SteadyOptions

View SteadyOptions' Comments BY TICKER:
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    You mist be 10 years old then.. because according to my memory, I remember at least 2 crashes in the last 14 years (2000 and 2008), both over 40%. Another one was in 1987 (30%).
    Sep 18, 2014. 02:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    "OF COURSE you're going to find that most people who were buying and selling a lot underperformed. That's a given."

That's true only if you buy when the market goes up and sell when the market goes down. There are many ways to trade a LOT and outperform by a LOT. But you need to understand what you are doing. And most people who trade a lot only THINK that they understand.

But again, the fact remains. And those who "buy and hold" not necessarily get the 9%/year. It really depends when they started. Those who started in 2007, it will take years till they see an "average" return of 9%/year.
    Sep 18, 2014. 02:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    No, hedges are for people who don't want to lose 40-50% of their account.

If you lose 50%, you need 100% gain to get back to even. Many people forget this simple fact.

If you bought 5 years ago, you are in a good shape. What if you bought 7 years ago (2007)? How about those who bought in March 2000?
    Sep 18, 2014. 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    It doesn't matter how you call them, the fact remains. It's not that a small part unperformed, we are talking about AVERAGE equity fund investor.

Many of them are not necessarily speculators. read the article to see the reasons for underperformance.
    Sep 18, 2014. 08:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    Here is one source (there are many more):

"For the twenty years ending 12/31/2013 the S&P 500 Index averaged 9.22% a year. A pretty attractive historical return. The average equity fund investor earned a market return of only 5.02%."

I see it every day in my options service. Many people join after a hot streak and quit after few bad trades. Believe it or not, but I had few members quitting and re-joining 4-5 times, repeating the same pattern over and over again, always missing the most profitable months. Many of them cancel after just few weeks or 3-4 bad trades.

This is a classic definition of "buy high sell low", and this is what most people do when it comes to the stock market.
    Sep 17, 2014. 08:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    This is hilarious:

Dear iPhone 6 users: welcome to 2012!
    Sep 17, 2014. 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    Not, it's a concept of buying long term puts and paying for them by selling short term puts with specific ratio. Read the link.
    Sep 17, 2014. 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • In The Next Correction, Will You Be A Winner Or A Loser? [View article]
    Great article.

After 5 years of bull market, many investors have a short term memory loss. They think it can go on forever. When they wake up, it's too late.

Take a look how you can fully hedge your portfolio with minimal or no cost - http://bit.ly/1i9K990
    Sep 17, 2014. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    When AAPL wasn't a bargain? Was it a bargain at $705 2 years ago? According to all Apple fanboys, it was going to $1,000 in no time.
    Sep 17, 2014. 02:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Can't Believe The Apple Hype [View article]
    Welcome back Rocco! It's good to read your excellent articles again.

As Dan Nathan wrote:

"What I hate most about the stock right now is the sentiment. In my experience on Twitter, you are a total DICK if you talk negatively about Apple. Which is hilarious to me because I remember the last time this Apple stock pundit was the recipient of such venom (spoiler alert: Sept 2012). Many Apple investors are irrationally confident despite the risk that history may repeat itself again. My view very simply is that the news-flow is subsiding, the sentiment is peaking, and there is a possibility that the stock could actually go down from current levels."

Comments in your article just confirm it. It was very balanced and realistic article, very far from bashing. But to Apple fanboys, if you don't write that the stock will double in the next couple years, you are a clueless dick.

The four most dangerous words in investing are "this time it's different" - Sir John Templeton.
    Sep 17, 2014. 02:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    I don't know why I even waste my time arguing with you. You won't let the facts to confuse you.

I suggest to all Apple fanboys to read the post from Dan Nathan - http://bit.ly/1pixG4Z:

Oh and for those of you who think that AAPL’s stock can’t go down because of buybacks, it is important to note that on September 3rd the stock lost almost $30 billion in market cap in a matter of hours"

Dan Nathan is a very smart guy. Unlike many talking heads here whi do just that - talking, Dan is an actual trader with excellent track record. Maybe it's worth listening to what he is saying.
    Sep 16, 2014. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    iPhone 4 is only 4 years old. Some people don't want to be forced to change phones every 2-3 years. They feel perfectly fine with a 4 years old phone. Even if it's only 1% of the users, they should be able to use their old phone as long as they want, and be able to upgrade to a new version of software. I was in software development for 20 years, we were always required to support hardware even 6-10 years old.

As for the competitors - they might do the same, I didn't check, but Apple claims to have higher standards. This is why they charge premium prices, right? So it's okay to break backwards compatibility only because competitors do it too?
    Sep 15, 2014. 08:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    Compatible phones for iOS8 include iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, and 6 Plus. This means that only 4 of the existing phones will be updated with the new OS. iPhone 4 and earlier versions are not compatible. Breaking backwards compatibility is considered one of the worst things in software development. But of course Apple fanboys don't really care, like they didn't care about other iPhone issues (battery drain etc.)

According to Apple fanboys, "it's not a bug it's a feature"
    Sep 15, 2014. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    Agree.. this would be huge and justify buying the watch.
    Sep 14, 2014. 01:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Vs. The Competition [View article]
    I'm not short and not long AAPL or any other stock. I trade options only, non-directionally, and pretty successfully if you look at my track record http://bit.ly/MXsvon.

Are you one of those who bought AAPL at $705 2 years ago? Here is some friendly advice from someone who a bit smarter than most of those posting here (including myself): the situation now seems very similar to September 2012 - http://bit.ly/WJmreM.
    Sep 14, 2014. 01:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment