Sophocles Sophocleous

View Sophocles Sophocleous' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Jabil Circuit Poised For More Outperformance [View article]
    Came to same conclusion and picked some up back in April.

Unfortunately after hours activity yty has been extremely negative following yty's earnings. Citi thinks they are spending too much on CAPEX this year, and that with competitors doing the same, it will result in losing some market share and reduce margins. That appears to be the pessimistic view.
    Jun 18, 2015. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Pulling A Fast One On Google [View article]
    You Windows fanatics are just as bad as the Apple fans. Open your eyes, try everything and see the pros and cons of each.
    Jun 4, 2015. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Pulling A Fast One On Google [View article]
    You can't be serious or you haven't extensively used other phones. Android and iOS and better. No question about it. And their cloud is so behind its not even funny. Google: microsoft onedrive sync problems
    Jun 4, 2015. 10:19 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Pulling A Fast One On Google [View article]
    I used to be a big Microsoft fan. But anyone who opens their eyes discovers how MSFT has messed up. Lumia phone - got one for my wife. As someone who had android phones and an iphone, the Lumia system is terrible. Then when it comes to the OS. I am so sick and tired of fixing problems that arise due to MSFT mistakes. Example 1: upgrading to 8 cause numerous problems and conflicts on my Thinkpad. Example 2: Last week the loading circle appeared out of no where, despite nothing running. I just discovered it was OneDrive which I uninstalled. Note that I did nothing different on my machine. This problem came out of no where. Example 3: OneDrive sucks. It just doesn't work well at all. SugarSync (which I have been using for years - is light years ahead).

So first MSFT needs to fixed all its little and freaking annoying problems before venturing off on grand plans, because simply people won't buy into it. Personally I am so sick of problems such as noted above that I may even try a Mac, despite my love for Thinkpads. Yes, there are things that u can't do on the apple system (eg. the movie files) as I have experienced with my iphone, but at the end of the day, it works. And when u spend hours working, u don't need to spend even more hours fixing problems created by MSFT.
    Jun 4, 2015. 08:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Weak Aluminum Market, Union Spat Provide A Buying Opportunity For Century Aluminum [View article]
    According to Morningstar: "Aluminum demand and pricing are poised to recover from cyclical lows". Looking at the LME Aluminium price, looks like its at a 5 yr low. CENX has done better than aluminium price it appears.

See this too:

Quite pessimistic.

I think though that CENX looks like one for the watch list or if you get in then a small position as you may likely have to add. Technicals weak.
    May 29, 2015. 03:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Looks cheap. How correlated is profit to aluminium prices? Any views as to where profitability will be with lower prices? (Just thinking about the downside).
    May 28, 2015. 08:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyer Beware: Your Screen Could Be Working Against You. [View article]
    Glad you liked it!
    May 28, 2015. 08:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Sanderson Farms Beat The Shorts? [View article]
    The problem with SA is that not all authors are really investing. A lot just write write write for the click click click. It's something SA should try to correct....
    May 22, 2015. 09:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyer Beware: Your Screen Could Be Working Against You. [View article]
    I've done some backtests where indeed, adding liquidity, does reduce your return by a few % pts however the overall conclusion is still the same.
    May 17, 2015. 04:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyer Beware: Your Screen Could Be Working Against You. [View article]
    Sometimes there are some opportunities in China, but the average investor is indeed better off avoiding. I worked in EM so I know what you mean. I did well in CYOU, buying under $20 back in 2012 but haven't touched China since.
    May 17, 2015. 04:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyer Beware: Your Screen Could Be Working Against You. [View article]
    Yup, you can go crazy over this stuff :)
    Friday's close? Wow! That's why I like seeing the raw data to see what's going on.
    May 17, 2015. 04:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buyer Beware: Your Screen Could Be Working Against You. [View article]
    Indeed. I was looking at the Bloomberg backtesting feature and found problems with their point in time data. I spent 2 days on it. The problem was escalated and escalated and after days they came back with some BS answer. After all the effort, I just gave up. I didn't have any more energy to start discussing it again...
    May 15, 2015. 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasonably-Valued Growth Stocks That Will Likely Outperform The S&P 500 [View article]
    You should talk more about your picks. The risks involved and why they will outperform. I don't want to be tough but there are some pretty obvious stories you should have talked about if you took even the least amount of time to look into these stocks (eg. TRN: railcar discussion, the DoJ investigation., ASPS). Very disappointing and poor. I wouldn't have a problem if you weren't recommending them as you stated "I firmly believe that the companies on my pick list below have a huge potential to outperform".
    May 14, 2015. 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kohl's Is A Buy Into Earnings, Price Target $89 [View article]
    Good stuff. Am long KSS as a momentum value play. Hope we have good ER.
    May 13, 2015. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Abercrombie & Fitch: A Strong Buy [View article]
    Value play. Have a small position to manage the risk but intend to double it on some positive technicals as I agree this could get squeezed much higher. A&F brand sets it apart from the Sears, Radioshack type traps.
    May 11, 2015. 05:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment