Stats Trader

View Stats Trader's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Buy Kroger Ahead Of Fiscal Q4 Earnings [View article]
    Thanks David- completely agreed- glad to see I was right and they beat expectations (again)!
    Mar 7 01:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Kroger Ahead Of Fiscal Q4 Earnings [View article]
    Hey LC- we'll see how things turn out tomorrow with earnings- hopefully the good times continue!
    Mar 6 09:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Earnings: What Happened And Where Do We Go From Here? [View article]
    Hi JAB, Tdgardner, Valuable, and everyone else:

I have requested that SA take down this article because I don't want to profit from it. My thesis was clearly wrong here and in the rush to publish quickly I wrote this before the market opened and I had all the data. Apologies to anyone who read this far.

Thanks,
    ST
    Mar 22 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Earnings: What Happened And Where Do We Go From Here? [View article]
    Yeah... clearly the market action yesterday wasn't the result of info leakage- thesis proven wrong.
    Mar 22 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walgreen Earnings And Stock Pop: What Just Happened [View article]
    Thanks Rob- you're right, I failed to mention that. WMT also, obviously, has other sources of revenue.
    Mar 21 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walgreen Earnings And Stock Pop: What Just Happened [View article]
    HI Haikaa- thanks for the comment. I'm definitely going to start digging into ABC's financials- this seems like a great deal for them. I think Walgreens is a great brand, but if the flu season is mild next year there's going to be a big drop in sales for sure.
    Mar 21 08:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trying To Decipher Micron [View article]
    Hi hehehe- thanks for the great comment. As I mentioned, I think the acquisition will be valuable for MU in the long run, but management's timetable seems aggressive to me. We talk about DRAM as it's a commodity (which it is) but it's not like the logistics in the supply chain are simple: we saw how damaged the hardware chain was by the flooding in Thailand. I obviously don't think that will happen again, but management is missing projections in their own fabs, so I'm very concerned by to possibility of missing this year.
    Mar 12 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trying To Decipher Micron [View article]
    Thanks StockMarketMike! Clearly it's been a great investment for you. Good luck to you and the rest of the longs!
    Mar 11 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trying To Decipher Micron [View article]
    Hey Valuable- thanks for the comment. Respectfully, while Micron gets a lot of research coverage, it's far from a household name.

I think we're generally on the same page that its a good long-term investment, but they are counting on a really aggressive timetable for the merger. Considering that the company has missed estimates for 6 quarters in a row and just missed last quarter on unspecified production issues, I'm a little skeptical about management's projections.
    Mar 11 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Kroger Ahead Of Fiscal Q4 Earnings [View article]
    hey jack- thanks and good luck! I have no idea what's going to happen in Washington- but people still have to eat no matter what so I'm hoping for the best from KR.
    Mar 5 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Kroger Ahead Of Fiscal Q4 Earnings [View article]
    Hey evildog- good luck. KR's been a good ride for the last few months but you never know.
    Mar 5 02:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Friday's (January 4, 2013) Unemployment Release And The Other Releases Too [View article]
    Hi DutchJay, thanks for the feedback.

I've included the '% of days going up' stat in order to show if an effect is persistent or not. Knowing a stock goes up 53% of the time tells you that the effect isn't that persistent. But knowing that XLI has had an up day almost 70% of the time when there is a Non-Farm Payrolls beat is really valuable.
    Good Luck!
    Jan 3 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Trade Unemployment And ISM Numbers On Friday [View article]
    Hey guys- there seems to have been a glitch in the editting process. The final version of this article (with chart) is at http://seekingalpha.co...

good luck traders!
    ST
    Jan 3 07:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing Wednesday's Economic Announcements [View article]
    Hi Stanley- I'm sure the 'cliff' will move the markets, but I know the quants will be trading the same things they always trade. It will be interesting to see how things work out.
    Jan 1 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Playing Wednesday's Economic Announcements [View article]
    Hi Waditude- Thanks for the comment. You can find all historical numbers with market expectations at http://bit.ly/rkh1mA, but that doesn't have sector returns. In the future I'm hoping to provide more granular data, so stay tuned.
    Dec 31 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment