Special Situations and Arbs

View Special Situations and Arbs' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Paying For Empty Piggy Banks [View instapost]
    (WHX) should hit another 50 or so new lows in the next several months......I've been short the 3 call but with this stock until it is delisted you never know.
    Dec 19, 2014. 07:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced Technologies: Apple Settlement Creates Opportunity [View article]
    Almost all bankruptcies end with the equity holders getting zero. While it is always possible that they get something here, I would consider it a longshot and if they were to get something it would likely to be under a buck......If everything falls into place and projections are exceeded and the solar business takes off I guess it is possible for shareholders to get a few bucks.....but the price getting to a dollar-plus will have no effect on institutions buying back in...this is a bankrupt stock.....shareholder value may get rebuilt but likely after the stock is cancelled and a new stock symbol is in play
    Dec 19, 2014. 07:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peer To Peer Investing Forum [View instapost]
    congrats Alpha Hungry....would you mind saying how many shares you were allocated?
    Dec 15, 2014. 12:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: Repsol revives deal talks with Talisman [View news story]
    I'm not buying confrontational

You can't buy the Jan 17 7/10 call spread for 5c.....probably not for 40c
    Dec 9, 2014. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: Repsol revives deal talks with Talisman [View news story]
    Your numbers are way off.
    Dec 9, 2014. 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: Repsol revives deal talks with Talisman [View news story]
    What is NR
    Dec 8, 2014. 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: Repsol revives deal talks with Talisman [View news story]
    I was thinking it would take 7...but same idea
    Dec 8, 2014. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five energy stocks liked by billionaires that could stage a comeback [View news story]
    Safer way to buy quality such as APC and HP
    Dec 7, 2014. 01:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calculation Of Remaining Whiting USA Trust I Distributions [View article]
    The June puts are NOT a sure thing. If they were the June 1's would be trading 90-95 not 80-85.....lot can happen that's not rational....gun to head the trust stops trading early June....
    Dec 6, 2014. 07:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If I had to buy one it would be TLM..Ichan likely to force something at some point..Plus company has been selling assets.....They will survive (or more likely be bought in my opinion)
    Dec 6, 2014. 01:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halliburton: Short-Term Pain, Long-Term Gain [View article]
    inside buys in what stocks?
    Dec 6, 2014. 02:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Halliburton: Short-Term Pain, Long-Term Gain [View article]
    DAG-I didn't mean any insult at all to you. I was saying that a firm putting a 70-plus price target on a 40 dollar stock is utterly meaningless.....Could Hal get to 70..sure...if oil bottoms and moves back up and the BHI integration goes well....I thought your article was thorough and informative and I did read it.
    Dec 4, 2014. 04:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Halliburton: Short-Term Pain, Long-Term Gain [View article]
    DAG-that price target and a quarter will get you five nickles
    Dec 4, 2014. 12:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Halliburton: Short-Term Pain, Long-Term Gain [View article]
    If the deal breaks for any reason BHI will probably head to 40 so you would be down 30% while the HAL holders might up up. I am not saying the deal will break or I disagree with your analysis but that is what an arb is: some upside and HUGE downside risk....The upside here is 18%....but over 9 months or so.....just giving the other side of the coin
    Dec 2, 2014. 01:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calculation Of Remaining Whiting USA Trust I Distributions [View article]
    Good discussion here. I am long the June 1 put.....
    Nov 26, 2014. 09:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment