is indeed better off avoiding. I worked in EM so I know what you mean. I did well in CYOU, buying under $20 back in 2012 but haven't touched China since.
    May 17, 2015. 04:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment