SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Oil prices drop as Iran nuclear deal reached [View news story]
    Of course Iran is the equivalent of Nazi Germany. What's the difference? Actually, there is one: Nazi Germany didn't have nuclear bomb. Iran will have it.
    Jul 14, 2015. 01:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Oil prices drop as Iran nuclear deal reached [View news story]
    Obama capitulated to Iran in the same way Chamberlain capitulated to Hitler in 1938. Iran showed the West how to do Middle East negotiation. Obama crossed his own red lines. It was clear that he wants a deal at any cost. But this is nothing new, Clinton made the same mistake with North Korea.

Amazing how Iranians continue to burn US flags and Obama continued to give them all they wanted.
    Jul 14, 2015. 11:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Worth Listening To Newspaper Tips Or Investment Newsletters? [View article]
    AAPL was $705 in Sep.2012 which is almost 3 years ago. So 24% in 3 years while the markets were up 50%+ at the same time.. Not much to write home about.
    Jul 7, 2015. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    I never said it's a bad trade. I said that your profit disclosure is misleading, like it is with many other trades. I have seen many times you mentioning that you made 1000-2000% on trades like this, while the real gain (return on margin) was fraction of it. But of course it's much easier to attract subscribers when they see 1000%+ gains. Too bad they realize those are not real gains only AFTER they subscribe.
    Jun 18, 2015. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    I posted the article on Wednesday before the weeklies were issued. So didn't know the prices then. But I provided a full support and followup in the comments section, as I did with most my article.

So please, next time, before you claim that my trades lost 100% and ask "How can you live with yourself???", spend some time to actually understand the trades we make. Because most of them don't usually lose more than 10-15%, exactly as I disclosed. In fact, we had ONE 100% loser since inception, out of 760 trades.

I never said your strategy is bad. Just different. More risky. Our goal is to make average return of 8-10% per trade (including losers) with minimal risk and no direction picking. It doesn't much brains to understand that non-directional strategy is in general less risky than trying to pick direction.

If we make 12-15 trades per month and allocate 10% per trade, you can do the math how much the account will grow in one year.
    Jun 18, 2015. 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    Correct. I used ONE software to calculate the margin. But the margin was higher when you initiated the trade because the stock was much closer to the puts strike.

But even using your example of 17k, that's 25k capital requirement. So 52k profit is 200% gain, far from your 650% gain. And it will take 1.5 years to realize.
    Jun 18, 2015. 01:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    Margin requirement on naked puts is ~15-20% of the stock price, depending on the broker. So around 2k+ per contract, or 40k per 20 contracts. The exact number is not very important, what is important is the fact that you calculated gains as return on debit, completely ignoring margin.

nit-picking? Not, just gave you an example of reverse iron condor trade, because obviously you have no clue what reverse iron condor is, based on your "analysis" of my NFLX, AAPL and AMZN trades. Care to comment on that "analysis" and my response? Or too embarrassed?

Not sure what do you mean by "without actually having called the trade". The trade was done in real time in our real portfolio. Again, anyone can verify it, without paying a dime.
    Jun 18, 2015. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    If you are not familiar with reverse iron condor strategy, here is another article that might help:

Here we made 20% on AMZN reverse iron condor trade in 4 days (2 trading days), without the stock moving. That's 1825% annualized return.

You see, this is why I don't have to pick direction. I can make those returns without picking direction, with much less risk. And unlike your 600% return on AAPL (which is return on debit, not on margin, and is realized only after 2 years), this return is real.
    Jun 18, 2015. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    '$8,000 on track to returning $60,000 for a $52,000 profit (650%). That's what, 10 years of your unproven returns?"

Well, there are few things that you conveniently "forgot" to mention.

First, right now the trade is up around 27k, not 52k. In order to realize 52k gain, you have to wait till 2017 (that's 1.5 years).

Second, and more important, even if you earn 52k, that's not 650% profit. Why? Because you sold naked puts, and the trade requires around 43k in margin. So even if you get the maximum gain, it is around 120% gain, in 2 years.

That's 60% annualized return. Which is not bad. But if I make 10% return in 7 days, that's 500% annualized. And this return is real return on margin, not return on cash.
    Jun 18, 2015. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    Maybe it's not such a good idea for you to verify my performance. If you do it like you did with my NFLX, AAPL and AMZN trades, it would just reveal your complete ignorance (scroll few pages up to see my response to your "analysis" of those trades).
    Jun 18, 2015. 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    This reply actually reveals your complete ignorance, and I'm glad that you gave a chance to finally expose you.

So first of all, this is a paragraph in the article that you might have missed:

"my favorite way to play earnings is buying a strangle a few days before earnings and selling it just before earnings are announced (or as soon as the trade produces a sufficient profit)."

So those trades would be closed before earnings.

But lets assume that I did hold till expiration like you suggested.
    The NFLX trade is a reverse iron condor. Do you know when reverse iron condor makes money? When the stock makes a big move and goes beyond the short strikes. So with NFLX at 83 (below the 95 short strike), the trade would actually make 63%, not lose 100%. If closed before earnings as planned, it would make around 15%, with minimal risk.

AAPL trade would be closed before earnings for ~10% gain.

AMZN would be around breakeven if closed before earnings or 60% gain if held till expiration.

"AMZN was another total disaster at $226, some poor bastard following that trade would have collected less than $5 and had to pay back $26 for a 520% loss" - I'm not sure where you are taking those numbers from. The trade was:

Sell AMZN April Week4 2012 175.0 put
    Buy AMZN April Week4 2012 180.0 put
    Buy AMZN April Week4 2012 195.0 call
    Sell AMZN April Week4 2012 200.0 call

Do you realize that this trade was done for about $3 DEBIT, not $5 credit??

You either didn't bother to spend few minutes to understand what the trades are, or you have no clue how those trades work.
    Jun 18, 2015. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    Sure, do it on my SA trades. They all were posted in real time (or with minimal delay due to SA editorial review process).
    Jun 18, 2015. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    "Don't make me go through the rest of your trades - unlike the people you try to dazzle with your BS, I actually understand the construction of all of these trades and have to tools to verify the performance."

Please, by all means, do it. Take any trade of the trades I gave, or any trade from my performance page and verify it.
    Jun 18, 2015. 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    I didn't say it's bad to have hundreds of ideas. It's just much more difficult to evaluate REAL performance when you have so many ideas. I'm sure it works for some of your members and doesn't work for others. Same with my members.

My style works for me and my members. Please just respect it. My performance is not questionable at all. How can it be questionable when I post all trades in real time, with screenshots of my fills? Anyone can pick ANY trade from the performance page and I will provide full details of the trade. Anyone can also take a FREE trial and verify all trades on the forum.

If I was a fraud like you say I am, I wouldn't become one of the most successful and fast growing options services, after less than 4 years, with zero marketing and advertising.
    Jun 18, 2015. 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Meltdown: Greece, Others Race To Default [View article]
    No, I didn't know that you don't have them. Any trading newsletter has at least some track record.

Not sure why you keep saying "there is not one shred of actual evidence" when all my trades are on the performance page, and all details are on the forum, posted in real time. If the performance was fake, do you think my members would stay even one day?

You asked me for some trades, I gave you trades - now you saying I'm cherry picking trades from 3 years ago? Make up your mind.

Here are few more:

AZO reverse iron condor produced 20% gain in 5 days - http://seekingalpha.co...

FDX reverse iron condor produced 27% gain in 7 days - http://seekingalpha.co...

SPY butterfly produced 33% gain in 6 days - http://seekingalpha.co...

RUT Iron Condor produced 51% gain in 24 days - http://seekingalpha.co...

The difference between you and me: you throw hundreds of trades and see what sticks. I make just 12-15 trades per month, but they are low risk, well researched and hand picked trades. Is my style and results better than yours? Well, we don't know, because you don't have a track record.

As for number of followers - yes, you have 56,000 followers after 2,000 articles, compared to 2,600 follower after 110 articles. The ratio is pretty similar actually.

Phil, there is something you are missing here. My original question was completely innocent. I did not mention my service. I actually respected you, before you started the whole war against me. Maybe it's for good that you exposed your real face. You are trying so hard to prove that your way of trading is the only one that works - it doesn't reflect well on you. We both know that there is more than one way to make money in the stock market.

Respect others even if their trading style is different from yours - and you will be respected too.
    Jun 18, 2015. 09:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment