SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Safer Way To Bet On Apple Earnings [View article]
    I hope it doesn't apply to me..

But if you like my articles, please click on the Recommend button and share them on Facebook and twitter. That really helps.
    Jan 24, 2012. 02:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Profit From Tech Giants Earnings [View article]
    Still holding. There is always a risk, but IV should continue rising.
    Jan 24, 2012. 02:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Safer Way To Bet On Apple Earnings [View article]
    No, still #1. The rank showed in this article was correct on the date the article was published.

The rank is based on page views -
    Jan 24, 2012. 01:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Profit From Tech Giants Earnings [View article]
    Still in. Will hold till tomorrow, sell before earnings.
    Jan 24, 2012. 01:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Safer Way To Bet On Apple Earnings [View article]
    You can definitively do it. But remember two things:
    First, you will get less credit for the same strikes.
    Second, if you are wrong, the loss will also be higher and no time to recover.
    Jan 24, 2012. 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Sell Apple The Day Before Earnings? History Says Yes [View article]
    Not every short term trade is gambling. There are plenty of ways to make money short term without gambling. Read some of my articles to see how.
    Jan 24, 2012. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Maximize Your Gains From Apple Earnings [View article]
    This might be a little bit too tight, I would probably go 5-10 strikes further. But in any case, unless the stock has a monster move, you are not likely to low the whole $275. Even if it moves to 445-450, the 440/445 will still not be worth the full $5 and you will be able to recover at least some of the cost.
    Jan 24, 2012. 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I would prefer to have a profit and pay tax then no profit and no tax. Taxes should never be a consideration in your trading.
    Jan 24, 2012. 10:41 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Maximize Your Gains From Apple Earnings [View article]
    Please note that I said I don't advocate those trades exactly for that reason. I just compare them for the case that your bullish thesis is correct.
    Jan 24, 2012. 10:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Joins The $400B Market Cap Club - What's Next [View article]
    That's true, but did you know in 1999 that they are in a bubble? The nature of bubbles is that you recognize them only in hindsight.
    Jan 24, 2012. 09:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Joins The $400B Market Cap Club - What's Next [View article]
    AAPL is up almost 400% in three years. I wouldn't call it exactly a lid.
    Jan 24, 2012. 09:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Joins The $400B Market Cap Club - What's Next [View article]
    I would never sell naked options, especially not before earnings. Besides the risk being too high, the margin requirements would be huge and the return on margin much less than on hedged position.
    Jan 24, 2012. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Plays for Apple Bulls, Part 2 [View article]
    Mateo,

I'm not sure which broker calculates the margin as (sold put strike price - lowest long put strike price) x 100 = ($370 - $360) x 100 = $1,000. CBOE margin calculator calculates the margin as naked put writing minus the credit, which makes it around 8-9k. All brokers I know will treat it the same way since the short put expires after the long. So the return on margin is around 3-4% and not 39.8%.
    Jan 23, 2012. 10:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Profit From Tech Giants Earnings [View article]
    Yes, a very small gain.
    Jan 23, 2012. 06:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Beats Or Misses? I Don't Care [View article]
    See my article http://seekingalpha.co...

Same idea, different strikes, better potential profit but lower probability and lower downside protection.
    Jan 23, 2012. 04:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment