Stan Ackman

View Stan Ackman's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Coach Is In Danger Of Needing To Cut Its Dividend Next Year [View article]
    I would say COH has very limited upside in a year. While I argue against a short on COH, the market already priced in a potential turnaround in COH. So, unless COH will rebound even more strongly than what market thought, it will not go too much higher.

Meanwhile, KORS is priced in a very desperate position. I used to argue against buying KORS as well. Now, the price is only $42 with TTM P/E less than 10. The stock has a very decent upside even if the company reports single negative comps in the next a few quarters.
    Jul 7, 2015. 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach Is In Danger Of Needing To Cut Its Dividend Next Year [View article]
    About a year ago, I wrote an article about why it is not a good idea to buy COH even though the downside is somehow limited. http://seekingalpha.co...

Now, a year later, the stock is breakeven after counting the dividend yield while S&P 500 has gone up by 4% during the same period. So, the stock is definitely not a buy a year ago.

The recent information still confirm what I said in the article. COH's Chinese sales are decelerating. What's more? Stuart Vevers' designs are much more horrible than I thought. Coach's core customers apparently are giving a cold shoulder to his designs. I don't think COH's North American sales will rebound soon.
    Jul 7, 2015. 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GoPro launches small/light HERO4 Session camera; Goldman starts coverage at Neutral [View news story]
    Kevin, you have to understand how analysts work. I, as a former analyst, know that analysts have to follow the stock price trends to come up with price targets. Otherwise, analysts will have too much pressure to have their reports approved. For example, GPRO has declined from $60 to $50. It will be a bad idea for analysts to upgrade the stock. Once the stock stabilizes, analysts will likely offer their supports.
    Jul 6, 2015. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Is Not Doomed [View article]
    Cfritter, your frustration is totally understandable. (considering how high your average cost of KORS is) I don't blame you attack me in such an unfair way.

I made tons of mistakes in investing before. However, in the industries I know well, I make less mistakes. Given my expertise in the fashion industry, I tried to do your benefit you by warning you several times that KORS is deserved to drop from $100 to $60. But you never listen. I bet you will make the same mistake again.

The difference between you and me is that I learn from my mistake but you don't. If you do learn, you should have not attacked me for my previous advices. Those advices are proved to be correct.
    Jul 2, 2015. 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Is Not Doomed [View article]
    The reason is KORS has reached a tipping point while others have not. KORS was punished very early and somewhat deservedly. Now, given it is punished too severely than it deserves, even previously skeptical guys like me come in. Remember, for every share sold, someone bought the share. Only when there are enough demand to buy, there are enough supply to sell. Without the demand, the seller would have to see 10% rather than 3% drop today if the same numbers of shares are traded.

Technically, KORS only dropped in the first trading hour today with approximately 20% of today's volume. It actually went up the rest of the day with 80% of the volume. The buying strength is there.

KATE still has lots room to decline. There won't be enough people to buy it.
    Jun 30, 2015. 05:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cvent: Lead Scoring And Bottom Funnel Focus [View article]
    Dallas, I offer my support here. As a CVT shareholder, I prefer you just update the latest information only.
    Jun 30, 2015. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Is Not Doomed [View article]
    Sorry to hear your loss. But this is the price you have to pay for learning. If you were willing to pay $100 to buy KORS, you have a whole lot to learn.
    Jun 30, 2015. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Is Not Doomed [View article]
    Today's drop is broad based. Most companies with handbag exposure drop by a decent amount. The European drama and a slowing down luxury market paid a fair share of this decline. I still don't see KORS will reach something like $70 anytime soon. But at $42, $60 implies a 43% return.
    Jun 30, 2015. 04:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Is Not Doomed [View article]
    I like this article a lot. The author has done a fair amount of research on the industry. I have been bearish on KORS since early last year. In fact, I still didn't feel the stock is a buy when it was $49. But I feel at $42 KORS is finally a buy.

When I hear previous KORS investors like Cfritter throw the towels, I know the price is finally right.
    Jun 30, 2015. 03:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Michael Kors Is Not Doomed [View article]
    Cfritter, do you remember I warned you several times before not to buy KORS when it was between $60 and $100?

I have some update for you. It is a good time to buy KORS now.
    Jun 30, 2015. 03:46 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullish Sentiment For Turtle Beach Corp.: Deaf To Losses And Skullcandy's Resounding Growth [View article]
    Travis, for me, the biggest difference is management. Hoby has done a fantastic job at SKUL. There is a setback, but he will overcome it. I couldn't say the same thing to the Turtle Beach management. The headphone market is very competitive. Without capable management, a troubled brand cannot survive.
    Jun 30, 2015. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree. Turtle Beach's margin profile is just too bad to sustain a viable business. I hope they go under soon so that SKUL could take more market share.
    Jun 30, 2015. 02:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Luxury handbag stocks limp along [View news story]
    This analyst from Citi is particularly bad in the retail space. He always comes up with a few ridiculous reasons to explain what has happened. Investors have to use common sense. Surely, handbag sales are slowing after quite a few hyper growth years, but the market is not going away anywhere. In fact, it is still growing but just much slowly.
    Jun 30, 2015. 01:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Control4: Intensified Competition Leads To Terminal Challenges [View article]
    Great insight. Once again, it proves management is rather incompetent at CTRL.
    Jun 25, 2015. 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Control4: Intensified Competition Leads To Terminal Challenges [View article]
    Buckroogle, I am not the author, but I feel confident to answer your questions.

1. Many weakening companies give investors false hope that things are turning around. At the end, smart investors don't trust them, and shares keep declining. Truth later confirms that these smart investors are right.

2. The acquisition of Nexus Technologies does not alter CTRL's terminal destiny. Investors should focus on core issues rather than noises. Every dying company periodically announces a few noises like this.

3. The whole dealership model on home automation will have a good chance to obsolete in a few years. It will not die suddenly, but innovative companies like Google and Apple have to ability to create a whole new model to replace the current ineffective one.
    Jun 25, 2015. 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment