SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • My Investment Strategy For 2012 [View article]
    Thanks Monty,

Opening the condors on down days when IV is up is definitely an advantage, but this is not always possible. There is a fine balance between waiting for IV jump and missing the trade because you waited too long and there is not much time left till expiration
    Jan 3, 2012. 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Investment Strategy For 2012 [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. So you are from the "future predictors". And if the markets crash like in 2008, you still think AAPL will go higher?
    Jan 3, 2012. 07:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading The Pre-Earnings Volatility Spike On Monsanto, Mosaic And Apollo [View article]
    Gary, I agree with you. Hindsight is always 20/20. I definitely agree that 2-3 weeks is usually not good, except maybe for some rare cases like the GOOG trade when the IV is really low AND you do the reverse iron condor to reduce the theta.

However, Friday was only 6 days before earnings. IV was still VERY low due to slow trading before the new year as we can see on the IV chart. With 3 weeks to expiration, it definitely not too early. And like Augen mentions, the theta is not linear on weekends, otherwise it would be free money.
    Jan 3, 2012. 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    APOL was actually better to buy on Friday, IV was few points lower. But looks like it is going to rise for the next two days.
    Jan 3, 2012. 04:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Good Option Strategy: Exploiting Earnings - Associated Rising Volatility [View article]
    AAPL is one of the best candidates for this strategy. Since the options are expensive, I might hedge with further OTM strangle, creating reverse iron condor like the one described here - http://seekingalpha.co...

But AAPL still hasn't confirmed the date - where did you take the info that it's next week?
    Jan 3, 2012. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You can build a combo with pre-defined strategies, strangle/straddle one of them. Right click on the stock and it will open an option for Options Combo.
    Jan 3, 2012. 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My MON trade is currently up 7%. The stock is around $72, so 67.5/72.5 would not be delta neutral. If you still want to do it, move the strikes 2.5 points up.

I entered MOS today (52.5 straddle), I think it is a good trade. Also trying APOL 50/55 at 3.05.
    Jan 3, 2012. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Google Before Earnings [View article]
    I'm in GOOG 610/620/690/700 at $4.70.
    Jan 3, 2012. 01:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Google Before Earnings [View article]
    Debit means that I'm paying for the trade, not getting credit. Credit usually requires margin, debit not.

The sold strangle is covered by the closer strikes bought strangle.

BTW, anyone who is intending to take the trade - since GOOG moved, please move the strikes 10 points up.
    Jan 3, 2012. 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry, straddle. Was a bit inpatient, might get a better price now.
    Jan 3, 2012. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm in MOS 52.5 strangle at 2.58.
    Jan 3, 2012. 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Review Of 'Expert' 2011 Predictions [View article]
    If your analysis of the market is correct, this should work well. The benefit of my approach is that I don't have to worry about the markets direction.
    Jan 3, 2012. 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Long-Term, Enhanced Investing-For-Income Strategy [View article]
    K202,

I just came across this article from your later articles and I think you did an excellent job by explaining the strategy. It makes a lot of sense. In fact, I could never understand why someone would buy a stock at a full price when you can buy it at discount with naked puts plus generate some income with covered calls.
    Jan 2, 2012. 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Positioning For 2012: Guide To The Series [View article]
    I described in my article http://seekingalpha.co... how some of the expert predictions performed in 2011 (hint: many experts had 12 months target price of $18 for BAC and $60 for JPM).
    Jan 2, 2012. 09:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, it is definitely possible to structure the trade this way, and I might do it if the difference in deltas is still too big tomorrow. In fact, in hindsight, I should have done it Friday morning - on Friday IV already jumped 4-5%. But no woulda coulda shoulda..
    Jan 2, 2012. 09:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment