Sophocles Sophocleous

View Sophocles Sophocleous' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Use O'Shaughnessy's Screen To Find Value [View article]
    Thanks. I think so too :) So simple, yet so effective.
    Feb 28, 2015. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Use O'Shaughnessy's Screen To Find Value [View article]
    Don't know. But my experience with EM is that it will probably go local, if there are local firms that do this, just to take care of "friends" and related parties...
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Anthem Breach Proves Wisdom Of Owning UnitedHealth [View article]
    ANTM is a cheaper stock to hold. Valuation matters the most...
    Feb 19, 2015. 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • King Digital Entertainment: A Lot To Like [View article]
    Nice call. Had it on my watch list for a while but let it slip away.
    Feb 16, 2015. 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Staples And Office Depot Merger Takes Another Step Closer To Reality [View article]
    Take the money and run. SPLS CEO to remain in position to continue to destroy shareholder value.
    Feb 4, 2015. 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Be Rolling With American Axle? [View article]
    good call! do you still like it at these levels?
    Jan 7, 2015. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems Has A Lot To Prove In 2015 [View article]
    HP already has their own 3D printer in the making. Google it.
    Jan 5, 2015. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When Shorting Maximizes Portfolio Performance [View article]
    It is much more difficult to short than to go long. Even the best fund managers mess up, and no matter how overvalued, or how bad the business plan may be, it can take ages to make money in the short. (eg. Ackman's short in Herbalife, or Angie's List). So undercapitalized investors can easily get burned. I believe the key in shorting is to manage it in such a way as to increase your odds. By going short during weak or bear markets improves your odds. During a bull market, you can still short but you have to keep a tight leash. My advise to anyone who was looking at a short during today's market would be to time it with a change in sentiment and to put stop loss which would tell you that the specific change no longer stands. Take a look at TSLA. I had shorted it last year at around $150 when it started to decline. I had a $120 target but when it got there I got greedy and didn't take my profit, despite advise I had given to a friend who was short in very large size. When it got back to around $145, I knew I was wrong to not take my profit and that the negative sentiment had reversed. I closed the short with only a few dollars in profit but saved my portfolio from a huge potential short.
    Dec 8, 2014. 04:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cooper Tire Discounted Cash Flow Shows Upside Potential Of At Least 33% [View article]
    Looks like market took sale of CCT pretty badly. Down for the last 3 days in a row.
    Dec 3, 2014. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ACCO Investors Shouldn't Worry Over Temporary Events [View article]
    Thanks for the writeup. Reading up on it. Looks cheap.
    Dec 3, 2014. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Benchmark Electronics - A Compelling Growth Investment Among Small Caps [View article]
    I've done v well holding SANM which is also in same area. IBM sales are a concerning. If its already priced into the stock then fine but if it isn't then it will be a problem in the next few qtrs.
    Nov 14, 2014. 04:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Looks cheap. Are you still long? Any new views after holding for 8 months?
    Nov 14, 2014. 04:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Shiller P/E Is Useless [View article]
    Good stuff. Thanks
    Nov 3, 2014. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ITT Educational's Short Squeeze Is Here [View article]
    I disagree. Tons of contrarian plays show up where the companies have not had as many issues as ESI. eg. HPQ, GME, CYOU, XRX, WLP, etc. Its a matter of how many problems and if you understand them and how much they may or many not affect the company or stock price.
    Oct 22, 2014. 04:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ITT Educational's Short Squeeze Is Here [View article]
    I love a contrarian play but this still looks too risky for my appetite as there still appears way too many unknowns.
    Oct 20, 2014. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment