Sophocles Sophocleous

View Sophocles Sophocleous' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Projections Point To An Overvalued Stock Despite The Tasty London Burger [View article]
    Who's short Droney? Read the last sentence of the article.
    Apr 24, 2015. 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ADM: This Company Is Lagging On Disclosing Key Environmental Metrics [View article]
    Seeking Alpha should not allow outright marketing which is what this article appears to be doing. Otherwise the author should contact James O'Shaughnessy with her wonderful find and if he agrees I am sure it will be in his next edition.
    Apr 21, 2015. 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Archer Daniels Midland Will Outperform The Market [View article]
    Excellent approach to investing.
    Apr 21, 2015. 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AbbVie: Is There Enough Time To Promote New Drugs Before Humira Patent Expired? [View article]
    Have to agree with Kevin here. Think about what you usually hear from management of various companies. (eg. "We target a 15% return on investment on new projects", etc). Have u ever heard management say we are happy with 3% or 5%. Obviously not.

Plus, imagine you owning the company. Would u be happy with a 3% return?

Personally I believe there are way too many flaws with DCF (see Montier's book: Value Investing: Tools and Techniques for Intelligent Investment). I-banks love DCF because they can kick out an value they want. But that value does not translate into investment returns...
    Apr 7, 2015. 02:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Max, your assumption is flawed because even if we accept a current ridiculous WACC of 3%, then for obvious reasons you can't assume them in your terminal value calculation.
    Apr 7, 2015. 02:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GameStop A Buy After 'Disappointing' Earnings [View article]
    Thanks for the article u made some great points. I too rode the GME train from $16 to the recent highs. Got back in, in the 30s. Any additional thoughts on this expansion with the 163 store purchase of Radio Shack stores?
    Mar 31, 2015. 03:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terex: Great Prospects, Better Target [View article]
    Thanks Francis! Yes, please shoot me over a message. Would love to hear more when u have more info.
    Mar 31, 2015. 03:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Arrow Electronics' Stock Is A Good Investment Opportunity [View article]
    Indeed. ARW pops up in my value models too.
    Mar 19, 2015. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Mr. DeSimone's Neighborhood Of Accounting Make Believe [View article]
    Thanks for this!
    Mar 18, 2015. 11:29 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: EZCORP Provides Q1 FY2015 Financial Results [View article]
    Conference call on Jan 27th. No mention of change in CEO which occurs on Feb 4th. Unacceptable. Would it have been so hard?
    Mar 16, 2015. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Terex: Great Prospects, Better Target [View article]
    Thanks for this piece. As it has been 6 months since this report, I was wondering what your view is on TEX today?
    Mar 16, 2015. 06:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Stan, could u elaborate please on what comments your friends have made?

As I mentioned in my article, I ate with a friend who said there were quite a few places around like SHAK. He enjoyed the burger but I don't think he was crazy about it or the concept's potential...
    Mar 13, 2015. 11:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree. You have to be careful and opportunistic. Going with the momentum. That's how I've made money shorting both TSLA and AMZN :) But as they are wall street darlings, you can't hold these shorts long term. You're in with the momentum and out.
    Mar 13, 2015. 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The company will have to exceed current management outlook if investors are to make any money in it. Currently the stock is trading at 4x sales that will occur in 5 years if management achieves its goal and if sales per store are maintained... I don't see how that is attractive.
    Mar 12, 2015. 01:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, the market indeed likes the stock. That's why I haven't yet shorted the stock (as I stated in my conclusion). The opportunity for shorting will arise once momentum builds in that direction. Currently the trend is still sideways to up, hence I stand on the sidelines.
    Mar 12, 2015. 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment