View as an RSS Feed
View SoundView Technology Group's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ACOM, ACTL, ADBE, ADS, AMZN, ANGI, APOL, BDCV, BEAS, BIDU, BRK.A, C, CIDM, CIEN, CRIS, CRM, CROX, CSCO, CTCT, CXO, DDUP, DELL, DIS, DMD, DVOXQ, EBAY, ECOM, EMC, EMI, ETFC, FSLR, GLD, GLUU, GOOG, HPQ, HYSL, IBM, INTC, IPAS, IRM, JAVA, JNPR, KATE, LNKD, LOGI, MDMD, MEMS, MS, MSFT, MSTR, MU, N, NKTR, NOK, NOVL, NVDA, NXTD, NYT, NZ, OPEN, ORCL, P, PALM, PDH, PDP, PROJ, QNST, RHT, RLD, SAP, SNE, SUNE, SYMC, T, TAO, TINY, TSLA, VG, VRNG, VSNT, XOXO, YHOO, ZAGG
The Street Abandons ChannelAdvisor In Droves
- The Q4 miss at ChannelAdvisor showed a flawed business strategy and a confused management team.
- Their plan to shift more to "enterprise" customers translates into lower revenues and profits.
- The gap down to $10/share puts them on par with similar firms with failing strategies - Care.com and Angie's List.
A Response To The Skeptics On NXT-ID
- Recent articles have taken a decidedly negative tone regarding the prospects for NXT-ID.
- We remain comfortable with our 40,000 unit sales forecast for 2015 and expect first customer shipments to be strong in Q1.
- Evidence continues to show that secure payment options that are based on complex software and operating systems will be challenged and defeated regularly by hackers.
- Demonstrations of the NXT-ID Wocket recently at CES generated strong interest from the crowd and filled demand for Q1.
- Our intrinsic valuation (IV) model is included here and supports an $8/share price for NXTD stock.
Time To Short MicroStrategy?
- MicroStrategy is going through both a management and product transition with some serious unknowns about restoring growth and margin.
- The shares have not corrected and discount everything going well over the next 12 months.
- An informed eye would say they will have trouble, particularly in expanding into the identity and access market.
- The company will survive, but the shares are vulnerable to a sell-off as investors wait for more positive results.
Glu Mobile Earnings Report Marks Real Progress
- Glu Mobile (GLUU) reported a strong March quarter with $47M in sales (up 90% YoY), which beat consensus by $10M.
- Guidance for the full year 2014 has been increased to between $155M and $161M, but remains conservative based on commentary.
- Acquisition of PlayFirst for about $15M adds what should be a new $10-15M+ franchise at an attractive valuation. Location and culture should also fit.
- With a market capitalization of $325M, the shares of GLUU are still at an early stage of recognition that its growing platform approach to mobile games is working.
A Good Case For Keating Capital
- Business development companies are trading at a big discount to NAV due to the market swoon.
- This is a temporary condition and will right itself over time.
- Of the group we note that Keating Capital has outstanding management, a 33% discount to NAV and attractive yield.
- NXT-ID Mobile-Bio Platform Enables M-Commerce
- The Cinedigm Content Library - Powering Netflix, iTunes, Amazon And YouTube
- Cloud Security Is Another Enterprise Market Microsoft Is Going After
- Angie's List Survives A Citron Assault... So Far
- Amazon - What If Valuation Mattered?
- Cinedigm Offers A Leveraged Way To Play Digital Films And Software
- Harris & Harris Group - A Nanotech VC For The Everyman
- PetroLogistics Delivers 9.58% Yield In A Tough Enviornment
- A Closer Look At The Vringo Patent Ruling
- Information Security Sector Update
- Vringo Stock Doubles On Patent Potential
Bazaarvoice: A Bizarrely Unprofitable Play On Social Commerce
Mar. 2, 2012 • Comment!
- Finding A Bottom In First Solar
- ZAGG Inc: Nano-Based Coatings May Make A Strong Case
- Harris & Harris Group: Compelling Value In Nanotech
- Connected Consumer: Vringo
- Solid Summer Of Execution And Growth For Cinedigm
- Money Flow Coming To Equities
- Thought Leader Interview With Cinedigm CEO Chris McGurk
- The e-G8 Meeting: Internet's Growing Political and Social Role
- Positives and Negatives of the Pandora Story: Our Intrinsic Valuation Estimate
- Microsoft: Lose Ballmer and see the $30's; Hire a Gerstner and see the $40's
- What the e-G8 Could Mean for Internet Development
- What Does It Take to Support a $100 LinkedIn Price?
Solazyme Pre-IPO Report: Synthetic Nanobiology Comes of Age
May. 19, 2011 • 1 Comment
- Harris & Harris and the Nanotech Renaissance
- Cinedigm: A Micro Cap Play on Digital Cinema