SoundView Technology Group

View SoundView Technology Group's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ambarella Becoming A Takeover Target [View article]
    Agree it's a takeover target and the price, even allowing for a nice premium is not high. However why isn't it happening? When I listen to AMBA management they don't impress me. So I wonder if we are missing something and maybe their ability to innovate and stay ahead of the curve isn't that strong. Or IP protection isn't as good as it should be? I'm not that close to this one anymore and have no dog in the hunt at this point. Interesting situation though...
    Oct 9, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fluidigm's (FLDM) CEO Gajus Worthington on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    Ugh, management seems to be whistling past the graveyard...
    Oct 8, 2015. 06:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short Zix: Insurmountable Competition [View article]
    I thought these guys were more of a email directory company which provides security in a different way. Didn't ever seem them as a MDM play. Been a while though, maybe they are grasping at ways to grow and expand their market. I don't think they have executed well in the past so without major management changes it's hard to see them winning against companies like ProofPoint.
    Oct 2, 2015. 08:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • MRI Interventions' (MRIC) CEO Frank Grillo on Q2 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript [View article]
    Put up a decent quarter in a tough market. Tried to lift but this one may just take a few quarters to find it's way back to $1.
    Oct 1, 2015. 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apigee Is Set To Benefit From A Strong Secular Trend In Mobility [View article]
    Good article. I think there is much more to the APIC story than just mobile but agree that's a big driver. Valuation should probably be higher as well. Company is new so has to educate the market more about their value add. They are doing it!
    Oct 1, 2015. 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fitbit: Short-Term Efforts Should Follow Nike's Lead [View article]
    I thought that the smartwatch would obviate the need for a FitBit but after trying one for fitness I don't think that's true. I'd point to lousy software and limited battery life as major issues.

Much has been said of the corporate wellness angle which I agree with. However it'll probably take the form of a special device. Firms are not likely to give everyone an Apple Watch but a FitBit is a different story.
    Sep 29, 2015. 06:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    This quarter is an easier compare. Might help.
    Sep 28, 2015. 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Radcom Manuevering To Sell Itself? [View article]
    Good article. In the final analysis it's hard to say that the board move is part of a process to get the company sold. But it's pretty clear that if RDCM gets some traction with their software an acquisition by one of the larger players is a high probability event. Since they are profitable your worst case might be dead money and if they can get some traction it'll drive the stock.
    Sep 17, 2015. 10:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman rate-hike plays: Favor balance sheet quality, avoid floating rate debt [View news story]
    Classic "we need a research call on the rate hike" junk that is pumped out because the don't have any actual fundamental value to add at the moment.
    Sep 14, 2015. 11:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Wayfair When Negligent Wall Street Analysts Are Too Lazy To Google [View article]
    In some ways the debate over whether they are #1 or #3 in a search result misses the point. Even if they are #1 everywhere if they don't make much margin on those sales and the customers don't come back then the engine of wealth creation never gets started. There probably is a business and a model that would work for Wayfair but I don't think their current one is going to work out too well.
    Sep 9, 2015. 11:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wayfair Is Another Sign We're In A Tech Bubble [View article]
    This is starting to feel like a "battlefield" stock even if the shorts insist there is no real bull story. I was surprised that the shares have held up so far. Recently it could be short covering but the market capitalization is still up around $3B.

I think W is doing a better job with the GUI for home furnishings (similar to what ZU did for clothing) but it doesn't seem like enough of a real foundation to build a company on.

Lastly I'd add that buying furniture online is a little dicey. I've tried it a few times and while it has worked out most of the time there were at least two heavily damaged items, one went back and the other I am using in a garage so it doesn't matter. Still it makes me hesitate to order these types of items online since shipping damage is likely and a major hassle if it happens and you have to do a return.
    Sep 3, 2015. 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look: The SoulCycle IPO [View article]
    The $30 price point for a single glass popped out at me. $250 a month sounds like a lot of money for this to scale beyond the most affluent spots.
    Sep 3, 2015. 09:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Response To The Skeptics On NXT-ID [View article]
    I think the risk reward at that $1.15 level is compelling. We're working on another update and one thing is clear - secure, authenticated credential management and the ability to transmit when needed (for a payment, unlocking a door, etc.) are core to the new digital world we live in. NXTD doesn't have the market cornered but they have some very strong IP and solutions like the Wocket that will keep evolving in this direction. Obviously the potential is enormous and will depend on execution. Stay tuned.
    Aug 16, 2015. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Next iPhone: A Bellwether For Growth Momentum [View article]
    The 6S sounds pretty incremental based on what you say here. I like Apple and see the stock a little undervalued here. But momentum around the Watch seems to be ebbing and lately the software (outside of MacOS and iOS) seems to be getting clunky and out of date.
    Aug 10, 2015. 11:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook And Shareholders Face An Oculus Rift [View article]
    Most see video as the next growth catalyst for FB and it is just beginning now. I agree with the author that 3D technology is hard to figure right now in terms of adoption, let alone earning from it. However I don't think it's really part of the investment horizon right now, it's all about video and richer content.
    Aug 5, 2015. 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment