Stan Stafford

View Stan Stafford's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dividend Aristocrats Ranking: Part 1, The Heavyweights [View article]
    Thanks for the comment! I agree with you that PE and price-to-free cash flow ratios are great ways of finding bargains. However, sometimes there are often reasons as to why the stocks are trading at such attractive valuations. I've seen several stocks with low PE ratios that turn out to be terrible long term investments. That's why I like to use metric systems like this as just as starting point to help find the best possible investments.
    Jun 24 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Aristocrats Ranking: Part 1, The Heavyweights [View article]
    I'm going to be adding to my portfolio next month and AFL is one the stocks I am definitely considering.
    Jun 24 10:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Aristocrats Ranking: Part 1, The Heavyweights [View article]
    Thanks! Yeah GWWW's yield is low, but if you don't need the income for several years, its still worth looking at considering it's strong history of dividend growth.
    Jun 24 10:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Avon Products Or Estée Lauder: Which Is The Better Long-Term Buy Right Now? [View article]
    Harold 2, thanks for the comment. You are correct and I have submitted an update to the article that will resolve this inaccuracy. (The ycharts charting tool I was using did not correctly account for El's dividend policy change from annual to quarterly dividend distributions). Thanks again!
    Jun 3 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 18: Schlumberger [View article]
    PamlDesertRat, good point.

That is true regarding the underperformance of SLB, but I try to not put too much weight on stock prices in that way. If you go back even further to 2000, then SLB is the second best performing stock, with only NOV providing better returns.
    Jun 2 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 18: Schlumberger [View article]
    shiv, thanks for the comment. I didn't realize the 11/09 dividend included a special dividend.
    Jun 2 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 17: Ensco [View article]
    I have nothing against SDRL. It just wasn't included because I have only been looking at S&P 500 stocks in this series of articles.
    Jun 1 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 17: Ensco [View article]
    njbother, thanks for the comment.

SDRL was left out simply because it is not part of the S&P 500. In this series of articles, I have been looking strictly at stocks that are included in the S&P 500. I will be sure to make that more clear in my 'overview' section of future articles of this series.
    Jun 1 02:51 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 13: AmerisourceBergen [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I only consider it (and other low yielding stocks) income investments on a long term basis. For those needing the income right away (or even in a few years), the lower yielding stocks are probably not suitable, but for those looking to accumulate shares over a long period of time, there are several low yielding stocks out there worth consideration.
    May 23 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 13: AmerisourceBergen [View article]
    Thanks for the comment! I will be adding to my portfolio later this summer and ABC is one of the stocks on my watch list I will be taking a close look at.
    May 23 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 11: McDonald's And Starbucks (The Perfect Pair) [View article]
    AnAvgJoe/ssamsel, you both make a great point. I probably should have just included updated charts. I wrote the article in two parts, and my intention was to make mention of the settlement (and its effect on earnings, and PE ratio) in the conclusion where I recommend SBUX with MCD. Unfortunately, I left that out when actually writing the conclusion later in the day.

I believe the distortion in the charts makes SBUX seem like even a better buy, so I still think MCD and SBUX are the pair of stocks to own out of this group.
    May 20 11:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hasbro Vs. Mattel: Which Stock Is The Best Long-Term Buy? [View article]
    I agree. I think Mattel is the better value at the moment, but I think both are worth considering.
    May 20 11:25 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 8: Intel [View article]
    This is nothing new for INTC. I have faith the company will see significant dividend growth in the future. From 01 to 03, the company didn't see any dividend raises, but then doubled its dividend in 04 and again in 05.
    May 15 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 8: Intel [View article]
    ca7711, You make a great point. I think new management has made it clear of their vision for the future direction of the company. I have liked the moves they have made.
    May 15 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Best Dividend Growers, Part 8: Intel [View article]
    I do focus mainly on numbers analysis in determining which of the stocks I'm going to look at more closely. In this case, INTC, ADI, TXN, XLNX, and ALTR. But then I go and look at recent earnings calls transcripts and other related news for each of those companies. It wasn't just the numbers that led me to pick INTC, but I can see how that might not be clear, since I did a very brief summary at the end. Seeing as how this series is quick picks/list articles, I try to keep them relatively short and at a more high-level detail, but going forward, I will make sure to include more relevant details concerning my top pick that are related to future outlook and not neccessarily "numbers based". Thanks for the comment!
    May 15 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment